Wyvern Sting viability in Arenas.

Why don't you take it for Arena? The long CD, or because you actually find the 3 second blanket more useful than a second 8 second CC?

I'd been using Silencing Shot until tonight, but wanted to give Wyvern a try instead. Not having to worry about whether or not another player will eat my trap, the trap getting pathed around, the scatter getting trinketed instead, etc. made for much less stressful play and CC chaining, as well as the added benefit of long-CCing two targets at once with Freeze on one and Wyvern on another, I only found myself "missing" my Silence a couple times where kill opportunities would've been clinched with it... but then realized there wouldn't've been a kill opportunity there in the first place without the Wyvern setup.

Give it a try IMO, it suits my playstyle better and might yours, too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I usually swap for wyvern if there's no casters. I just don't like the dot that comes afterwards.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I usually swap for wyvern if there's no casters. I just don't like the dot that comes afterwards.

Dot was removed with MoP, now its just a sleep with a 45 sec cd/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
it's amazing against melee cleaves
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It DR's with trap. Thats why.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

I did not know this. However, with my team, once I picked up wyvern sting, we started getting better with CC.
Reply Quote

Why does this matter when you consider that it's easier to land than a trap, or that trap can then be used to CC a second target, trap is still an additional 4 second CC if you really need to chain it on the same target, it opens up use of ice trap instead if someone is pillaring, etc., etc.

Scatter (4) -> Wyvern (8) -> Spider Stun (3) -> DR'd trap (4) is pretty nasty, too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If you have follow up cc for the second target it would be ok, otherwise its pointless to cc them in the first place. One extra secon on a cc chain means nothing when you consider the CD difference in the two abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's pretty damn good in 2's and ok in 3's if no casters.. It does DR with trap and sap so that hurts a little.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Eh... the double silence shot with readiness is far more usefull than a CC that can break..

I am also a "casual" pvper so what do i know /shrug
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Saarî
If you have follow up cc for the second target it would be ok, otherwise its pointless to cc them in the first place.

In 3s, being able to CC a healer with wyvern then trap a DPS to keep him from peeling during a kill opportunity is pretty valuable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]