Why no Pandaren Death Knights?

100 Night Elf Death Knight
Some people say its because it doesn't fit with the lore, because the Pandaren were all on their turtle or continent. But most who have played Warcraft 3 would know that their were pandaren all over Azeroth, in Icecrown even. Yes, most were feral, but the Worgen were too, and they got to be Death Knights. Some think it's because of game mechanics, that they wouldn't be able to add a faction choice to the Death Knight questline without messing with the other races. Those who played the MoP Beta and started a 85 Pandaren would have gotten a faction selection box just before finishing the character creation. So, if not a Lore problem, and not a mechanics problem, then what reason is there for us not to have Pandaren Death Knights?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
But most who have played Warcraft 3 would know that their were pandaren all over Azeroth, in Icecrown even

Er, I don't know what lore you've been looking at, but pandaren were not 'all-over' azeroth. To see one in person was INCREDIBLY rare. The likelyhood that you would find one on Kalimdor or EK that had enough martial skill to be considered worthy of being a Death Knight was almost nil.

Worgen got to be deathknights because they came from EK, not northrend. They were gilnean heroes, who got turned into worgen and became feral. When raised as DK's, their feral nature was overridden by the Lich King's mind control, meaning that once they were freed, it was almost as if they had never lost their minds in the first place.

As for the Pandaren in Icecrown? I believe those got retconned as furblogs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/08/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Karaahl
But most who have played Warcraft 3 would know that their were pandaren all over Azeroth, in Icecrown even

Er, I don't know what lore you've been looking at, but pandaren were not 'all-over' azeroth. To see one in person was INCREDIBLY rare. The likelyhood that you would find one on Kalimdor or EK that had enough martial skill to be considered worthy of being a Death Knight was almost nil.

Worgen got to be deathknights because they came from EK, not northrend. They were gilnean heroes, who got turned into worgen and became feral. When raised as DK's, their feral nature was overridden by the Lich King's mind control, meaning that once they were freed, it was almost as if they had never lost their minds in the first place.

As for the Pandaren in Icecrown? I believe those got retconned as furblogs.

Incorrect. Worgen DKs are actually from Arugal's bunch.

I feel like auto-correct made this a potentially sexist post...
Edited by Tharvik on 4/8/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
They could just let Pandas be Death Knights and call them Sha Touched or something. Not really much difference.

Not sure if stupid or trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You're stupid pachydork
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
On topic, the reason why they can't be Death Knights is because we're too awesome for them.

You're stupid pachydork

Nobody makes fun of Pachy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Er, I don't know what lore you've been looking at, but pandaren were not 'all-over' azeroth. To see one in person was INCREDIBLY rare.
There were the Brewmasters from taverns, and even Chen Stormstout himself if I remember correctly, they were all over Azeroth.
They could just let Pandas be Death Knights and call them Sha Touched or something. Not really much difference.
Actually, there is a large difference, Death Knights are the dead who have been chosen by the Lich King to be revived and granted power similar to his own. Sha energy is emotion given a physical form, therefore it does not affect the dead, as the dead do not have emotion, and the Sha do not serve the Lich King, so the questline would not make any sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
fatties dont make good death knights
Reply Quote
no u

Your mother

Nobody makes fun of Pachy.

I just did

fatties dont make good death knights

*points*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I just did

The assassins will be at your home momentarily, don't look out your window.

Do the Sha summon zombies?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/09/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Therantris
Er, I don't know what lore you've been looking at, but pandaren were not 'all-over' azeroth. To see one in person was INCREDIBLY rare.
There were the Brewmasters from taverns, and even Chen Stormstout himself if I remember correctly, they were all over Azeroth.
source on this? pre mop ive never seen a single pandaren ever bar chen stormstout in wc3
lorewise its been explained that the other races havent seen pandaren around for a long time hence the suprise of seeing bearlike creatures upon arrival to pandaria

there simply arent enough pandaren in kalimdor or eastern kingdoms for blizz to say oh yeah panda dks can exist.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Worgen DKs are not wild ones from NO WHERE. Blizzard has stated (And the DK starter quests) state that Worgen DKs are Worgen whom escaped from Shadowfang Keep.

Pandas in Warcraft III were a frigging easter egg, and even lore wise were SO rare in Azeroth that it isn't even funny.

Also:
Pandas are !@#$ing stupid.
Edited by Selsix on 4/9/2013 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Troll Death Knight
I'd totally rock a fem panda.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'd totally rock a fem panda.

You would.
Reply Quote
56 Troll Death Knight
You would.
|

They're total qt3.14.
Reply Quote
If a worgen has fleas, and dies and is resurrected as a death knight, do the fleas become undead fleas too?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
If a worgen has fleas, and dies and is resurrected as a death knight, do the fleas become undead fleas too?
depends if the fleas died too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]