Wrestlemania 29

90 Human Warrior
Yes, it's scripted like almost anything on television. NOW THAT WE HAVE THAT OUT OF THE WAY

I can't be the only WoW player that still enjoys wrestling no matter how stupid and boring some storylines can get. WWE right now has one of the best rosters but are always the victim of having bad writers for their wrestlers. Anywho, tonight is the night!

I am looking forward to CM Punk ending the Undertaker's streak because it needs to be broken. And what better individual than a true, real wrestling God like CM Punk. Taker's getting old anyway and I can only imagine that he has one more match after this one left in his tank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I see like most Warriors, intellect isn't your strongest stat.

21-0.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No king rules forever

20-1
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Once in a lifetime

Owait
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No king rules forever

20-1

Lemme guess, you thought "This time he'll lose" each year for the past 5 years? ¬_¬

21-0.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Been a WWE "fan" for 15 years, and I've never been less excited about a Wrestlemania.

I can't even be bothered to watch it for free.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Been a WWE "fan" for 15 years, and I've never been less excited about a Wrestlemania.

You're not missing much. I feel bad for anyone who spent 60 bucks on this. And if CM Punk would defeat Undertaker then I'd probably just facepalm fairly hard. This is one of the few times the good guy -should- just annihilate the bad guy.
Edited by Meleagant on 4/7/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This years card was kind of meh, and I didn't get the ppv. It was just too predictable. When I read the card and was like "he will win..he will win..." and go to wwe.com to see I was 90% right...

And also the rock-cena match was so bad last year, why subject myself to the pain twice? Those two had very little in ring chemistry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The streak lives on!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No king rules forever

20-1

Lemme guess, you thought "This time he'll lose" each year for the past 5 years? ¬_¬

21-0.

God no. The last person I felt had momentum to end the streak was Orton in 2005. It would've been fitting since he had the legend killer gimmick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

You're not missing much. I feel bad for anyone who spent 60 bucks on this. And if CM Punk would defeat Undertaker then I'd probably just facepalm fairly hard. This is one of the few times the good guy -should- just annihilate the bad guy.

You're kidding. CM Punk deserved to end the streak just by how good he is. Whatever, the match was the best thing of the night. The rest was boring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The undertaker wont lose ever because its an easy gimmick to write for. He gets to wrestle once a year at his advanced age and wear and tear and still sell. It gives other wrestlers who are over a chance to generate some heat and job for him.

When he retires and goes into their hall of fame it will be with the whole streak intact.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/07/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Metagear
CM Punk deserved to end the streak just by how good he is.

Nope.

I like Punk, but he did not "deserve to win" it at all.

Hell, they didn't even have a storyline planned... they just resorted to exploiting Moody's death.

You are indeed the 1, Punk, the 1 in 21-0.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
You're kidding. CM Punk deserved to end the streak just by how good he is. Whatever, the match was the best thing of the night. The rest was boring.

I can write an entire page on why CM Punk is the most internet-overrated wrestler of all time and I still wouldn't have enough space to finish.

Nope.

Hell, they didn't even have a storyline planned... they just resorted to exploiting Moody's death.

Agreed. Had that terrible circumstance not come up we would have had weeks of Punk doing his tired Best in the World nonsense. I'm surprised they even decided to go through using that as a storyline after Kane laid CM Punk out the night it started.

Also - Not happy Brock lost. Everything else was meaningless.
Edited by Meleagant on 4/8/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Was pretty disappointed in the show overall. Punk and Taker had a good match but the rest was just slow and kind of awkward. Even the Brock-HHH match had no pacing to it. It was just like they were calling random !@# spots on the fly.

The undertaker wont lose ever because its an easy gimmick to write for. He gets to wrestle once a year at his advanced age and wear and tear and still sell. It gives other wrestlers who are over a chance to generate some heat and job for him.

When he retires and goes into their hall of fame it will be with the whole streak intact.

Undertaker will lose at Mania. He's a long time veteran of the business who knows what the streak can do for an up and comers career. The streak when he retires ceases to become an attraction and becomes less meaningful until it's HoF induction time. But he could use the streak to catapult someone to the top of the company for years to come.

It'll end. But Undertaker will likely hand pick who does it. The saying that's been brought up many times in interviews is that when it's time to retire, you go out on your back just like the ones who did so for you. It's talked about like a wrestling code of honor.
Edited by Bullettime on 4/8/2013 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
#21-0 buddy...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/08/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Meleagant

I can write an entire page on why CM Punk is the most internet-overrated wrestler of all time and I still wouldn't have enough space to finish.

Nope.

Agreed. Had that terrible circumstance not come up we would have had weeks of Punk doing his tired Best in the World nonsense. I'm surprised they even decided to go through using that as a storyline after Kane laid CM Punk out the night it started.

I am a CM Punk fan, but I think he makes a horrible horrible heel. It feels forced and manufactured, while his anti-hero face role came off as much more organic and natural with his feuds against laurenitis and Jericho. I remember when he first turned his attempts at getting cheap heat were just...painful. I wanted to tell the guy "dude, stop, you're trying too hard."

Even though, having heel cm punk and john cena in a cheap heat/pop faceoff would be amusing to watch. Only guy better at it is the rock. That man is a cheap pop genius.
Edited by Dreagan on 4/8/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/08/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Bullettime
Undertaker will lose at Mania. He's a long time veteran of the business who knows what the streak can do for an up and comers career. The streak when he retires ceases to become an attraction and becomes less meaningful until it's HoF induction time. But he could use the streak to catapult someone to the top of the company for years to come.

No, no it wouldn't.

1) The guy would be instantly hated by every fan of Taker.

2) Who says the new guy would be worth it? He could be terrible, or his gimmick could die before it takes off.

It would be a waste, & for that reason the streak should stay unbeaten.

I agree. HHH already "gave up his career" long ago, so why let him win? Also, yet another botched HHH entrance at Mania.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I agree. HHH already "gave up his career" long ago, so why let him win? Also, yet another botched HHH entrance at Mania.

Oh sheesh I saw that, and the moron got second degree burns I believe for it.

It's a shame I don't have more people to talk wrestling with on WoW. I would have loved to get a Fandango hum-a-long going on RiD or a chat channel!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]