Reacting healing classes

90 Blood Elf Monk
Which healing classes/specs are reactive and which ones are not?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Everyone has some degree of reactive play. It's not a matter of "reactive vs. not" but "more reactive vs. less reactive."

The healing specs more-or-less in order from most reactive to most proactive:
1. Holy Priest
2. Resto Shaman
3. Resto Druid
4. Holy Paladin
5. Mistweaver Monk
6. Disc Priest

You could dispute those rankings a little bit, but I don't think anyone would move any spec more than one notch up or down.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The way the healing goes out is different, but every class has to proactively line up minor cd's/spells in one way or another to react to damage. Any list in this thread is a matter of opinion as all healers have to be be proactive and reactive equally so.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Everyone has some degree of reactive play. It's not a matter of "reactive vs. not" but "more reactive vs. less reactive."

The healing specs more-or-less in order from most reactive to most proactive:
1. Holy Priest
2. Resto Shaman
3. Resto Druid
4. Holy Paladin
5. Mistweaver Monk
6. Disc Priest

You could dispute those rankings a little bit, but I don't think anyone would move any spec more than one notch up or down.

I'd probably swap 3 & 4, and 5 & 6. Druids have to do a fair amount of pre-HoTing for burst dmage phases because their reactive aoe is woefully lacking, other than making sure they have hp banked for the big aoe pallies are pretty reactive. Discs have to plan ahead somewhat for shields and spirit shell but I think having to plan for damage 30+ seconds out and start preparing for it or fall on your face when it hits is solely a monk thing...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For 3&4, it really depends on how you play your holy paladin. The current FoTM style involves a whole lot of 1-holy Power Eternal Flame for Mastery maintenance, and that in addition to saving up Holy Power for burst made me feel like it's less reactive than RDruid.

For 5&6, I was debating for a while, and I think you might be right. But if I'd swapped them, I'm sure there'd be a disc priest arguing to swap them back.

And as for whether it's subjective: To a certain extent, between certain specs, it sort of is. But there is a very clear difference between a holy priest and a monk.
Edited by Kaels on 4/13/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]