Need help with Ret Pally.

90 Human Paladin
Hello, I've been raiding as a ret pally this Expansion, but I believe I need some help I signed off in my raiding gear so you folks can look at it and see if I did anything wrong.

Anyways, my issue is with DPS I can burst up to 170k, but then it lowers slowly to 50-60k.

My rotation is: Judgement - Crusader Strike - Exorcism I try to get to all Holy Power before I Inquisition then I use Execution Sentence. Then I just keep redoing my rotation.

For cool downs I use Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger, Guardian of the Ancients.

Talents I use are Long arm of the Yaw - Fist of Justice - Sacred Shield - Clemency - Holy Avenger (One I hit 490 ilvl I used Sanctified Wrath but I switched back and I tried out Divine Purpose but was told to switch back.) - Execution Sentence.

Thank you for all the help, if I missed something in my post I apologize just say so :).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well, you don't have anywhere near enough haste and you're way over the hit cap but below the expertise cap. You also use a rotation - rets have a priority, which is 5HP TV > HoW > Exo > CS > judge > 3/4HP TV.

Hope it helps.
Edited by Levictor on 4/18/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Change H/A to sanctified in my opinion this will help you overall, but about keeping sustain the Guy above me covered it, Im not that much more geared then you, but have been very unlucky in my Itemization drops so my haste isn't where it should be but Hit expertise cap if possible, Switch to sanctified and Remember 5HP Templars verdict - HoW- Exo - CS - Judge - 3/4 TB Always get 3 HP inquisition up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Aha, I knew I was forgetting something, I do use Templars Verdict at 5 holy power, and I do use Hammer of Wrath when I can, and when I pop the CD to use it. I knew I was forgetting something it was pretty late.

And about the Expertise cap I use an addon called Reforge lite that did all the reforges for me ;/

It's reforged my gear Mostly into haste, and out of hit as much as it can seeing as I'm over cap
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I always wondered why some people use exorcism last in rotation after judgement or crusader strike. wouldnt you want to use exorcism first in case your white attacks proc a free exorcism cooldown for you? nothing is crappier then getting that exorcism proc before you use it when at that point you could have used it twice already. maybe im doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
How much should ret be pulling?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I always wondered why some people use exorcism last in rotation after judgement or crusader strike. wouldnt you want to use exorcism first in case your white attacks proc a free exorcism cooldown for you? nothing is crappier then getting that exorcism proc before you use it when at that point you could have used it twice already. maybe im doing it wrong.

You're not doing it wrong. Exorcism is Ret's second-hardest-hitting Holy Power generator, after Hammer of Wrath. Because of that and the way the cooldown resets, you should be prioritizing it higher than CS or Judgment.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
[quote]
You're not doing it wrong. Exorcism is Ret's second-hardest-hitting Holy Power generator, after Hammer of Wrath. Because of that and the way the cooldown resets, you should be prioritizing it higher than CS or Judgment.

While this makes sense, I usually start with Judgement then Exorcism followed by CS. Mainly because I don't like standing underneath the boss but by the time I get through the first rotation and Inq. is activated Judgement is back as well as CS. While Exorcism can proc before I use it I don't want to waste time on the off chance that it does.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
While this makes sense, I usually start with Judgement then Exorcism followed by CS. Mainly because I don't like standing underneath the boss but by the time I get through the first rotation and Inq. is activated Judgement is back as well as CS. While Exorcism can proc before I use it I don't want to waste time on the off chance that it does.

I start with Judgment as well, but that's because I use it while running in (and I always have Mass Exorcism glyphed so I can't use Exorcism until I get into melee range).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I start with Judgment as well, but that's because I use it while running in (and I always have Mass Exorcism glyphed so I can't use Exorcism until I get into melee range).

Pretty much the same for me, but I use Long Arm so Judging first puts me in melee range really fast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]