So uh...Ra Den was supposed to be difficult?

90 Pandaren Hunter
Just because a world class raiding guild killed a heroic-only boss in 2 weeks of attempts doesn't mean other guilds in the world are going to do the same thing in the same timetable.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
People with no lives who treat this game as a job beat a boss quickly.

The very best at games = no life
Does this logic work in other parts of life?
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
04/12/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Emberfrost
People with no lives who treat this game as a job beat a boss quickly.

The very best at games = no life
Does this logic work in other parts of life?

Yeah, pretty much. The people who dedicate their entire time to perfecting some particular skill can be said to have "no life". Whether it's a bad thing is questionable. So far, it seems, only the most useless and unproductive people have "lives".
Edited by Rahanee on 4/12/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Lich King > All final raid bosses. He alone survived as Hardmode king until they finally nerfed him. Heck, in his honor, I'm gonna roll a DK later.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Lich King > All final raid bosses. He alone survived as Hardmode king until they finally nerfed him. Heck, in his honor, I'm gonna roll a DK later.

You don't know much about the history of raiding, do you?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

k well

maybe we can count the numerous other bosses in BC that took longer to kill than m'uru
Kael? Was buggy as !@#$ and had a gear wall. You had to farm tier sets for people.

Vashj, not nearly as hard but it was leap and bounds more difficult than the rest of SSC.

There was no gear wall. There was a player limitation wall. Too many people thought gear would carry them and still do. Gear is a limitation. You must become better yourself. It's thinking ahead. It's planning your moves. It's knowing when lust is popped before it pops. Etc. But the average player doesn't do that. They just want to get by so they use gear as an excuse and have since Vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

C'thun would like a word with you. He survived until he was nerfed. LK is overrated. Is it good? Yes, but it's not on par with quite a list of other bosses. Kael'thas pre-nerf was much harder than LK.
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Priest
Even if they designed bosses that only 1-2% of the population could kill when relevant, guilds like Method would still kill it within weeks.

It's just what they do.

Right here. Method, Blood Legion, Paragon and the like will kill things quickly. It isn't really a statement about the difficulty of the boss but rather their skill and persistence.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
The OP bases his comments on a false premise.

Just because one (or a very few) top guilds in the WORLD managed to defeat the heroic-only boss doesn't make it EASY.

Stop looking at the world through such a narrow lens. If 1% of 1% of all the guilds in the world can defeat a boss and have dedicated weeks to do so that certainly doesn't make it easy.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
2 weeks of hardcore raids smashing their heads into a boss isn't considered difficult? 0_O

There was no gear wall. There was a player limitation wall. Too many people thought gear would carry them and still do. Gear is a limitation. You must become better yourself. It's thinking ahead. It's planning your moves. It's knowing when lust is popped before it pops. Etc. But the average player doesn't do that. They just want to get by so they use gear as an excuse and have since Vanilla.

Hahahahaha.

To be fair, there is a huge skill difference between many hardcore players and the average ones. But if you think gear isn't a gating mechanism for mechanics and enrage timers, I'm not really sure what to tell you.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
you know why stuff falls over so fast? everyone has something that can cheese mechanics now.

warlock gateways. cauterize. insert ability not in BC/wotlk here.

it isnt just gear, it's that people have tools to trivialize the fights now.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Best pve players in the world w/ unlimited time to strategize an approach to an insanely difficulty encounter, while being sponsored

let's see if even 0.5% of the community kill this guy before next expansion hits
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
04/12/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Lmcm

You don't know much about the history of raiding, do you?

'Tis true. Came in during wrath and haven't studied it much. If others fall into this same category, accept my apology.

C'thun would like a word with you. He survived until he was nerfed. LK is overrated. Is it good? Yes, but it's not on par with quite a list of other bosses. Kael'thas pre-nerf was much harder than LK.

So then to be fair, I could roll a BElf for Kael'thas and for C'thun I could roll a ... um ... uh ... ... I got nothin' here.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Well the limited attempts made it one of the longer races to be sure. Whether it was more difficult than others, maybe not(?), but difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. We've had bugged or overtuned bosses in the past that were essentially impossible to beat, but for those not involved sometimes that turns from "impossible" to "an epic struggle!"

Probably most important though is that while the world first race is awesome and we all love watching it and seeing who wins, we still want the fights to be possible for high-end progression raids that are not vying for world firsts. We're not trying to make boss fights impossible for the sake of tripping everyone up and laughing as no one can kill them for months. We can make impossible bosses. That's not the point, though. Bosses are made to die.

They talked about this very thing last night on Legendary, I thought they had some fairly astute things to say about it.
Edited by Bashiok on 4/12/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
http://manaflask.com/en/article/2343/eoy-039-s-exploits-the-burning-crusade

One good article about BC raiding by a world-first caliber raider. It's an interesting read. Makes you think a lot about difficulty of bosses, and how much time guilds should spend on those bosses, etc etc

while the world first race is awesome and we all love watching it and seeing who wins, we still want the fights to be possible for high-end progression raids that are not vying for world firsts

Yes. The question in my mind is not how quickly can Method down it, but how can quickly can everyone else?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
We can make impossible bosses. That's not the point, though. Bosses are made to die.

Pretty much sums it up perfect.

Now go kill him yourself, OP, and you can legit QQ all you like.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Its sad that the OP got a Blue bite out of a troll topic. =/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Its sad that the OP got a Blue bite out of a troll topic. =/

Blues are pretty strategic in which threads they choose to grace with their explanations. It's more about whichever thread is receiving the most attention than troll threads vs non troll threads.

It's just an opportunity to shed light on an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well the limited attempts made it one of the longer races to be sure. Whether it was more difficult than others, maybe not(?), but difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. We've had bugged or overtuned bosses in the past that were essentially impossible to beat, but for those not involved sometimes that turns from "impossible" to "an epic struggle!"

Probably most important though is that while the world first race is awesome and we all love watching it and seeing who wins, we still want the fights to be possible for high-end progression raids that are not vying for world firsts. We're not trying to make boss fights impossible for the sake of tripping everyone up and laughing as no one can kill them for months. We can make impossible bosses. That's not the point, though. Bosses are made to die.

They talked about this very thing last night on Legendary, I thought they had some fairly astute things to say about it. Mmmmm, looks like that episode isn't live yet though.

What's Legendary?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]