Can't select my character on armory

90 Undead Warlock
My main character is Ultimus a level 90 Death Knight on Illidan. I cannot select him. He does not appear on the drop down menu. I also cannot select him on the forums to post as.

How do I fix this? This has gone on for weeks now.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Priest
Change your password. It forces a refresh on your account.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sadly tried that and no luck :(
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Has it been a while since you logged into this character or was the character recently transferred to the WoW account it now resides on? If so, it may take some time for the character data to be cached on the server again.

Character data expires after disuse and needs to be created anew after a character transfers. Logging into your character in WoW and then logging out should initiate a refresh, though it may still take some time to update. (This simply refers to the character data used outside of WoW, such as for forums, WoW Community, Mobile Armory, etc.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Has it been a while since you logged into this character or was the character recently transferred to the WoW account it now resides on? If so, it may take some time for the character data to be cached on the server again.

Character data expires after disuse and needs to be created anew after a character transfers. Logging into your character in WoW and then logging out should initiate a refresh, though it may still take some time to update. (This simply refers to the character data used outside of WoW, such as for forums, WoW Community, Mobile Armory, etc.)

This character has existed since Nov 2008 (Ultimus, 90 Death Knight Illidan) and I have continually played him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just recently noticed the problem. I am not sure what causes it. The character has always been on Illidan and never been anywhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In fact characters appear on my armory selection that I haven't logged into in YEARS. But my main does not?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
In fact characters appear on my armory selection that I haven't logged into in YEARS. But my main does not?

There are multiple points of potential failure, so I'm identifying what the issue could be. The most typical failure in this scenario is due to a character with expired cache. Investigating further.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/19/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Wilebosk

There are multiple points of potential failure, so I'm identifying what the issue could be. The most typical failure in this scenario is due to a character with expired cache. Investigating further.

Thank you I appreciate it. My account has multiple "Ultimus" on it but there is only one I really play (the level 90 one). I don't know if this could also cause anything but just tossing that out there too.

Thank you again for investigating.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
It's not the active characters that would cause this, but rather if you've deleted a number of characters using the same name. It's pretty rare, but it happens and is one of the top reasons for this issue. Thanks for the additional info.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well to provide more information:

Ultimus has Faction Changed, Race Changed, but *NEVER* server transferred. The character has been around since 2008 and played regularly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Oh and I maybe have 20 other characters by the same name... so I do have quite a bit but I would hate to have to delete them in order for my main to appear. I have never deleted any... at least not in over 7 or 8 years.

And I think I mentioned, I cannot select the character on the forum either to post.
Edited by Golgoth on 4/22/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Level 90 Ultimus is on Illidan? Is it on a different account?
Edited by Wilebosk on 4/24/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Level 90 Ultimus is on Illidan. Same account as this character. I only have one WOW account.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We're continuing this investigation but it's taking some time to find a solution. I scanned through your posts again and I noticed you didn't explicitly indicate if this character is currently appearing on the Character Select in WoW. Are you able to login with Level 90 Ultimus (Illidan) in-game?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
We're continuing this investigation but it's taking some time to find a solution. I scanned through your posts again and I noticed you didn't explicitly indicate if this character is currently appearing on the Character Select in WoW. Are you able to login with Level 90 Ultimus (Illidan) in-game?

Hi yes I do. In fact, I play the character on a daily basis at least for an hour each day.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thank you. I'll let you know when we've found a solution for this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Been about a week, is this something that I should expect in a month or two? Just wondering how often I should be checking back.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Been about a week, is this something that I should expect in a month or two? Just wondering how often I should be checking back.

I'm not sure tbh. I'm working with technicians and engineers who say that your character should be there.

Have you tried going to the My Characters list and sorting by the Name, Realm, Level, and other sorting options, just in case it's lost in the mix? I have the max allowable characters on each of my accounts, so it can be difficult to locate some characters if I don't refine my search.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but it's not the typical character inaccessibility report. This may take us some time but I'm not certain on how long.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Let me show you exactly what I see, I hope posting links to images is ok:

Here is how it appears on the forums: http://i39.tinypic.com/8yhwte.jpg

As you can see, even when I type in Ultimus it does not give the option to select my level 90 Ultimus. I play him every single day.

Second here is how it appears on my IPHONE in the mobile app:

http://i39.tinypic.com/15g5qg9.png

This pic shows sorted by level. But I have tried sorting by Realm, Name, etc to no avail. It shows Archaedes as my highest level character with Golgoth 2nd. No Ultimus level 90 is to be found.

Edit: Do these pics help at all?

2nd Edit: I do want to say this started occurring post Lich King Expansion (Possibly 2011 right during Cataclysm) -- I never followed up with it till the auctioneer became free.

During that time frame I have faction changed my character twice (Horde to Alliance then back to Horde) but when I went back to Horde I moved my entire guild (Its a solo guild) so I did a guild faction change.

I don't know if any of those would have any possibilities of effecting it. Just tossing those out there.
Edited by Golgoth on 5/7/2013 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]