Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn

90 Blood Elf Priest
It makes a fine sha crystal, and possibly a haunting spirit if your lucky.

This.

The shield, at 90, is somewhere around 45k at a full 6 stacks.

That's like, a sneeze from a current-tier raid boss.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
04/19/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Sadiemay
but because you can reforge them into a throughput stat. Remember, you only need as much spirit as you need mana to safely complete an encounter

Doesn't this logic only hold true if you have no access to a trinket without static int?

Not hating on secondary stats or anything but noting gives as much throughput as int. The valor trinket is superior to the h version of either spirit trinket imo.

It depends. I'm eyeballing them for the mastery reforge because pw:s spam is the next broken-haxx thing for disc after looking at the reduced ppm from casting smites/holy fires on our legendary and the pw:s spam we can do during clearcasting. I'm mostly asking myself:

1467 int for soothing vs. 587 mastery and the shield proc?
Inner fire or inner will?
What spells are being spammed? PW:S or atonement?
How much haste do I have and how many spells am I pushing per minute? (don't forget about chaining borrowed time for increased ppm)
Rapture timing and fight length?

In my spells breakdown, normal circumstances would have the soothing talisman at a 4.61% increase to my healing done (whether or not that's effective healing is another story) and the hydra-spawn (522) with 2% increase to healing done (adding the mastery reforge increase and the shield proc together). If I shift spell choices around, they're both about a 3.9%-4.2% total healing done increase depending on my pw:s frequency. But also, more shields means more rapture, so you could theoretically yield more mana with the base spirit you still have after the reforge. That's 471.53 mp5 from rapture + 511 mp5 static from hydra-spawn versus 828 mp5 from the soothing talisman assuming a 14 sec rapture and a perfect 3 minute soothing talisman.

So at the end of the day, they're still equal in my eyes, it just depends on how you define "equal". I'm still holding out for another ppm buff on the two spirit trinkets. I really hate how low the throughput proc is from both trinkets. I'm not asking for a 4% increase to our total healing done, but a 2% seems more reasonable.
Edited by Twistedmind on 4/19/2013 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
85681411439:
Not hating on secondary stats or anything but noting gives as much throughput as int. The valor trinket is superior to the h version of either spirit trinket imo.

My Vial of Ichorous Blood is superior to this trinket. It will continue to sit in my bag I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Just got this trinket today. I was so excited to try it out on a raid boss. 7 minute fight.... Not one proc.... Blizz fix this trinket
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
Not one proc

And you know this because it does not appear in the Recount list?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The uptime appears in Skada, and is terrible, although not that terrible typically for me. I had 2 procs on H Jinrokh from mine when I was testing it out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
According to our log this week:

- Tortos, 5:44 fight, 12 procs
- Megaera, 6:48 fight, 14 procs

I only use this trinket when in Holy spec, not Disc. Our druid, who has the same trinket, had a couple more procs than mine. So I don't know if HoTs affect its procs.

I got these numbers by searching the spell "Shield of Hydra Sputum". The buff section in the log seems to be for when myself was healed by the trinket. The log entries are like:

[20:53:36.630] Greybare gains Shield of Hydra Sputum from Jesminia (Remaining: 30193)
[20:53:36.649] Jesminia's Shield of Hydra Sputum fades from Greybare (Remaining: 0)
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
If you need the spirit, then the proc is not bad provided you are pumping out heals so it can proc. If you are just sitting there waiting for someone to take a bit hit before healing, then it is not going to do much for you.

On my Resto shaman, it adds a few percent to my overall effective healing. As procs go, I think that is probably within Blizzard's design goals for trinkets.

Last version of Recount does not track the proc. There is an edit you can do to one of the LUA files to turn on the tracking. That is what I did.

If you do not need the spirit, then probably an INT trinket, even a damage dealer one, might be a better choice.

I want to add that this probably uses the RPPM mechanic and there is some weird relationship with the proc rate and haste. I have been meaning to stack a ton of haste and see how it affects the proc.
Edited by Prattle on 6/28/2013 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Still baffled that this trinket was never buffed. On the bright side, SoO trinkets are looking promising.

Infinite Power 59 procs 88.4 % uptime Lightning-Imbued Chalice

What is the point of tracking this uptime? It's the heal proc that you care about...
Edited by Meddle on 6/28/2013 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
People are still talking about this trink?

DO NOT GET THIS TRINK, IT'S NOT GOOD ON ANY CLASS
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
2 of my healers wanted this last night. I told them it sucks. No one listens to me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
People are still talking about this trink?

DO NOT GET THIS TRINK, IT'S NOT GOOD ON ANY CLASS

Necroed thread.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
Well hell, I just got it other night it has yet to proc for me in last lfr >< and I tried spamming heals on myself for 10 min it didn't proc once >< I don't know if its just monks, but I declare its broken!!$~@#!$~@#!~@#! Comon blizzz fix it >< I have a hard enough time healing as a monk vs disc priests, I thought it be great to get some absorb love , god knows monk bubble don't cut it for absorbs compared to other healers ><
Reply Quote
a. Does not proc out of combat, which if you were spam healing yourself I think it is safe to assume that you were out of combat.

b. If you are having trouble, as a monk, with similar gear in content that matters.. you are doing something wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn Crap
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
lol ok I did several raids still didn't see it ever proc on meters, or anywhere, but u say I'm doing something wrong?? lawl it wont proc at all, not sure if out of combat matters all my other things proc out of combat, but anyhow it doesnt matter its not procing in raids , bottom line, and I never said im having problems healing in raids, its just this thing wont proc >< which makes it kinda garbage
Edited by Xprop on 7/14/2013 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Since the trinket is a shield, the person whom receives the shield would need to take damage. The trinket itself is very sub par but if we're being brutally honest, all the trinkets this tier were mediocre except Horridon's last grasp.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
ok I did several raids still didn't see it ever proc on meters

Doesn't show on recount, not sure about other addons. Check WoL, if possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
even if you need the spirit a int based spirit proccing trinket is going to be better overall. the extra power you get from int for your heals and then the spirit proc even from a 463 is going to give you more at the end of the day than this will.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Used rune on Megs.
Gets a Thunderforged Hydra-Spawn.
Visits vendor to exchange for gold.

No, I actually kept it. Who knows? Maybe it'll get buffed. Or I'll decide that I really, really want more spirit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]