Low Mastery Problem

90 Night Elf Druid
Hello, after reforging my recently acquired weapon, I noticed that my mastery seems kind of low. In the armory it shows I have 3585 mastery. I of course prioritize Spirit and the Haste breakpoint over other stats, but after that it's Mastery all the way. I am wondering if this is an acceptable amount at my gear level. I've seen other druids who have around 2k more than me like http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Craixx/simple , but I am not sure whether it's me doing something wrong or just my gear. Is the problem just that my gear happens to have so little Haste on it that I have to give up some Mastery, so I can't really do much about it? I've considered reforging out of Spirit to get some extra, but I've seen many people who say that is a big no no. Any tips from some experienced healers?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hello, after reforging my recently acquired weapon, I noticed that my mastery seems kind of low. In the armory it shows I have 3585 mastery. I of course prioritize Spirit and the Haste breakpoint over other stats, but after that it's Mastery all the way. I am wondering if this is an acceptable amount at my gear level. I've seen other druids who have around 2k more than me like http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Craixx/simple , but I am not sure whether it's me doing something wrong or just my gear. Is the problem just that my gear happens to have so little Haste on it that I have to give up some Mastery, so I can't really do much about it? I've considered reforging out of Spirit to get some extra, but I've seen many people who say that is a big no no. Any tips from some experienced healers?

The guy you linked to doesn't even have a close value in terms of mastery as I have on top of being in a 25m guild that doesn't typically rate mastery as high as spirit. And he's not raiding with their main team.

But you must keep in mind that mastery levels are gear dependent. You don't even have the 2pc t14 which is an issue in terms of rejuv cost so if I were you I wouldn't worry too much until you gear up a bit.
Edited by Moophious on 4/9/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Your stat priority is correct Bloom, just remember that it's: spirit (to comfort) > haste breakpoint (3043+) > mastery > crit
You have quite high spirit for your item level and I imagine you are commonly ending fights with quite a bit of mana remaining. I would say you could stand to lose about 2-3k spirit and increase your int/mastery values.

Int is usually the best way to increase your throughput to a point. Obviously our mastery and intellect interact with each other to increase throughput. The best thing to do is find a tool like treecalcs (an amazing spreadsheet you can find in the elitist jerks druid forums), input your gear and play with your gemming choices. I am actually at a level of spellpower where gemming pure mastery is my best way to increase my throughput. Although this is only ~350 hps out of a theoretical 143k hps for my gear. Not a substantial increase and I am currently trying out balance for the first time so I have kept my int gemming. I thoroughly recommend trying the spreadsheet out if you are actually interested in trying to get the most out of your stats.
Edited by Diharma on 4/9/2013 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]