Looking for Heroics! (DPS)

100 Draenei Shaman
Hi!

I play an Enhancement Shaman (As of the time of this post) 512 item level.
(Enhance currently sims as the top DPS spec available to Shamans.)
Currently I can burst over 550-600k DPS and can sustain around 150-200k
(Depending on the fight movement, and raid composition)
Due to my late start in Pandarian content, and some other unfortunate events,
I have not been able to explore heroic content. I have cleared all raids (except ToT)
multiple times, and I would love some heroic kill stats.
Our guild is currently focusing only on ToT prog and I would love the opportunity
to join a decent team on the side for achievements. There is not much I would need from the raids so there should befor no real concern for loot conservation.
Please send me a message in-game with your information.

Some light character history:

I have been on Anvilmar since the first year it was out.
I had played a Tauren Shaman tank originally,
and when TBC came out (bringing with it the death of the best tanking class ever),
I tried the Elemental spec, but decided that the RDPS playstyle was just not for me.
In WotLK, I switched to the Alliance (much to the dismay of my girlfriend and
my former guild mates) to have a better opportunity to explore heroic ICC content.
Since Wrath I have been one of the best damage dealing shamans on the server, and
I am currently the top geared Enhancement Shaman (& 3rd-4th DPS Shaman)
on our server. I have great love for the class and continue to improve my playstyle.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
*should be no need for concern over loot conservation.
(Sorry for the typo! Dang smartphones! Haha)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I would also like to note that I have no issues with joining guild heroic progression raids.
(And thank you for the offers, but I have come to respect , and care a great deal about my guild, and the amazing and friendly people I play with, so at this time I cannot accept any guild invites.)
If you would like me to come along with you on your adventures please give me a couple of days advance notice (my schedule can get kind of full helping friends).
French Showers (My Guild<3) Raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
from 6pm-9pm Server Time so I will be unavailable during those hours. (Sorry!)
Reply Quote
I don't get it. How can you have a "team on the side" to raid with? Most teams won't even take you unless you fully commit to them, or have an alt. In addition, if you even touch a heroic lockout (which is unlikely, seeing as this point, only 3 guilds have access to them), you'd be screwed for the rest of the week for raiding with French.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
@Asmo:
I was under the impression that heroic lockouts only affected the raids you be accepting a lock for? (I.E. if I took a heroic MSV save, it would have no effect on me being able to raid in Throne of Thunder.) Since we only raid 3 days a week from 6-9 server and are currently focusing solely on Throne progression & a majority of core members rarely play outside of raid times, we don't do any of the older content as a guild.
Reply Quote
we don't do any of the older content as a guild.

Neither does anyone else except Ether when they sell runs. They do it off Openraid. Only reason to do old content is to farm gear for ToT.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I don't know what your experience with openraid.us has been, but I have been picked up for a couple raids that were (to say the least) not all they were cracked up to be (one time I was doing top damage and was booted because "____" the guildy came online, and they wanted to gear him). I would rather play with people that hold some sort of accountability.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't mind being part of a group of people to do T14 heroics as long as it was with people that could actually clear the place. Don't want to be part of someones progression. All of the T14 heroics are pretty easy and with the 10% nerf they are even easier now.

If you find a decent group and need a healer let me know. Already have the meta from t14 but could use some gear on this toon since i main swapped.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm up for it when I can which would be mainly mondays and some fridays. You know how to find me. ; )
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Hey Jal. We run an alt run of the older raids on some Sunday nights, and if we ever find ourselves short a man, I already have you on battle tag, so I'll definitely hit you.

Jal's DPS is very respectable, btw. His boasts are not undue.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
You know, that is supposed to say hit you up. I'll stick with it though.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
04/08/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Sadiemay
I wouldn't mind being part of a group of people to do T14 heroics as long as it was with people that could actually clear the place. Don't want to be part of someones progression.

There is no doubt that for at least some people it will be semi-progression. I submit, though, that it will still be incredibly easier (regardless of the nerf) because of people's 522/502 gear. While a lot of the guilds on Anvilmar have not experienced the heroic content, FS (mainly due to attendance/gearing issues earlier on, and some issues within the guild that have been resolved) has never attempted heroic content out of respect to the extended absence some very important people to our guild. Unfortunately all our our issues had been resolved... the week before Throne came out (hahaha). There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we could murder this content, but, unfortunately, we cannot staff a full raid on the days that are not our set raid days. I am going to start trying to get people to commit to heroic content, and see if I can't set up a competent raid team/comp.

If anyone else would be interested (esp. people with experience that need to gear or get meta achievements/titles on decent alts), please let me know on this thread or via the in-game mailing system.

(Also: An endorsement from Ez? Made my week <3)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I've run with Jalkait plenty of times and will say he is a great personality and a great player. Thank you Jalkait!

As for Openraid.us - It rocks!! I have only experienced 2 or 3 runs that were not worth my time, otherwise I have nothing negative to say about it!! Give it a shot!! Don't be skerrrd lol ;D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
As someone who has had extensive experience with the Enhancement Shaman spec considering it was main spec for years until I switched to Prot Paladin then Mage I can say that Jalkait does know what hes doing and he plays the class efficiently.

(My name is Akris and I approved this message)
Edited by Akrisa on 4/15/2013 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/15/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Akrisa

I don't approve of your approving
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/15/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Klaire

I approve of you not approving his approving
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

I approve of you not approving his approving

Sadly I don't approve of your approval of him not approving my approval notice for my personal opinion of approval in said players posts that turned into an approval thread of his skils to prove that he does have the ability.

This is what happens when you don't sleep for over 30 hours
Edited by Akrisa on 4/16/2013 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
All these approvals and he's 6/12 reg. How bout offering to finally take him instead of just approving? I'm sure he'd rather see that. Goes to everyone out there, really.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
All these approvals and he's 6/12 reg. How bout offering to finally take him instead of just approving? I'm sure he'd rather see that. Goes to everyone out there, really.

Back when I interviewed players for raiding I never ever took into consideration a persons progression as proof of their skill set. A progression is a team effort, basically your only as strong as your weakest link and I know many players, even on this server who I deem can play at a heroic level but still play in a normal raiding guild. To me the proof of ones abilities lies in parses with up times, cd management and so on than ones personal guild performance. Some of the best players I have seen recruited had little or no heroic experience which is good too because you am mold them how you want them to approach a heroic based fight.

That being said and I told him this too is while guilds look for players most of someone wanting to be accepted to a raiding guild is on person himself to apply to a guild and not just a Lfr post. Not only does this show iniative but I prevents the concept of guild poaching. So if I would suggest something I would recommend applying for a raid team. I don't know about ethers and availed current situation but sadly I know we are not recruiting at his time
Edited by Akrisa on 4/16/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/16/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Akrisa
approval

If only patrix were here for final approval.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]