Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn

90 Tauren Monk
Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn

Looking over some charts this trinket has by far the worst procs compared to a few of the healing trinkets. Over a 6 min fight, these were the numbers we obtained.

Infinite Power 59 procs 88.4 % uptime Lightning-Imbued Chalice
Cloudburst 14 procs 24.5 % uptime Horridon's Last Gasp
Shield of Hydra 2 procs 2.3 % uptime Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn

This trinket looked amazing but, it is a pile of poop till it gets buffed. I am sure and do apologize if this subject was already discussed in recent posts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It is a bit below par, and I think it was recently hot fixed.

Someone please correct me, I'm probably wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

It was hotfixed. It's done little, if anything, to improve the trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've got the TF version off of normal first week. It's done one thing really well since, buffing my ilvl while sitting in my bag...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It makes a fine sha crystal, and possibly a haunting spirit if your lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

It was hotfixed. It's done little, if anything, to improve the trinket.

Adding more insult to injury.

It makes a fine sha crystal, and possibly a haunting spirit if your lucky.

That'd be the only useful proc it ever gives, looking over what other people have said about it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I use it because I don't have anything better. xD The chunk of spirit lets me reforge away from other things. But I swap to my Relic when I'm Holy. Heh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I use it because I don't have anything better. xD The chunk of spirit lets me reforge away from other things. But I swap to my Relic when I'm Holy. Heh.

That makes sense, sadly.

I should have kept my relic-- it's a sha crystal now. In other news, your armory profile makes you look down right scary. Angry panda is angry.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
In other news, your armory profile makes you look down right scary. Angry panda is angry.

Oh, my.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
In other news, your armory profile makes you look down right scary. Angry panda is angry.

At least someone is scared of me. My guild just giggles when I get mad. >:|
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Yeah, it's...not good. I tried the normal version out last night to see how it actually did. The proc averaged around 1% of my total healing. Highest was 2% on Horridon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Look at the uptime of it isn't really useful since something like Infinite Power has high uptime but is essentially the same sort of thing. Looking at it's healing done would be more accurate.

Not that I disagree, I use it for the spirit or I put my Relic of Chi'ji back in, it is still !@#$ing terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Yeah, not sure whether the bag pulls ahead of 2/2 Relic for Disc. I made a post above but messed up teh numbers, hence the deletion. Assuming 15s between Rapture procs I believe the bag ends up being about 1k mp5 more than 2/2 Relic. But the Relic provides 1247 Intelligence. So it comes down to ~1800 secondary stats and the bag proc vs ~1200 Intelligence. I'll let the super math people figure out which is better.

As an edit, it's actually worse for the bag than I thought (the 1800 number above is wrong, forgot about Rapture there). A Disc Priest getting consistent Rapture procs every 15 seconds actually only needs ~950 Spirit to gain 1k mp5 (~475 from Rapture, ~535 from Spirit regen). So my guess is using the bag and reforging out of Spirit would be inferior to 2/2 Relic. This is because the most you could reforge out of Spirit before Relic ends up providing more regen is ~950 Spirit. I somehow doubt 950 more throughput secondary stats and the bag proc will surpass 1247 Int (super math people feel free to correct me).

Now if you were trying to maximize your Spirit it's a different story.......
Edited by Volios on 4/19/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It is terrible. I tried it out in an LFR the other night and I'm going back to my 489 trink until I get a better alternative.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Horrible bag of hydra garbage!
Reply Quote
1.5k spirit. That is all. And the up time might seem small due to the pathetic excuse of a shield getting demolish immediately. ^^
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Seems like there's always some gear that is simply not up to par with its competition.

I can see a place for the Bag:

• An alt, or a new player, who hasn't bothered to rep grind for any of the 5.0 or 5.1 trinkets, and didn't have any luck in t14. For this player, the Bag is a great upgrade from the Vial of Icharous Blood that they've been using.

This trinket looked amazing but

Never looked amazing to me.

However, Horridon's is making me very happy. Looking at logs, it's generally kicking me back almost as much mana as I'm getting from Innervate.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Yeah, both spirit trinkets in ToT need a boost. But I'm actually looking into trying to pick on of them up not because of the spirit or the proc on them, but because you can reforge them into a throughput stat. Remember, you only need as much spirit as you need mana to safely complete an encounter. If you can game this legendary gem, double throughput trinkets might make a lot of sense, even if one of the secondary effects is terrible throughput comparatively.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
but because you can reforge them into a throughput stat. Remember, you only need as much spirit as you need mana to safely complete an encounter

Doesn't this logic only hold true if you have no access to a trinket without static int?

Not hating on secondary stats or anything but noting gives as much throughput as int. The valor trinket is superior to the h version of either spirit trinket imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]