Making stagger more active

100 Pandaren Monk
Brewmasters feel really passive to me when compared to Protadins.

I'd like a glyph that changes shuffle to make BoK something that is used more strategically.

For example, rather than a flat 20% for 6 seconds, have BoK apply two buffs, one that staggers for 20% for 3 seconds, and a second that staggers 10% for 6 seconds.

This would give the player more agency and feel less like "I'm going to keep my buffs up and after stuff happens to me I'll purify it."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

??
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
er... Purifying brew isn't active enough for you?

These tanks already have too many buttons man. Don't make it more complicated.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
You're trying to compare two classes that aren't really comparable. Shuffle is the equivelant of what prot pallies have passively i.e. more armor/block. If you were going to compare any BrM spell to shield of the righteous (realistically the only "active" mitigation spell pallies have) i'd compare it more to guard or elusive brew.
Reply Quote
This would give the player more agency and feel less like "I'm going to keep my buffs up and after stuff happens to me I'll purify it."

How are your changes any different then that?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That pretty much sounds like an awful idea. Unless Blizzard were going to add a large armor increase to Ox Stance. But if you want to play like a Protection Paladin, my advice is to simply play a Protection Paladin. There's nothing stopping you from doing it, and it will have all of the changes you seem to want for Monks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You do realize that the Shuffle buff is what makes a monk tank a tank instead of a dps? We don't have the passive mitigation to tank a raid boss without Shuffle up, which is why it has to have 100% uptime. I've always considered our AM a combination of PB and EB anyway. BoK has nothing to do with Stagger itself, which is what our AM is linked to - it is all about the Shuffle buff. Nerfing the buff duration we get from BoK would make us incredibly weak tanks.

EDIT: For comparison, your suggestion would be equal to telling Paladins that their armor would be reduced by 20% or more whenever they didn't have SotR up.
Edited by Boozette on 4/4/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF

Hilarious good sir.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]