Why do the Quel Serra look trollish?

55 Draenei Death Knight
Supposedly it an high elven ancient weapon, yet the weapon design seems to lend itself more to zandalari design the elven. We have elven blades like the one found off of Kael thas in tbc and great ancient weapons like shaylamane which look extremely elven.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The Quel blades were all forged by the Dragonflights. It makes sense that they wouldn't look specifically Elven.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
So it wasn't forged by elves? Still I see ashkhandi and I look at the coloring of the quel serra and it still look trollish.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
04/18/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Faxenus
So it wasn't forged by elves? Still I see ashkhandi and I look at the coloring of the quel serra and it still look trollish.
ashkandi isnt even related to elves or trolls
dunno where ashkandi came from but how do they look trollish?

Ashkandi is rumored to be one of the quel'___ar blades.
Reply Quote
98 Troll Hunter
Ashkandi is Anduin Lothar's sword.

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood

At least, a reforged version.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Some people have speculated that Ashkanid is also Quel'Zerram(sp?) another blade Anduin Lothar used. However I believe somewhere in a book it is specified to be 2 separate swords.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Mmm. If I recall right, wasn't Ashkandi his secondary sword?

For all the good that did him. :|
Reply Quote
99 Human Paladin
The RPG described a sword named Quel'Zaram, which Anduin Lothar discovered on one of his adventures with Llane Wrynn and Medivh. It was Medivh who gave it that name (Thalassian for "High Blade") and its original name is unknown. Quel'Zaram may or may not be canon now, but either way it's safe to assume a veteran warrior like Lothar used many, many swords over the course of his career.

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood references the Brotherhood of the Horse (the Knights of Stormwind). It was probably given to (or made for) Lothar when he became the head of that order.

Lothar is most commonly associated with the Great Royal Sword. He used it against Medivh and later against Orgrim Doomhammer (where it was broken by the Doomhammer, then taken up by Turalyon). It was also called the "Blade of Stormwind" and it was presumably given to Lothar when he became the Knight Champion of Stormwind.
Edited by Egrem on 4/19/2013 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The RPG described a sword named Quel'Zaram, which Anduin Lothar discovered on one of his adventures with Llane Wrynn and Medivh. It was Medivh who gave it that name (Thalassian for "High Blade") and its original name is unknown. Quel'Zaram may or may not be canon now, but either way it's safe to assume a veteran warrior like Lothar used many, many swords over the course of his career.

That's almost certainly not true even back then. Quel'Serrar was "The High Blade".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The Quel'serrar (lorewise) is a unique blade or a series of blades forged by the dragonflights?

On another note, the High Blade was made for the Night Elves, the Kaldorei. The Quel'delar was the blade(s) meant for the High Elves, Quel'dorei.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
... Are you talking about the Quel'DELAR?

The Quel'Serrar isn't even remotely trollish in any way, shape, or form. It's a shining-steel runeblade with a blue metal handle.

The Quel'Delar is the one that looks like it is made of stone - though the runes and the glow are all decidedly not-trollish.
Reply Quote
99 Human Paladin
04/19/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Seiryu
That's almost certainly not true even back then. Quel'Serrar was "The High Blade".

They could both mean "High Blade" if Quel'Serrar is Darnassian and Quel'Zaram is Thalassian.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
04/20/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Egrem

They could both mean "High Blade" if Quel'Serrar is Darnassian and Quel'Zaram is Thalassian.

It's not like their can only be one high blade in the world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]