Mac. no available application

53 Troll Priest
Safari can’t open the file “World-of-Warcraft-Setup-enUS” because no available application can open it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Is this from trying to open the zip file you downloaded ?

Or from the program in the Applications folder ?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you take a screenshot of the error and the file itself? I've seen a few reports of this and would like to gather more data.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Odd...why exactly do you have Safari set to open downloaded files at all? That's asking for serious trouble security-wise.

Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
i had a similar experience, basically your computer has an old os and you need to get a new one or update. mine was so old that i have to now buy the dvd for the new one to try to catch up. i think im just going to buy a new comp, probably a pc, and if you can, you should too.
Reply Quote
The file you downloaded has its type and creator code improperly set to a file dependent on Safari to open it.

Sometimes you can rename the file to have a .app extension, then tell the Finder to "Use .app" and it will become an application that you might be able to launch.

But, perhaps as Abuuk stated, you may need to upgrade your OS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]