A Possible LFR Solution?

How about switching it to 10man with 10man normal rewards? This would force players to be active in the roles given and to actually learn the fights, not just to stand in the red circles and let healers heal them through it.

This would also speed up LFR for tanks and healers being that 2 could still que, but it would open up 2 or more LR groups?

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
"10m normal rewards" is 25m normal rewards. Given the ease of LFR, it should not drop 522 loot.

This would make the queue infinitely longer for dps.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Thoughts?

You didn't think this through is my only thought on your idea.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I didn't realize we needed a solution.

LFR, while I am not the biggest fan of it, I fully understand why it is in the game and don't want to see it removed.

My only problem with LFR is posts about LFR loot. Yes it's RNG and will take you longer to gear through LFR if you don't do normals, but in order for the system to continue to function it needs people queueing for it. If loot is the carrot on a stick to try and keep LFR times down, then changing it to allow people to gear faster and have them stop running LFR's sooner will actually hurt the rest of the player base who use LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
No. 25s is the only way you are going to get the right mix of buffs and abilities from a random draw. You think 25s are bad, 10s would be an exercise in frustration.
Reply Quote
Maybe you are right, but people constantly complain about how people just float through LFR and dont help. 10man would force people to either participate or fail.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Maybe you are right, but people constantly complain about how people just float through LFR and dont help. 10man would force people to either participate or fail.

What would force people to not just afk through is if the skill cap is raised to a point that demands people to know the fights. I'm not saying they need to be on par with normal modes but right now the skill gap between LFR and normal modes is so large that closing it a little more wouldn't be that big of a deal.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
04/18/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Balefor
How about switching it to 10man with 10man normal rewards?

You can already do this, the only difference is you must do the work to find the rest of your team and travel to the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
How about switching it to 10man with 10man normal rewards? This would force players to be active in the roles given and to actually learn the fights, not just to stand in the red circles and let healers heal them through it.

Wait, don't we have "regular" raiding difficulty for this ?

Yes, we do.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
who cares? WOW PVE is a joke
you sit in city and play 1 day per week doing the same !@#$ all the time with the same IA
and that's it.

You're doing it wrong then. Good luck in finding a new MMO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
who cares? WOW PVE is a joke
you sit in city and play 1 day per week doing the same !@#$ all the time with the same IA
and that's it.

Thanks, Iam thinking back to play WOW just for PVP, you are right, there isnt a MMO like WOW in PVP
But the PVE is SOOOO boring
Just sit and kill same bosses isnt cool!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/18/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Balefor
Why do you care about LFR being harder? If you want harder content, go do normal.

Blizzard can't keep making new difficulties/options for every skill level of player. Sometimes you just have to make do with what is available to you, even if that means settling for easier content/pushing yourself into harder content.

Someone also mentioned the buff thing. If they were to do 10 man LFR, they would need to make it even easier because of the likelihood of bad group compositions. Unless the system waited for ideal compositions before forming the group, but that would make the queue time longer.

If you are going to ask us for our thoughts, at least have the decency to have a well thought out post first.
Edited by Lometos on 4/18/2013 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
lol 30% of your raid AFK's or just sucks in a 25 man LFR, you can most likely get through it

30% of your raid AFK's or just sucks in a 10 man LFR and you crash and burn
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That wouldn't solve anything.

They balance 10 and 25 man around expecting people to have a voice chat program running. They simply cannot do the same for randoms. Therefore, all it would do is nerf the difficulty of normal mode as they suddenly had to tune down everything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Don't see why you figure making a change like that would lead to less complaining. Now the afks and the people who queue healer but do damage for faster queue are hard pressed to wipe a raid. Even in tot. Your change would let the wipe the raid easily. Not sure how anyone would be satisfied with that situation.

Thanks, Iam thinking back to play WOW just for PVP, you are right, there isnt a MMO like WOW in PVP

Wow has not, and has never been, a purely one sided game. Just raiding doesn't stand too well on its own if it wasn't for all the other things in game to do. 15 bucks for 4 resets seems like really poor value.
Same with pvp. You get nothing but rank, and even that doesn't last. And most people do it for not even that.
Its the interaction with other players and the hundreds of little things you can get involved in that keeps the game fun. If you avoid both the player interaction and those little things you'll find a very stale game indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

If your only experience for PvE is LFR or dungeons I can understand how you can get bored, but you definitely sound like someone that has never done progression content. I will never forget the time and effort put into killing some end of tier bosses.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree, I too love joining in progress, 10 determination buff LFRs, on the first boss, with everyone "yelling" on raid chat about strategy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

When I play a video game, first and foremost of my concerns is how 'cool' I appear to everyone around me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Unfortunately queues would be even longer if they were 10 man. The 25 man format allows for a but load more DPS to get in while keeping the same number of tanks and adding three healers. Going from 10 man to 25 though allows you to add 10 more DPS. Maybe even should be 40 man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]