round 3
-1 sec
-42 sec
-74 sec
-148sec
-260sec
end

seems to be as erratic as it ever was, but at least its proccing right }:<

time to start logging this crap i guess....
Edited by Kuriara on 4/23/2013 1:04 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
lol it isnt suppose to proc at standard times
90 Worgen Druid
Extremely small sample size of 3 pulls on the dummy, but it procced right away every time for me after several minutes of waiting before each.
Edited by Dysheki on 4/23/2013 1:41 PM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
lol it isnt suppose to proc at standard times

whats the usefulness of this statement, was just showing, albeit small sample size yes, and horribly skewed because i am not going to sit here beating on this thing for the next 5 hours to get a sample that matters, nor am i wasting more gd gold regem/reforge/reenchant in order to optimize the proc rate.

Fact is, its still broken, and rrpm system is the worst idea they have implemented in this game to date.
Quality Assurance
Fix has been applied. I see you're getting procs again.
90 Orc Monk
Fix has been applied. I see you're getting procs again.

Is bad luck prevention in on the procs? I guess we'll see as more logs come in but knowing whether or not you folks think youve reapplied it would be helpful
Quality Assurance
04/23/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Scottiepippn
Is bad luck prevention in on the procs?

It should be and internal tests are confirming it. It's not impossible to go 2 minutes or so without a proc but it should be rare and shouldn't ever go longer than 3 minutes.
100 Troll Druid
Thank you.

This trinket is the most interesting piece of gear I've gotten in a long time, possibly ever.

It's different, powerful, and fun. Most of the frustrations I felt, and probably the others here have felt, is that they had a cool new toy that wasn't quite working right.

Thank you for addressing this before raid.
100 Troll Druid
Anyone using rentaki's soul charm (heroic) and noticed a decreased proc rate ever since I guess this fix to rune occured? It hasn't be long I know but I thought it'd be worth mentioning in case people are noticing this as well.

Btw I currently use rune as well as rentaki's so I'm not sure if that may be it or if something was broken in order to fix the issue with rune.
90 Pandaren Monk
Anyone using rentaki's soul charm (heroic) and noticed a decreased proc rate ever since I guess this fix to rune occured? It hasn't be long I know but I thought it'd be worth mentioning in case people are noticing this as well.

Btw I currently use rune as well as rentaki's so I'm not sure if that may be it or if something was broken in order to fix the issue with rune.

I'm not entirely sure, but I whacked a dummy for like 105 minutes, and during that time I got 111 RoRo (ilvl 528) procs and 72 Rena (ilvl 535) procs. Not sure what the RPPM of the Rena is supposed to be. You can see the log here if you want: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2gics4xeniwxuwi6/details/0/

I was only really testing the RoRo, I just coincidentally also use the Rena as my other trink. I think though that they are both working as intended.
Edited by Janxspirit on 4/23/2013 3:55 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk

Kinda, yes.

Well I'll play around with it once I get home from work. But it shouldn't be proccing less than 22 seconds between each proc though. 22 seconds should net you at least 6-8 stacks of Tigereye Brew which is still quite a bit damage increase.

actually it should be.

Rune of Re-Origination – 1.012 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD

you should now be getting 1 proc per min it is however possible that you would get the proc near the end and then another near the start of the new min 22 secs apart.

just be happy its working again :D
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, Rune seems to be working nicely now. Thank you for fixing this. Making me enjoy playing my monk again and hearing that panther roar I set up with WeakAuras on trinket proc :D
100 Pandaren Monk
if the proc protection is in place, there is still issues with it. When doing a Trinket switch at the start of the fight tonight, H Jin'roc, it took 2 1/2 minutes before the first proc happened.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-erb37ezsamw6sgku/details/0/?s=237&e=568
90 Worgen Druid
if the proc protection is in place, there is still issues with it. When doing a Trinket switch at the start of the fight tonight, H Jin'roc, it took 2 1/2 minutes before the first proc happened.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-erb37ezsamw6sgku/details/0/?s=237&e=568

Don't do the trinket swap . . . That resets the bad luck timer (I would assume).
Edited by Dysheki on 4/23/2013 8:21 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
Don't do the trinket swap . . . That resets the bad luck timer (I would assume).

Problem is that for Monks the Rune works with our Mastery ability, Tigereye Brew which increases our damage when used. The ability stacks up to 20 but a max of 10 can be used at any time. When used, takes a snapshot of our mastery. So say with the rune proc our mastery is at 14.4% at 1 stack it increases our damage by 14.4%. But at 10 stacks, increases our damage by 144%. The trinket proccing at the start means we use the stacks at a very non-optimal value. By trinket swapping I delay the proc by AT LEAST 22 seconds which should bring the stack to about 6-8 stacks.
90 Troll Druid
Delritha, you must be misreading the log because it's definitely not a proc gap of 2 1/2 minutes.
[19:36:33.117] Delritha hits Jin'rokh the Breaker 12559
[19:38:08.634] Delritha gains Re-Origination from Delritha

That's a difference of 95.517 seconds (1m36s) which isn't unreasonable at all, with your level of haste the bad luck protection doesn't even start to kick in until 74 seconds.

And that's also assuming that the time that the trinket is on ICD after swapping the trinket counts towards the proc multiplier.
Edited by Pawkets on 4/23/2013 9:57 PM PDT
100 Tauren Shaman
I got this trinket a few hours ago,(enhancement shaman), and did some practice dummy runs. I'm not having trouble with the number of procs like everybody on this thread is talking about. This trinket is supposed to boost the highest of the 3 stats: haste, crit, or mastery. That's not what I'm seeing. My haste is 21.41% (4409), crit is 21.65% (2788) and mastery is 40.59% (7377). So I expected a boost to mastery and instead saw my haste go up. Most common number I've seen is 90% but have seen as high as 265%. Also the tooltip says the effect lasts for 10 secs, but I'm seeing the numbers last for barely a second. Maybe I'm just not understanding what I'm seeing in terms of duration, I don't know a thing about theorycraft. Does anybody understand what's going on?
100 Pandaren Monk
Delritha, you must be misreading the log because it's definitely not a proc gap of 2 1/2 minutes.
[19:36:33.117] Delritha hits Jin'rokh the Breaker 12559
[19:38:08.634] Delritha gains Re-Origination from Delritha

That's a difference of 95.517 seconds (1m36s) which isn't unreasonable at all, with your level of haste the bad luck protection doesn't even start to kick in until 74 seconds.

And that's also assuming that the time that the trinket is on ICD after swapping the trinket counts towards the proc multiplier.

Yea I misread. it's what I get for posting while raiding.
100 Troll Druid
The +3000 mastery buff does not count for the rune. Your unbuffed mastery is 4377, which means that haste is your highest stat and the rune is working correctly.

For the duration thing, I guess you're just not noticing it in time? It is a fixed 10 seconds; the buff is not even cancelable.
90 Pandaren Monk
04/23/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Delritha

Problem is that for Monks the Rune works with our Mastery ability, Tigereye Brew which increases our damage when used. The ability stacks up to 20 but a max of 10 can be used at any time. When used, takes a snapshot of our mastery. So say with the rune proc our mastery is at 14.4% at 1 stack it increases our damage by 14.4%. But at 10 stacks, increases our damage by 144%. The trinket proccing at the start means we use the stacks at a very non-optimal value. By trinket swapping I delay the proc by AT LEAST 22 seconds which should bring the stack to about 6-8 stacks.

This is the unfortunate part of this trinket being the main balancing factor of WWs right now. I don't know if it's possible, but having the trinket automatically delayed 30s or so when entering combat would be nice. Feels awkward as hell constantly switching it out.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]