@Day Warrior Daily Life [Off Topic]

14 Night Elf Druid
Those Cho'gall nerds have no idea how to play.

>:[

On an unrelated note, it's quite interesting to see several mobs on the Isle of Thunder (and possibly in Throne?) doing regular melee damage... AS MAGIC. Like, there's Lightning Elementals that can have their melees blocked and avoided, but they do nature damage. It's kind of intriguing and makes me think they'll introduce a boss that maybe does pure magic damage through melee hits. This is great, since magic damage reduction abilities (like Divine Protection, Aura Mastery, HST glyph) should still work on them even though it's basically an autoattack.

Also would be cool if players could do that. I think Enhancement Shamans already can, since their autoattacks convert to ranged Nature damage AAs while they're Ascended, but it'd be cool to see other classes get similar abilities.
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/20/2013 8:20 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Warrior
Also would be cool if players could do that. I think Enhancement Shamans already can, since their autoattacks convert to ranged Nature damage AAs while they're Ascended, but it'd be cool to see other classes get similar abilities.

Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon
14 Night Elf Druid
Nono, like the auto attacks straight up do magical damage.

Like in my combat log I saw:
Lightning Elemental hit Kangarooster for 15000 Nature (5000 blocked).
And I was like wait what? How did I just block nature damage? And I realized it was an autoattack. Very different from a physical autoattack that procs magic on top of that.

I think they might even follow regular autoattack rules in that there's a sizable (20%+) glancing blows chance, but you won't see it from NPCs. I don't play an Enh Shammy so I don't know if their Ascended AAs work like these magical autoattacks, really.
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/20/2013 8:29 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
On an unrelated note, it's quite interesting to see several mobs on the Isle of Thunder (and possibly in Throne?) doing regular melee damage... AS MAGIC. Like, there's Lightning Elementals that can have their melees blocked and avoided, but they do nature damage. It's kind of intriguing and makes me think they'll introduce a boss that maybe does pure magic damage through melee hits. This is great, since magic damage reduction abilities (like Divine Protection, Aura Mastery, HST glyph) should still work on them even though it's basically an autoattack.

That was something they did back in Wrath, I believe. When the Wrath patch came out, it made a fight like Hydross easier on the gearing since you didn't need to get the resist set. I was completely surprised to see that change and I thought that was awesome. It's elemental damage at the end of the day, so what you're getting at will work.

TLDR; it's not new, but your theory still should work.
100 Pandaren Warrior
Nono, like the auto attacks straight up do magical damage.

Like in my combat log I saw:
Lightning Elemental hit Kangarooster for 15000 Nature (5000 blocked).
And I was like wait what? How did I just block nature damage? And I realized it was an autoattack. Very different from a physical autoattack that procs magic on top of that.

I think they might even follow regular autoattack rules in that there's a sizable (20%+) glancing blows chance, but you won't see it from NPCs. I don't play an Enh Shammy so I don't know if their Ascended AAs work like these magical autoattacks, really.

I know what you meant, was more of a joke than anything else.
It's pretty cool but whats the point in doing elemental damage if it can just be blocked like physical?

I've been watching these stupid shows like I Shouldn't Be Alive on Netflix while I was leveling and spamming heroics on my paladin and have kind of become addicted to them. Literally 9/10 of the reasons why the hikers and people in general (besides like plane crashes, or boats sinking) are because of them not telling anyone where they're going and how long they'll be gone. It really bugs me when I see people make those mistakes because its such a simple and basic rule of hiking especially when you go alone. It was one of the reasons why I had a hard time sympathizing with James Franco's character in 127 Hours even more so since he was an experienced and hardend "outdoorsman".

TL;DR: Tell people where you go if you go hiking or you'll annoy me.
Edited by Aiyanna on 4/20/2013 8:49 PM PDT
14 Night Elf Druid
Coolness. :P
100 Pandaren Warrior
Cookie dough ice cream is man's best invention.
90 Worgen Warrior
Cookie dough ice cream is man's best invention.

Quoted for empirical truth.
100 Human Warrior
Trial run with my new guild and we get two progression kills. Okay.

E: Primordius and Dark Animus. Iron Qon looks fun.
Edited by Darøs on 4/20/2013 9:14 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Warrior

I think its safe to say you have the spot.

Iron Qon and Twins are easyyyy.

Iron Qon is more like 4 little fights instead of one big one honestly.
Edited by Aiyanna on 4/20/2013 9:17 PM PDT
100 Human Warrior
Yeah. We've been trying to 2 heal Iron Qon with no one really having read up or watched videos prior to tonight, having trouble with Wind Storms, probably gonna try 3 healing it next time, but we'll be able to kill it easy.

E: Also I'm in love with this guild. Really relaxed and fun atmosphere during raids, but everyone knows to buckle down and do what they need to when it counts.
Edited by Darøs on 4/20/2013 9:27 PM PDT
14 Night Elf Druid
If you have enough DPS to kill last phase fast enough on Iron Qon there's no reason not to 2 heal it honestly. The first and last phases are the only healing-intensive parts.

Ji-Kun and onwards in 10 normal is a gimme, pretty much. Lei Shen is the only halfway-challenging boss in that whole last section; ToT is very front-heavy in normal modes.
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/20/2013 9:29 PM PDT
94 Pandaren Warrior
04/20/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Lowmaine
This sums up every LFR/LFD I do.

It's either Tichondrius or Dath'remar in my experience.

Area-52
100 Human Warrior
Ji-Kun and onwards in 10 normal is a gimme, pretty much. Lei Shen is the only halfway-challenging boss in that whole last section; ToT is very front-heavy in normal modes.

So far? Totally agree.

Megaera is way harder than Ji-kun wishes it could be. Still harder than Durumu, definitely harder than Primordius (I feel like he's trash pack difficulty) and Iron Qon is...sadly easy considering he's 10 out of 12 for the tier.

I haven't gotten to do Twins yet but I hear they're a joke and they look like a joke too. I'm looking forward to Lei Shen like you wouldn't believe :<

Are you the Holy Pally my guild recruited this past week secretly? She was 1/12 when she joined, hit 10/12 her first lockout raiding with us, two of which were progression kills for us (Animus and Iron Qon) Blew my mind how easy those guys were.
90 Undead Priest
So while doing Dark Animoose 10 on my lock I had to lock pet tank one of the adds. My Felguard decides to intercept to my add and kill itself and nearly killing me before I can summon a voidwalker. My Voidwalker then decides to taunt my add and nearly kill itself because it's stupid =(

I WAS FREAKING OUT ALL OVER.

Bahaha. I can just imagine you screaming at your monitor for the pet to stop derping :P
100 Worgen Warrior
H Firelands was very sexy to me today. Got my shoulders, chest and helm. Just need gloves now to complete it. Can't believe I got it in one run.
94 Pandaren Warrior

That happened with a H pally app.

And then on monday he just logged in at raid time and gquit
100 Pandaren Warrior
04/20/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Darøs
having trouble with Wind Storms,

If you have a warlock, have them put up a portal just near where you land during the storms and have it end where you'll end up fighting the actual boss. (Should be the little square near the entrance) Have the healers and ranged dps take the ports out, and as a warrior just heroic leap. Makes it pretty easy.
94 Pandaren Warrior
Our rogue tried to cheat tornados by ShSing to me.

He did it when I was in mid air and landed right in a tornado.
100 Human Warrior
Yeah. We have a warlock doing that, but some of the people that aren't assigned to port are having trouble. Heroic Leap is lulz, so I'm fine on that part. >_>

We're putting in more attempts tomorrow, hopefully, this guild is pretty casual and only raids 2 days a week, they only ever try to raid sundays if they're close to a progression kill. Iron Qon should be pretty easy if everyone is able to show up tomorrow, and then Consorts is another breezy boss. Then Lei Shen attempts, yay!
Edited by Darøs on 4/20/2013 10:07 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]