AV long time no see

90 Tauren Druid
So, it's been about 4 years since I played AV "seriously". Nice to see that the Alliance wins that bg almost every time still.

This is a prime example of Blizzard being lazy. I just can't believe it's the same after all these years!

LOL, I guess I'll put this bg on my exclusion list while queuing.
Reply Quote
I have SSM and AB Blocked.

I just can't stand those 2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Speaking of which, my ally toon dinged 90 and I really wish AV cta wasn't 3 weeks away so I could gear him up quickly lol...alliance really do win just about every time.
Reply Quote
have SSM and AB Blocked.

2 of the MANY horde Biased maps. SSM is so bad its stinks of horde favoritism.
Reply Quote
pretty sure 100% of horde block ioc and av

Its hilarious since they are Horde Biased maps and you all loathe them. Even when blizz cheats for you on the maps , you still lose.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
CIA
Its hilarious since they are Horde Biased maps and you all loathe them. Even when blizz cheats for you on the maps , you still lose.

haha

cool story bro
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ITT: Horde players complaining about faux map imbalances

The only map in this game anyone should have a problem with is Silvershard Mines.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
None of the maps should have an imbalance. AV and IoC favor Alliance and SSM clearly favors Horde, all of which are compounded by the fact you can now blacklist them. The best solution would be to amend all 3 in a single patch. It's terrible and indefensible in it's current state
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Heartlis
AV and IoC favor Alliance

No they don't.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
04/06/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Bynir
AV and IoC favor Alliance

No they don't.

The AV map encourages the lazy "let's lose quickly to max honor points and requeue" Horde player, which in turn allows the lazy "I hate pvp so let's get this pve race over with" Alliance player to run unchecked and win.

Played correctly, obviously, there is no reason Horde should not win AV the vast majority of times. But, you know, people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Played correctly, obviously, there is no reason Horde should not win AV the vast majority of times. But, you know, people.

People are the worst. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So, it's been about 4 years since I played AV "seriously". Nice to see that the Alliance wins that bg almost every time still.

This is a prime example of Blizzard being lazy. I just can't believe it's the same after all these years!

LOL, I guess I'll put this bg on my exclusion list while queuing.

Before X-Realm AV for alliance on my server was a damn near 99% loss ratio vs wins.. Why is this you ask? Because the horde on my server are smarter than the rest, and they actually do this PVP thing that the horde in the rest of the game dont do when in AV or IoC.

Things like back capping Grave yards, towers, bases, ETC.. this stuff wins game. This is the stuff the alliance does in these games and the horde for what ever reason is brainless and just ignors the objectives and goes right for the end goal totally ignoring evrything that wins the game.

That and I think the horde are lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
have SSM and AB Blocked.

2 of the MANY horde Biased maps. SSM is so bad its stinks of horde favoritism.

04/03/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Flásh
pretty sure 100% of horde block ioc and av

So BG map "favoritism" is what you blame your losses on then?

Okay.

04/06/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Heartlis
AV and IoC favor Alliance and SSM clearly favors Horde, all of which are compounded by the fact you can now blacklist them.

How is your faux favoritism compounded by the ability to blacklist battlegrounds?

The best solution would be to amend all 3 in a single patch. It's terrible and indefensible in it's current state

Maybe it hasn't happened because this supposed map imbalance is all in your heads.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If you queue with a few friends and get in Vent or whichever voice service you prefer and back cap, I promise you will start to notice a few more AV wins.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you queue with a few friends and get in Vent or whichever voice service you prefer and back cap, I promise you will start to notice a few more AV wins.

and dont play during oceanic peak times
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/06/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Ppierre

and dont play during oceanic peak times

This is actually sound advice. Horrible horrible experience.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Before X-Realm AV for alliance on my server was a damn near 99% loss ratio vs wins.. Why is this you ask? Because the horde on my server are smarter than the rest, and they actually do this PVP thing that the horde in the rest of the game dont do when in AV or IoC.

That was also before EMFH(human racial) when horde was the PVP faction ... also you could have 45min+ ques times as horde, so it was important to win after waiting so long to play.
Lets not forget-
The horde also had a map advantage that was nerfed during early WotLK.

A lot has changed ... even reinforcements being added hurt the old Horde TP choke strat.

AV should have Random starting location ( horde get to start in the North sometimes) ... its the best way to give equal chances to the BG.
Reply Quote
Horde cry all the time about AV but I never ever see horde back cap maybe next time in AV you should spam chat everybody back cap we could win this.
Edited by Bdmxd on 4/6/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]