Will Nazgrim Die?

100 Human Hunter
Nazgrim and Taylor fight they get a short conversation and then call a truce

Not bad for an Orc

Ha! you are one to speak

....Friends?

Yea Friends :)

and then they team up to help the raid to bring down Garrosh in the most cheesy and worthless way. Everyone groans and whines and moves on hoping to never see either character ever again...except the fangirls that end up flooding forum after forum with horrible fanfics that make even the old gods cry in pain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Personally, I see Nazgrim being something like the Heroes in Trial of the Crusader. Maybe the Horde will fight him, or the Alliance, and the other faction may have to fight Taylor, or some other hero who is temporarily blinded by, possibly a Seventh Sha(Since that seems to be a popular theory).

All in all, if he is a raid boss, I see it being more of a "Get him to such and such percent to knock him out of his funk", at which point he'll end up showing up in the final conflict and giving aid, much like Calen did for Sinestra(Even though we didn't fight him).

As for him being Warchief, its a good possibility, he is Hellscream's Right Hand Man, and the General of the Horde(Hellscream held that rank, remember?), so maybe we'll see him get more character depth, and even hesitantly become Warchief.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just throwing this in here, Baine Bloodhoof says that he trusts Nazgrim to be discrete when giving the player information at domination point
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/10/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Banescream
However Baine Bloodhoof would be the best choice, avenging his father and everyone respects him greatly even the Alliance.

Baine is a terrible choice for Warchief. He has the resolve and courage of a rabbit facing a wolf.

Baine is a pacifist, not a coward.

He will always give peace a chance, but he is not afraid to act when there is no other choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFoiibyde_Q
...and he can be quite a badass when that time comes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I hope not, I like Nazgrim quite a bit, he's an "Everyman Orc"

He doesn't seem to be as loyal to Garrosh, as he is the Horde in General, keep in mind his short bit about Conqueror Krenna, back in Grizzly Hills, or all the sighing he did about Garrosh's orders for Pandaria. I think once it becomes crystal clear (I'm guessing the time between 5.3-5.4) He will see that Garrosh's values don't exactly line up with Those of the Horde

As for Warchief Nazgrim, it'd be completely unexpected, but I don't think the guy honestly has the initiative to lead. Warchief Baine? God I hope not, that'd be almost as embarrasing as Warchief Vol'Jin or Lor'themar. Personally I was hoping for Warchief Varok Saurfang, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.
Edited by Wildbery on 4/19/2013 3:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nazgrim is in Warcraft since a long time now. He could be a good leader for the horde.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I was picturing something like, you go into Grommash hold (or wherever the final facedown will be) and we see Nazgrim either get killed or dead as we enter. Just for the little touch of detail and drama.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Blizzard will just recycle the wrathgate cinematic. Taylor fighting waves of Kor'kron. Nazgrim jumps on a wolf, yell's "For the Horde!" and cleaves a couple Kor'kron. Then they confront Garrosh. Nazgrim charges him and gets killed and Taylor says "You will pay for all the lives you've taken, !@#$%^!" Garrosh chuckles and then they look up and see Inferno's raining down from the Sky. One land's on Garrosh and that is the start to the next Burning Legion expansion.
Trust me, I know this is a genius idea.

Really though, I don't see Nazgrim dying. I see him playing a major role in the raid though but on the rebellion side. Nazgrim is loyal to whoever the warchief is but I think we are going to see him snap in 5.4 and he will join the rebellion. He is a Horde Loyalist and I think he will see Garrosh is no longer thinking for the Horde (Not that he has in a long time) and switch to the side that is.

Nazgrim for Warchief!
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Mage
I hope so. I'm waiting for Blizz to kill off some Horde fan-favorites as payback for the ****job they did to us since Cataclysm. Was hoping it would be Vol'jin but that is unlikely so Nazgrim next I say!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I like Taylor. He reminds me of the nameless "captain" from WC 3. So I can understand hordies liking Nazgrim. Even on my horde characters, I was never really sold on him, but that's just personal taste.

To the above poster-

Trashing horde stuff isn't going to make us feel better about the garbage Alliance fans put up with in Cata. The way to heal that wound is to do GOOD things for the Alliance. The Alliance needs to feel like the Horde's equal, that a battle could go either way. That's why they haven't given us a fist pump. Everything is mirrored, mitigated, or pyrrhic.

The Alliance needs a straight up decisive, unanswered victory over an aware, equipped, viable, militarized horde force. It doesn't have to have any impact on Horde players. Because it isn't about horde players. It is about the Alliance, and Alliance players having pride in their faction when stacked up against their rival.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Rogue
I hope not. I've watched most of that orc's military career (remember when he was Sergeant Nazgrim in Grizzly Hills?) I don't want my buddy to die.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Nazgrim and Taylor fight they get a short conversation and then call a truce

Not bad for an Orc

Ha! you are one to speak

....Friends?

Yea Friends :)

and then they team up to help the raid to bring down Garrosh in the most cheesy and worthless way. Everyone groans and whines and moves on hoping to never see either character ever again...except the fangirls that end up flooding forum after forum with horrible fanfics that make even the old gods cry in pain.

While I don't dislike the general idea, I feel the need to point out that Nazgrim would gouge his own eyes out before he ever used a smiley emoticon.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The Alliance needs a straight up decisive, unanswered victory over an aware, equipped, viable, militarized horde force. It doesn't have to have any impact on Horde players. Because it isn't about horde players. It is about the Alliance, and Alliance players having pride in their faction when stacked up against their rival.

Does either side ever get that kind of a victory in game? The only staight up win like that I can think of off the top of my head is in ALP, which has other issues.

Usually it's more like Western Plaguelands, where the two sides have similar arcs but then Horde "wins" due to a Deus Ex, or the reverse in Swamp of Sorrows.

Even Silverpine, which is shaping up for a climactic battle, finishes with Sylvanas's little stratagem instead.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Its kind of hard to say if he will be a boss or side with us, since hes been along side Garrosh ever since he was added into the game back in WOTLK. Nazgrim did show signs of crazyness just like Garrosh, like when he threatened Anduins life in Jade Forrest.
I think it would be kind of lame if Nazgrim was the Warchief...just because he was only introduced into the game in WoTLK.
I hope he sides with us, but he just remains a General...maybe promote him to High Warlord or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]