Eminence range a bit low?

90 Pandaren Priest
I was looking at the range, and I think that it's a bit low. They just upped disc to 40 yards, because it wasn't able to hit most people in the raid - making their healing somewhat worthless... I feel that monks healing falls under the same lines as disc priest - Damage/Heal, and the lack of range on the monks heal hurts their overall healing potential and causes a lot of over healing for those in melee range.... What do you all think? Also, monks have to maintain constant melee range which further hampers their healing potential. Priest do not suffer from this - being able to just stand back and nuke to their hearts content. This causes a two fold problem for monks vs priest when doing the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is definitely a problem in my books. Makes it very difficult for fistweaving to be useful in fights when the healing is straight up unable to reach the people who need healing. Really should be 40 yards to match our normal healing range.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Should be changed for sure, no reason that it's such a small radius, especially when you consider all of the benefits that priests have.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The range on Eminence is probably my #1 issue with it. It should be at least 30 yards (since, to play devil's advocate, we do have the ability to place the statue) but 40 would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
signed
Reply Quote
I support this topic.

/signed
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
And also why are they healing for half of what Disc priest are healing for? Not like DISC does any less dps than them...And they put a damage shield on them too!
Reply Quote
Does the Jade Statue have its own range as well?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

20 yards fist weaving 40 yards mist weaving if i remember right
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/07/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Valkysas

20 yards fist weaving 40 yards mist weaving if i remember right

you are correct sir.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Yeah Eminence is 20 yards from yourself. Eminence (Statue) is 20 yards from the statue.
That's why I said I'd be willing to settle for a 30 yard Eminence from both.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have both priest and monk.. at this point the priest does a LOT better with healing, both in terms of ease of dps, and heals for more based on their damage. Also, the priest doesn't have to constantly move etc... Right now Dics Priest >>>>> Monk fistweaving, by far
Reply Quote
I feel like straight eminence healing can out heal straight atonement healing. In my experience this tends to be true, however priests can manage to conventionally heal and atonement heal easily without difficult adjustment. That bothers me and feels unfair. The monk has to choose going into the fight what type of healing fight it is. It's like oh ok so is this a fight where we need an extra half a healer and half a dps or is this a fight where I need to be a healer. It seriously comes down to that awkward choice. And often I'm somewhat forced into one or the other because fistweaving or mistweaving is a choice determined by need not by preferred playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Right now Dics Priest >>>>> Monk fistweaving, by far

Not for long according to recent ptr changes...

Atonement is 80% of the damage done converted to healing down from 100%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_April_4-4_4_2013#priest
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
04/08/2013 10:02 AMPosted by Taichee
Right now Dics Priest >>>>> Monk fistweaving, by far

Not for long according to recent ptr changes...

Atonement is 80% of the damage done converted to healing down from 100%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_April_4-4_4_2013#priest

5.3, which isn't live. Also, even then that is VASTLY SUPERIOR TO MONKS at 80%, and the range is superior, and they don't have to worry about being in melee range.

Edit: It's red which means it didn't go live
Edited by Tinzen on 4/9/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]