Healing Stream Totem tooltip error

Aparently the solution to shaman spread healing is to just double the output of healing stream totem (getting buffed to 83.3% of Spell Power, up from 31 + 42.6% of Spell Power).

Buff is from latest ptr notes.

If the change goes through will it be enough to compensate resto?

Will it push resto into the over-powered zone in pvp (some may argue we're already there)?

Will it make Call of the elements a mandatory talent?

Will it change the usefullness of the totemic recall glyph? (i.e. Will recalling the totem be worth it still?)

I'm thankfull for buffs, but the change raises a lot of interesting questions.

Edit: just a tooltip fix
Edited by Bipst on 4/9/2013 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/09/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Bipst
If the change goes through will it be enough to compensate resto?

Sure goes a long way. Not fun or exciting in a passive heal. Will make 2 set higher priority for sure.

Will it make Call of the elements a mandatory talent?

Have been and will continue using this. Not just for HST but also for Stone bulwark.

Will it change the usefullness of the totemic recall glyph?

Do you need the mana?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Will it push resto into the over-powered zone in pvp (some may argue we're already there)?

Totem dies in a split second if the other side sees it. :P

As for the rest, I'm not entirely certain. I mean, it'll certainly be helpful, but just how helpful remains to be seen.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
This change would make Shaman stupidly strong in low-end PvP, but would do nothing for high-end. It does help PvE a lot but I just can't imagine my HST healing for 200k crits, I feel it's a data-mining bug and we're looking at more of a roughly ~10% buff to HST or tooltip fix.
Edited by Sensations on 4/9/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Lazy fixes are lazy.

edit: it amazes me how little effort they put into resto shaman.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/9/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Lazy fixes are lazy.

"We've fixed your spread healing issue, quit whining ok??"
Reply Quote
Totem dies in a split second if the other side sees it. :P

Last time I checked, all totems are getting 10% of our HP baseline in 5.3 and they receive our resilience since 5.2, I think. It might lead to some qq since the PvP community is like that even when a FoF-Ice lance should still kill it.

I do wish they put good effort on our changes just like there was on the Disc priest changes for 5.2. Doubling the SP coeficient seems to much, so I do think there might be some datamining error there. Still, why can't they just buff the HoT component of RT to make glyph of RT viable? :l

Lazy fixes are lazy.

"We've fixed your spread healing issue, quit whining ok??"

Sad but true. I kinda miss my old party-healing HST, even if it was limited to my group only (yay 10m!).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Sad but true. I kinda miss my old party-healing HST, even if it was limited to my group only (yay 10m!).

Yeah i am not playing my shaman anymore due to RL and time commitment but still it bothers me. I never wanted buffs, well besides the CH one because it was terrible. Would just be nice to get some QoL changes for the class.

The more i think about the class design and direction the more it annoys me.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I think this is a great way to fix spread healing without unbalancing pvp. Not a nuanced solution; a bit 'mallet on watermelon' for me but it gets the job done.

If you can't take an auto attack to kill the totem in pvp then you deserve to lose.

To answer your questions; Yes, I think we will all want 2 back to back HST every couple minute moving forward. But that's what a lot of us have been using anyway.

I do think I will be dropping the totemic recall glyph though. That last tick is just too good. I may have to gem a bit more spirit to compensate. Np.

It may even make it worth getting 3764 haste (with AS) for the extra tick in spite of the haste bug.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
In another thread, Ellarix reminded me about the Tier 15 two piece bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
This seems a little op.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
GC seems to indicate that this is not a buff. It's a tooltip correction.

Hi! It's data mining time again. We fixed a lot of tooltip bugs so chances are anything not in the patch notes isn't a real buff or nerf.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Apparently it isn't a buff - it is a tooltip correction. Might want to ditch the topic or edit the post / title.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/321721887828893697
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]