Shuriken Toss - The Rogue's Gag Order?

90 Pandaren Rogue
The title really says it all. Anyone else under the impression that maybe we're getting a little too much love with this ability? Between the control hard-baked into our class, it would seem that the 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander' relating to the abilities mentioned above should be given a hard look at.

This is it, of course, combined with Deadly Throw to make for a combination (3 combo points for silence) that requires a scant few seconds to set up with no cooldown.

Wouldn't want rogues to end up being this expansion's warriors, would we?
Edited by Zoufu on 4/4/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Nah, what I WOULD like is for PVP to stop being the reason I cannot have nice things.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
You aren't specced for Shuriken Toss or Deadly Throw, why would you even care?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
because i guess people never swap out talents for specific raid fights or situations......the ignorance is strong in your post
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I don't PvP, so are rogues dominating all aspects of PvP now due to ST? Just curious if there is a real balance issue or just the usual whining.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
04/04/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Sel
because i guess people never swap out talents for specific raid fights or situations......the ignorance is strong in your post

You can argue until your blue in the face if it makes you feel better, but you know neither of those talents is most popular for any pve rogue spec.

A nerf to either would have very limited impact on pve and people are just complaining because getting nerfed isn't fun, even if it hardly affects you at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I don't PvP, so are rogues dominating all aspects of PvP now due to ST? Just curious if there is a real balance issue or just the usual whining.

Real Balance, I would like to say. It come back to the 'it doesn't take skill to have an ability that allows you to silence someone at range' with ease on no real cooldown. The same issue people had with Heroic Throw being able to silence, thanks to gag order.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

I change my talents on a fight by fight basis, based on what is best.

There are several fights and other instances where I do use the talent, nurfing it would impact that greatly.

You can argue until your blue in the face if it makes you feel better, but you know neither of those talents is most popular for any pve rogue spec.

A nerf to either would have very limited impact on pve and people are just complaining because getting nerfed isn't fun, even if it hardly affects you at all.

So, basic logic from you is "People are not using it so a nurf is no big deal"

I'll let you think about the flaws in that. Go on. I'll wait.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
The same issue people had with Heroic Throw being able to silence, thanks to gag order.

Blanket silence on heroic throw was never a problem.

Shuriken toss is silly because your a melee.

If you are unable to stay on target in this state of the game, you are playing poorly and should see poor results. Deadly throw interrupt is silliness just cuz there are too many ways to stop casting already. you need less. not more.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
Shruiken toss is too cheap of a way to generate CP's to even have, let alone use, deadly throw.

Put em in the same tier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/04/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Creepah

yea because the OP is talking about pve...

The first clue the OP was talking about pvp:

the control hard-baked into our class

and the second

This is it, of course, combined with Deadly Throw to make for a combination (3 combo points for silence) that requires a scant few seconds to set up with no cooldown.

Reply Quote
92 Human Priest
yea because the OP is talking about pve...

Yeah, they were not responding to the OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I miss gag order so much. It was just too good to be true. I had a clingy/separation anxiety about it (OHHHH MY PRECIOUSSSS ITSSSSSS HURTTSSSS USSSS)... ...even before they nerfed it a couple levels below worthless. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away... ...aint that a b*t(^c
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I have to pop a 3 minute cooldown to get ranged auto attacks...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I miss gag order so much. It was just too good to be true. I had a clingy/separation anxiety about it (OHHHH MY PRECIOUSSSS ITSSSSSS HURTTSSSS USSSS)... ...even before they nerfed it a couple levels below worthless. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away... ...aint that a b*t(^c

That has absolutely nothing to do with the original month-old post that you just necroed.

Did you just get the desire to post something about Gag Order, search "Gag Order" in the search bar, and just comment in the first one you saw?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]