<<macro noob need advice

90 Undead Warrior
this is a macro in using for my warrior.it works as is,but for one prob.when i hit the button it targets nearest enemy like it should,but after that mob dies i have to deselect the dead one before it will target a new live one.i know it can be done just dont know how.thank you!

/target nearest enemy

/castsequence

/cast Mortal Strike

/cast Heroic Strike

/cast Cleav
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/targetenemy
/cast Heroic Strike
/cast Cleave
/cast Mortal Strike

The only reason you can write them like this is because cleave and heroic strike are off the gcd but since you can have only one gcd triggering ability per press, it needs to go last ie. after heroic strike and cleave else mortal strike will fire and everything after it will fail. Might want to read up on this:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro#Multiple_actions_with_one_click
http://www.wowpedia.org/Cooldown#Global_cooldown
Edited by Sedivy on 4/19/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/targetenemy [dead][help][noexists]
/cast Heroic Strike
/cast Cleave
/cast Mortal Strike

Sedivy's macro modified slightly so it won't perform targetenemy when an alive hostile is targeted.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Monk
Doesn't Heroic Strike trigger the CD on Cleave or no? Been a while since I played my warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No idea. I've never been able to level a warrior past 40 without getting bored and deleting the toon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
thank you mitimem thats what i was looking for
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/targetenemy [dead][help][noexists]

Mit: Alas they changed the dead part recently to where /targetenemy automatically skips the dead mobs now and never targets them.
I remember testing this out for someone because he wanted to target the dead mobs, I think for skinning, but no matter how I wrote it, it would never target them.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/19/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The [dead] condition is in there because looting. When you loot you end up targeting that dead enemy. With those conditions it will drop that dead target and pick up an alive enemy when the button is pressed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
But if you're targetting a dead target and you press a key with /targetenemy it'll do the same thing, no?
Reply Quote
But if you're targetting a dead target and you press a key with /targetenemy it'll do the same thing, no?

Yes it will.

It'll also run it when you have no target, a friendly target, and most importantly a hostile target.

That's the point of the conditions on the command. To tell it when it's okay to acquire a new target, as opposed to having a hostile you want to attack and having the macro assign a new one with every click.

Coincidentally, you can cover both [help] and [noexists] with [noharm]

/targetenemy [dead][noharm]
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh I wasn't saying anything against [help][noexists] part. It IS an improvement.
I was just mentioning that [dead] and leaving it out as it is right now does exactly the same thing.
/targetenemy won't ever target dead things anymore and if you're already targetting one, it'll target something else so having [dead] there does nothing.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/19/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh I wasn't saying anything against [help][noexists] part. It IS an improvement.
I was just mentioning that [dead] and leaving it out as it is right now does exactly the same thing.
/targetenemy won't ever target dead things anymore and if you're already targetting one, it'll target something else so having [dead] there does nothing.

No...

Like Mitimem said, looting.

A dead hostile, is still hostile as far as the game is concerned.

Thus if you have a dead enemy targeted, [help][noexists] will not be enough to make the command fire to get you something to attack. That's why the [dead] condition is there, to make you target something if your current target is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ahh I see, kk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]