Sandstorm seriously bugged - FYI

1 Gnome Mage
here we go blizzard screwing up there own game. why cant they learn not to mess with things. basically congratulations blizzard you have removed a family that has a pretty cool ability and added it with something stupid, just because the iq of your fan base can not understand the ability at all. 50% reduction in damage when they are swapped in, is pointless to say it nicely. unless you are changing the fact that when you swap you lose a turn. so basically im substituting getting a free out of weather, so i can either be harmed by weather effects or benefit from it, for a free swap of pet. wow you guys at blizzard really suck!
Reply Quote
here we go blizzard screwing up there own game. why cant they learn not to mess with things. basically congratulations blizzard you have removed a family that has a pretty cool ability and added it with something stupid, just because the iq of your fan base can not understand the ability at all. 50% reduction in damage when they are swapped in, is pointless to say it nicely. unless you are changing the fact that when you swap you lose a turn. so basically im substituting getting a free out of weather, so i can either be harmed by weather effects or benefit from it, for a free swap of pet. wow you guys at blizzard really suck!

If they don't "Mess with things" the game becomes stagnant.

If you don't like this game, stop playing. Like, seriously. You can complain all you want but at the end of the day you're still giving them 15 bucks/month.... to complain no less.
Edited by Minkus on 4/24/2013 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
I feel that elementals being tied to weather is rather nice, avoiding blinding/dmg reducing/ increasing effects allows for some /excellent/ synergy between pets with weather and elementals. Perhaps clarifying how they interact would be in order, and cleaning that up, but I would oppose unlinking them to weather, because of just how many pets interact with it and the strategies that can revolve around them.

04/23/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Crithto
Aquatic: Harmful DoTs reduced by 50% (up from 25%)

I haven't used aquatic because their racial feels weak, they have a nice defense against undead which has a lot of dot based moves, but otherwise, there are very few long lasting dots of other attack types, in a way double stacking against a single race.

By far, aquatic I think needs a revamp, unless you're planning on changing what counts as a dot to a much broader scope.

Critters: Immune to CC completely

I love critters, right now, it's my favorite passive. Especially against all the KLR's etc. It's not easy to find a good one, but they are resistant to elemental (most every big dmg/stun move) and benefit from the CC reduction.

While fast critters already ignore CC completely, this is a /very/ strong race, and I'd be cautious in buffing it further

Magic: Cannot be dealt more than 35% of total health in one move (down from 40%)

I like the Idea of Magic passive, but in functional use, it's rather situational, unlike beast or flying, which is always useful. Even if you're dealing with a bursty pet, rarely is high dmg moves their only ability, and even when used defensively to save other pets, it's not guaranteed, and you will take a large amount of damage regardless, making it feel lackluster against anything other than a oneshot-esqe combo.

Also while on the topic of pet racials;

Dragons seem to activate when either they /or/ the opponent drop below 25%, and it feels just like an uncontrollable bonus finisher style ability, would love to see some way to plan around this

Who wins when an Undead kills a target on their "last life" It's been unclear and it feels like it's a stalemate, but at other times not.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
04/24/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Traimmy
here we go blizzard screwing up there own game. why cant they learn not to mess with things.

This is nonsense. Blizzard has done an amazing job of listening to feedback and improving the game so far. They clearly want the game to be as good as possible. Pet Battles started off really good and just keeps getting better.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Really? How about undead pets, if they win the fight as a whole on their immortal round, and they are the last pet left. You still die and it counts as a loss, even though he died first. I've lost so many hard battles I should have won because of that >:(

Please make it so Crintho! A perk that can't actually help you win isn't a perk.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
The changes to critters, aquatics and magic seem okay to me, but out of those three I think magic needs it the least.

Dragonkin is currently a fun racial to play with, you really have to time your damage right to utilize it. I can see how people might want something more straightforward. If you make it so it gives the buff after a kill that would be easier for people to understand. Seems okay, but somewhat unnecessary.

I'm a bit disappointed about all the talk of changing the Elemental racial. I actually really like it. Of course it's situational, that's what makes it interesting. Someone mentioned before that the elemental should be tweaked so that it only receives positive benefits from weather. If that can be done then please do it. That way the elemental racial still has it's elemental flavor. This idea of a swapping bonus really comes from out of the blue. The elemental racial should be tied to weather.

I also don't like all the talk of the Flying racial being bad or useless. I have always thought of Flying pets as the finesse pets of pet battles. Their speed makes them awesome against speed teams, but you have to be really careful about taking damage. Too much damage and they become useless. Kind of like a downed bird. Flyers have their place, please don't change them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
[quote]
  • Critters currently reduce the duration of crowd control effects by one round, which makes fast critters significantly more powerful. We'd like critters of all speeds to benefit equally from their passive, so we're considering making them immune to crowd control effects completely. This would include stuns, roots, and other incapacitating effects.

• This specifically seems a tad overpowered since many abilities play off of some of those CC effects. Off the top of my head all spiders that use 'webbed' modifiers, the kun-lai runt which uses a stun modifier, and I'm sure there are others I'm just not thinking of currently.

This might actually make most critters usable, though likely not.

The problem critters have is twofold:

1. Their racial is barely ever useful.

2. So many pets have beast-type attacks that they're countered before the match has even started.

Here's a critter racial that might make them usable: critters are immune to status effects, period.

No bleeding, blinding, chilling, snaring, stunning, etc. Critters are scrappers and thus "wiggle out" of everything, and that might very well be balanced by the fact that there are a butt-ton of beast-type attacks out there.

If not, nerf as needed, but the extreme lack of critters of ANY kind in the metagame says to me that critters could receive a substantial buff and still not be close to OP.

I ran a S/S rabbit on a few occasions (aka the only usable critter) and although I won a few matches with it, I also came up against so many friggin' beast attacks that I quickly retired it. It's also clear that people weren't using these attacks to counter critters but because so many of the "standard" attacks happen to be beast.

It's almost like Bliz just dumped attack types into the beast category when they couldn't think of any other type they should be...
    Edited by Destian on 4/24/2013 9:07 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest

Translation: OH GOD, YOU'RE RUINING MY STRATEGY!!! IMMA POST ON A LV1 ALT AND WHINE AT YOU, BLIZ!

Also, we can see your alts anyway...
    Edited by Destian on 4/24/2013 8:58 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    27 Pandaren Warrior
    Really? How about undead pets, if they win the fight as a whole on their immortal round, and they are the last pet left. You still die and it counts as a loss, even though he died first. I've lost so many hard battles I should have won because of that >:(

You didn't win the fight if you died first to become immortal.

He died after killing your pet.

Seems fine to me, as annoying as it can be sometimes.

Your opponent also loses, anyway. Counts as a draw.

/shrug
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    BnB
    How are you all doing today?

I know you don't often listen to me, but edit those names out. It will only get deleted.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    04/24/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Hearus
    How are you all doing today?

I know you don't often listen to me, but edit those names out. It will only get deleted.

I listen to you all the time. I've agreed with a number of things you've said, especially in the big thread started by a blue recently.

I don't always agree, which is only natural.
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Priest
    04/24/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Machival

You didn't win the fight if you died first to become immortal.

He died after killing your pet.

Seems fine to me, as annoying as it can be sometimes.

Your opponent also loses, anyway. Counts as a draw.

/shrug

If I die as mechanical I will come back to life and can still win the battle. Seems only fair to have the ability to win if/when your undead racial procs.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    BnB
    If I die as mechanical I will come back to life and can still win the battle. Seems only fair to have the ability to win if/when your undead racial procs.

If your mech racial and undead racial were the same thing you might have a point. Undead is already one of if not the very best racials. It is fine as is, imo.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    Maybe it should just be extra damage on pets below 25% health. Similar to the beast racial but based on the opposing pet's health rather than on the dragon's. This would give dragons that "always useful" quality you are looking for.

That sounds to me like a horrible nerf -- the extra damage will often just go into overkill. Being able to open on the next pet with a massive damage bonus is the whole point of the ability.

I suppose if they reworked the numbers to be 25% extra damage below 50% opponent HP rather than 50% bonus damage below 25% opponent HP, overkill would be less of a concern, though.

And most people can't stand lottery, it's why patch 5.3 is removing base miss/dodge since it's frustrating so many players.

I think you should be more cautious about saying what "most people" like or don't like. Unless you have conducted a survey with rigorous precautions to ensure a representative sample, which I seriously doubt. And 5.3 isn't removing miss/dodge; IIRC it's removing base dodge and making some more (not all) moves have 0% base miss. There will still be lots of moves with nonzero base miss and they'll even get slight damage buffs to compensate for it.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid

IIRC, you do, if you kill them on the same turn you died. It's only if you kill them on the zombie turn and the undead was your last pet that it counts as a draw. (I think that if you kill them on your zombie turn but both sides have more pets remaining, both sides pick their next pet simultaneously, without seeing who the opponent picked. This comes up pretty rarely though, so I could be wrong.)

Mechanicals can be (re)killed in the same round they failsafed under appropriate circumstances, undead can't even be killed in the next round. Undead is already very strong in trainer battles. (For leveling/catching it's not as good though, because you'll still be dead after the battle, which means you have to change pets or revive; you don't want to have to revive after every battle or your leveling/catching will go very slowly.)
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Shaman
    Posted by Stygimoloch
    Maybe it should trigger on a kill?

If the Dragon Racial triggered on a kill it would be way better.

Agreed on the dragon racial activating on kill as long as it is in ADDITION to activating at low HP.

Yeah, but then would it trigger on the low hp AND the subsequent kill as well? Seems like they were trying to get away from that with the last patch. Maybe it should just be extra damage on pets below 25% health. Similar to the beast racial but based on the opposing pet's health rather than on the dragon's. This would give dragons that "always useful" quality you are looking for.

Maybe just have it last 2 rounds instead of 1? Before the nerf, I would actually get more use for the dragonkin racial because I often have to heal the round it is active... and, of course, it tends to be overkill a lot of the time.

That said, it DOES proc on a kill now... unless it is a kill of something when the racial is already in effect.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Shaman

Please make it so Crintho! A perk that can't actually help you win isn't a perk.

Yeah. Currently it is just denying the opponent a win.
    Reply Quote
    27 Pandaren Warrior

A mechanical pet can still die after it comes back to life. In fact, a lot of multi-hit moves will "kill" a mechanical and then immediately kill it again, negating the "extra life".

An undead pet is literally invincible and there is no possible way to kill it during its extra turn.

It's not the same thing.
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Priest
    04/24/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Machival

A mechanical pet can still die after it comes back to life. In fact, a lot of multi-hit moves will "kill" a mechanical and then immediately kill it again, negating the "extra life".

An undead pet is literally invincible and there is no possible way to kill it during its extra turn.

It's not the same thing.

Wow! Can I get slammed anymore plz? Misinterpretations can be rampant on these forums.

I know it's not the same.

The point I was trying to make is that I would like it to be the last man standing wins. I do understand that the undead pet already died, but due to it's racial it is still on the playing field and not completely dead. I guess it just depends on what round your pet and the opponents pet dies during the undead racial to determine the win (or draw).

I just hate ties lol! in any sport
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]