Sacrifice Stupid Button

90 Human Priest
So normally I'm pretty lucky and get decent groups of people when I que in LFD for the free Valor for the day, and normally I don't even say much in chat just there to get my job done. The other day however this guy kept pulling aggro off of the tank, so I stopped healing him and let him die. Then I said, "Please let the tank, tank and not pull off his aggro and you won't die :D"

This guy went off and calling me retard and I countered basically all of his insults (probably shouldnt have). So we get to the Sha outside part of SPM. He immediately jumps into the middle of a group with tank not even close to pulling. So i let him die. He comes back in as we are downing the group he pulled, grabs the rest of the entire area. we wipe but before he dies he sends me a brez (didnt look to see who it was from also didnt realize he was still in combat) Took it died again. He loved this of course it is at this point I told him I'm over it and want my free valor before raid time.

Him and tank leave. I apologized to the DPS that remained and asked if I was being unreasonable because it made me feel toxic because of all the drama, they said I wasn't being crazy. We finished the run very quickly thereafter.

Now this made me realize that healers should have a Sacrifice Stupid button which let's you Sacrifice the player who either holds aggro majority of the time or who pulls first. Now what this would do is give everyone a shield that was modeled after that persons corpse or something. This is my solution :)
Edited by Pastaq on 4/8/2013 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A sacrifice button is not necessary and is quite frankly a stupid idea. It would end up being yet another way for annoying players to grief others.

You ask the player to be mindful of their aggro and if they won't you initiate a kick vote. If the group agrees the individual will be removed.

A non-tank holding avoidable aggro is not a priority to heal unless they're performing a duty needed for the fight, such as kiting. Part of their job as dps is to keep their aggro under control because they don't have the avoidance and mitigation necessary to survive continuous beatings. Grabbing aggro is just as bad as standing in fire. It's avoidable damage and when not avoided is a mana and time drain on healers. The healer needs to do what is necessary to ensure they have the mana and global cooldowns necessary to keep the tank up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
See though if it was set to run off of aggro numbers though the only person that could be grieved is tank. Not that it was a serious solution anyway. I realize the responsibility of DPS i have a 90 lock that I've raided with for awhile. More of just a rant about how one guy was an unbelievable jerk about something I thought was understood.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
You're a priest....stand in bad until you're almost dead, then use the tools you have to kill the offender...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You're a priest....stand in bad until you're almost dead, then use the tools you have to kill the offender...

no plz, we don't want void shift gutted
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
"I countered basically all of his insults" - no, you didn't.
Reply Quote

I Life Gripped one of my fellow healers in Throne of Thunder into the big floating adds in Horridon trash, sent him flying off the platform to his death. It was glorious.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I guess I'm just of a different mindset. Assuming I can handle the healing, I really don't care who has aggro. Keep in mind, the problem may not even been the dps. I've seen a couple tanks that couldn't keep aggro no matter what. Now having said that, if we're in a situation where I have to choose who to heal, the tank will usually get the heal first.
Reply Quote
The fact that you stopped healing him just because he pulled aggro off the tank IS pretty unreasonable.

If you can heal through the damage there's no reason to not do it. You were being lazy.

I'm gonna have to side with the DPS on this one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If the dps chooses to ignore aggro, then you can choose to ignore healing them imo. Not that healing stupid or any 5m in general is hard anymore, but you still have that choice. Gotta deal with the reprocusions, though...
Reply Quote
Not that healing stupid or any 5m in general is hard anymore

This is why it's completely unreasonable
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Geefers
Not that healing stupid or any 5m in general is hard anymore

This is why it's completely unreasonable

Don't get me wrong, I heal all the things all the time. No windowlicker will die on my watch.

However, like I said, it is their choice. The dps made a choice not to let the tank get aggro (or in the case, he decided to pull the group on his own). No one forced the dps to be retarded. In the same vein, the healer also has their own choice on whether or not to heal them. It is no longer a principle of "can I do it" but a question of "do I feel like covering for this chump?"

*edit*Main reason I personally choose to just heal them through it is because I'd rather not have to wait on them to run back or res after combat.
Edited by Glorÿ on 4/12/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess what I really mean is that it's unreasonable to not heal someone simply because they pulled aggro from the tank on accident. If some moron runs into a group of adds simply to grief then he sure as !@#$ isn't getting any heals.

And I completely agree with that last part.

edit:
The other day however this guy kept pulling aggro off of the tank, so I stopped healing him and let him die.

That's what I think makes the OP lazy. Pulling off the tank and pulling a group by yourself are different things, obviously
Edited by Geefers on 4/12/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I didn't even have a chance to be lazy actually he pulled aggro off boss and got like 2 shotted and as I wasnt really pumping out heals cause it is a 5 man he died. At which point I asked him not to pull aggro then he went of then pulled mobs in the next area on his own. If he could have actually tanked it and waited on everyone else wouldve healed him or if he wasn't going off and telling me how incompetent I am. Normally I wouldnt even sweat someone being an !@# in 5 mans but this guy really just irritated me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]