An Anti-Camping Guide

100 Dwarf Shaman
The only positive thing about the random meet was that the monk was not killed again...again...again and it gave me some free time to make a samwich and get a coke.

Was NOT killed and camped or was? (trying to figure where the sammich and coke time came from )
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Great post, I normally remain neutral and don't attack op faction, unless defending myself, others or Horde Capitals, Citys or Towns.

Now in my travels, if I see a low level character of either faction being over whelmed by mobs, I tend to assist..carefully if op fact, and kill the mobs that are killing them. I will even ask a person on RealID to give them a heads up that I will not kill them or attack them so they will not panic or attack me for my charity of assitance. When done, I move on.

Not to toss a Snickers bar in the swimming pool, but I do believe that not all who are of TE follow these guildlines. Cause a certain 40 something Riskbreakers monk saw a certain 90 TE hunter in Felwood recently. The Monk waved and was repaid with an arrow to the face and quick scalping. The only positive thing about the random meet was that the monk was not killed again...again...again and it gave me some free time to make a samwich and get a coke.

Bob, are you in-game to chat with me a moment? Horde-side or Alliance side. Let me know what toon you're on.

Naw...I am in a CV writing BS reports listening to my radio and hoping not to catch any further BS calls. Will say the one accident I have was a hoot...and elderly punched the gas and struck a whole line of cars...gratefully no one was hurt.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/07/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Oolaki
The only positive thing about the random meet was that the monk was not killed again...again...again and it gave me some free time to make a samwich and get a coke.

Was NOT killed and camped or was? (trying to figure where the sammich and coke time came from )

Killed only once and when I was visting with Granny, I opted to to go get a Peanut and jelly sandwich. I needed a slight break and used this as reason.Kind of partial to Stawberry perserves. In hindsight, should have gotten milk instead of a coke. PPJ goes well with a ice cold glass of 2% milk.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Naw...I am in a CV writing BS reports listening to my radio and hoping not to catch any further BS calls. Will say the one accident I have was a hoot...and elderly punched the gas and struck a whole line of cars...gratefully no one was hurt.

I was thinkin' about you today, Bob, when I saw one of your brethren zip around me at 75/285 interchange to pull some yahoo over who evidently figured that blowing the doors off the 'pokey' 60-65ers was a good plan (forgetting/ignoring that the speed limit changes right there).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/07/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Oolaki

I was thinkin' about you today, Bob, when I saw one of your brethren zip around me at 75/285 interchange to pull some yahoo over who evidently figured that blowing the doors off the 'pokey' 60-65ers was a good plan (forgetting/ignoring that the speed limit changes right there).

Just remember the warning I gave you...GSP moved a whole Bat of troopers up in the I75/I575 Corridor. They have even started to leak into the secondary systems. Theese troops are young and fresh with eagerness to cite.
Edited by Bobcat on 4/7/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bumping this so some people can see it =)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Boy do I remember how frustrated the sandwich advice made me as a newbie.

You're makin' the wrong sandwiches, then.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/22/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Krahmm
Boy do I remember how frustrated the sandwich advice made me as a newbie.

You're makin' the wrong sandwiches, then.

Damn, gratz on 90.

In regards to the hunter that killed me...I am old and wife hit me with a cast iron skillet when I tried to take the last strawberry muffin from him. I cant remember anything except a "whoosing" sound and then something like a bell being rung.

Or better put, I will follow the advice of a great WW2 Sgt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJy_WgDVoo
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This thread should NOT fall off the first page. Bumping. Remember to request a sticky!
Reply Quote
56 Human Death Knight
This is a great post and a great help
when I first came to wow I rolled on a PvP server not knowing what to expect and all went well until winterspring...where I got ganked and camped badly and I mean camped..had not a clue on what to do...and there was no guild members who could help or any ally in general chat
I deleted the alt and rolled on to an RP server.......It is only now I feel confident to try PvP again and an RPPvP server seems the right place
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/05/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Sadsong
I deleted the alt

ISHYGDDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
For the love of The Light, if you're getting camped by somebody in Pandaria, DO NOT fly to a mountaintop to hearth if you get away. You'll just die up there and have to spirit rez at the GY. It never works. Trust me.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yeah...mountain tops are evil and usually keep the dead unless a healer wants to risk a long rez process and possibly dying along with the already dead...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
One other thing. You have to watch misc. AOE attacks. Arcane barrage for example. Of some dots. I have stepped in to help a few times and had to be very careful about things that are my normal rotation. As for my prot paladin, darn. His rotation has to change completely.

But it is fun to help out. Kind of like playing the origional Diablo with friendly fire enabled. Feels real. And if I get killed, ah well. That is part of the fun.

Makes me wish for the old time wall of fire.

Now, to bite the bullet and start tanking.

Until then, just need a good Nalak group.

;)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I think Hunters are close to the worst for accidental death. But it is probably the most embarrassing to kill someone by accident as a Mage. Especially a non AOE arcane spec.

Been a while and an expansion or two, but when I was working on Loremaster the second time I did have some embarrassing moments.

Not to mention alts dying to Hunters who appeared not to know I was even in the area.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
This thread should NOT fall off the first page. Bumping. Remember to request a sticky!

Ravenholdt: we may not be the most progressed in PvE or the most skilled in PvP, but we sure do know how to sticky our threads.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/16/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Cayreth

Ravenholdt: we may not be the most progressed in PvE or the most skilled in PvP, but we sure do know how to sticky our threads.

I support Cay's post here...in fact I am throwning my support to make this thread stick even more...cause after the Thunderbluff Olympics...my feet are real sticky from Gnome Goo...

/wipe's feet.
Edited by Bobcat on 5/17/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
05/16/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Cayreth

Except apparently not...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
how to sticky our threads.

Oh you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
One last comment. If you are an 85 and a level 90 archeologist waves at you, it is rather bad manners to start attempting to rain moonfire down on their head. Aside from the fact, that much to my surprise, a level 85 druid doesn't do net damage, you can interrupt their chat conversations.

But I've never understood druids.

Maybe they have an affront towards archeologists?

Anyway, flew off when I could not understand what they were saying, still perplexed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]