Wrathions 'legendary' questline

100 Pandaren Monk
am i the only one that feels that there is very very little about this quest line that one would call 'legendary' apart from how bland and boring it is?
spend weeks collecting x
spend weeks collecting y
spend weeks earning z
spend weeks collecting an updated version of x

-_-

why cant these 'tasks' be more fun /interesting like the Dominance Offensive story quests you put in in 5.1
those felt fun, told an interesting part of an unfolding story that made me want to see more and felt far more 'legendary' than the grocery list of junk that Wrathion is asking us to do over and over.
Edited by Leelasmonk on 4/6/2013 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Legendaries should be legendary and not just handed out to anyone who does cake-walk quests with a boring story.

The gems you get are nice, but legendary? Only in color.

I want a real legendary, which would be a drop with an extremely low drop rate.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
i don't care about the legendarys you get from his quest line.
what i care about is that the quests he gives you just aren't entertaining or fun in the slightest and for them to be such a "major" part of the pve / story side of things in MoP its pretty disappointing.

fun and entertainment is what games are about no?
Edited by Leelasmonk on 4/8/2013 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
The rewards thus far are hardly legendary. A gem that you outgrow, and an extra socket? Big whoop. I am unimpressed. He can fight his own damned battleground.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
/shrug

Most of it is just a side-quest, getting extra items while doing something else. Only the Change of Command was on its own (shades of AV and IoC boss fights).

I have no problem gathering stuffs for Wrathion and getting little bonus doodads along the way. Interesting story...kinda.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Totally agree with you Leela, mind numbingly boring. Has to be one of the largest gather quest in all of WoW history. I don't really enjoy running LFR raids more than a couple times . But having to go back week after week for almost an entire year, is a serious lack of creativity on the developers part. Its a terrible argument to say that, "it shouldn't be easy to attain the legendary cloak" what's not easy about floating through a raid and being accompanied by an entire raid party helping you attain quest items ? If anything it was just expensive, its really the only reason I kept my sub renewed.

Absolutely nothing legendary, adventurous, or enticing about the Wrathion "Legendary" quest chain.
Edited by Comodore on 8/22/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
so did u forget about the solo senario parts of the quest it had ? but yes when a legendary is made for every one to do easy makes them bad if ur just talking about the pick up x amount of items for the quest then ur so playing the rong game wow always been that way :P
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I think the stupidest part of this entire quest line is having to pvp. Id rather collect items, than pvp.

Pointless, for someone who does not pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have to wonder how many people will end up quitting this game because of this legendary quest. I am currently running taking my second character through - on the pvp stuff now and spending 6 months on a quest is a LOT of time. Some people complain about certain aspects being too easy, however, having people spend that amount of time on a quest results in certain expectations and the main one is that they will actually get some major reward at the end of all this.

I have to wonder what that final quest is going to be like, considering people with LFR gear will now be almost 40 item lvls below someone with heroic gear. Sort of ironic the people who are associated with the least amount of skills are the ones who actually have to be the most skilled to be completing these solo quests because their gear is so far behind.

p.s and yes this pvp stuff probably wasn't a good idea either - people have been spending days trying for a win in these bgs. 14 or so loses and no wins doesn't encourage anyone to want to ever pvp again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I have to wonder how many people will end up quitting this game because of this legendary quest. I am currently running taking my second character through - on the pvp stuff now and spending 6 months on a quest is a LOT of time. Some people complain about certain aspects being too easy, however, having people spend that amount of time on a quest results in certain expectations and the main one is that they will actually get some major reward at the end of all this.

I have to wonder what that final quest is going to be like, considering people with LFR gear will now be almost 40 item lvls below someone with heroic gear. Sort of ironic the people who are associated with the least amount of skills are the ones who actually have to be the most skilled to be completing these solo quests because their gear is so far behind.

p.s and yes this pvp stuff probably wasn't a good idea either - people have been spending days trying for a win in these bgs. 14 or so loses and no wins doesn't encourage anyone to want to ever pvp again.

Those who play this game for easy peasy gimmehs, may quit over this. They also threaten to quit over LFR gear drops, being ganked a few times or not being able to ride unicorns or eat Tauren beef. People are weird.

14 losses may be a lot but you can keep requeueing all day and night, every day. Not quite as bad as some doodad dropping once a week for 12 weeks. Or valor to 6000 (I did it way back then). And the 14 sigils of this and 9 of the other for weeks.

Stop complaining, it's a legendary. Just do it or don't.

Try Open Raid for premade groups for this. There are others doing it then somewhere there's a group for you to join.

ps. The purely LFR people don't *need* the cloak for any reason right now. Next patch with some world boss, maybe. But by then, your gear should be "better" and other factors will come into play.
Edited by Vixie on 8/26/2013 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Yes boring at times but meh... Still worth it for the boost you get.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You have to understand Blizzard's thinking behind this quest line.

See, apparently there are a small number of people who used to subscribe for a month each time a patch came out. Then they would unsubscribe until the next patch came out. So if 5.0 came out last October they'd subscribe for october, then cancel until 5.1 came out in whenever it came out, and keep going like this.

Blizzard depends upon people subscribing to make money. So they thought long and hard and said 'We could make more interesting content that people want to keep coming back to. We could release new content that is interesting more frequently. OR we could make people do boring collection quests that require them to log in every single week for many months on end.'

They went with option 3. It is basically a pay to win system: 'you pay for enough months of subscription and you get your legendary items.' The difference is other games let you buy legendary items straight from their store rather than making you run boring collection quests. So this is a pay to win that is neither honest nor does it really let you 'win' when you pay for it. Instead it is a 'pay to win in six or ten months after doing lots of boring work as well' kind of situation.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
So what it really did is force people to do something over and over until it becomes violently annoying. Notice that subs keep going down as people realize that Blizz has decided to gate content behind irritating grinds, which literally can take many months to complete and drive people out the door

Doing the whole tot lfr and getting exactly one secret - the one which they now give you from lei shen - is disgusting.
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
I am banging against a brick wall the thunderforge solo scenario. That quest sucks as a healer with no heal over time spells. I keep trying though and am getting better at it. I think Blizzard should rethink that part of the quest. Very frustrating.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
so did u forget about the solo senario parts of the quest it had ? but yes when a legendary is made for every one to do easy makes them bad if ur just talking about the pick up x amount of items for the quest then ur so playing the rong game wow always been that way :P
Last I read only 10 percent of the players have the cloak so I guess it's not that easy after all. Also, you need to work on your typing/spelling.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I am banging against a brick wall the thunderforge solo scenario. That quest sucks as a healer with no heal over time spells. I keep trying though and am getting better at it. I think Blizzard should rethink that part of the quest. Very frustrating.
Yup. As a healer, I have not been able to do the scenario. I expect I'll get it after 5.4 has been out for awhile or during the next expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]