5.3 PvP changes

I think people are just in a frenzy, I tried explaining the changes to someone in my guild but I swear it was like that scene from World of Roguecraft....
Edited by Searik on 4/5/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I think people are just in a frenzy, I tried explaining the changes to someone in my guild but I swear it was like that scene from World of Roguecraft....

STATIC DAMAGE
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
I don't see why PvP'ers cant still earn their iLvl 512 Elite gear and have it scaled down in "instanced' pvp like the PvE geared players.

Wouldn't this solve the wPvP issues and well as give PvP'ers something to work towards?

Only issue with this I can see is when 5.4 rolls around there's a chance that the 512 gear will barely be edged out by new conquest gear, which means less incentive next tier. Also, they said they were going to slowly increase the ilvl cap for pvp so that new PvE gear wouldn't be an advantage (due to how slowly players aquire conquest gear compared to PvE gear.) Which would put 512 pvp gear at an immediate advantage, which would just contradicts the changes made in the first place.

"which means less incentive next tier" -

I'd take less incentive next tier than alienating my core pvp'ers by giving them no incentive this tier. They are going to lose subs over this.

They could add fancy enchants, gems or even the OP PvE trinkets for CPs that could add incentive in the next tier.

"they said they were going to slowly increase the ilvl cap for pvp so that new PvE gear wouldn't be an advantage"

The ilvl cap for this season would stay at 496 for all gear. The 512 gear would be only viable in open world for wPvP and farming purposes.

I'd like to see it in "instanced" PVE such as LFR and scenarios but that's probably too much to ask for.
Edited by Boudecca on 4/6/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
PvE set bonus not work in instanced PvP

By the Gods, yes; please.

Even if this does happen, dodge/parry/mastery on the PVE gear will still beat out the PVP gear stats for tanks. What Blizz needs to do is make the PVP gear more attractive to FCs, like maybe actually giving them set bonuses to increase thier survivability vs other players. In the case of warriors removing the disarm set bonus and replacing it with battle stance dmg reduction does 0 for warrior FCs...
Edited by Satellizer on 4/6/2013 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I don't like having to get owned by pve players in world pvp. I like ganking and battling in the world, now pvers are going to stomp pvp geared players.

Also, I think blizzard should make it so you can give your alts honor gear. They give us jack crap to spend with honor gear after we cap out, at least let us give a portion to our alts. Then we can avoid the entire phase of getting owned for 20 hours plus because your gear is so bad ( doing that on my hunter currently), instead I could pvp on my monk and have some fun. Instead I have to cycle my time bging on my monk to get my pvp fix satisfied, then I have to basically go afk on my hunter or do stupid push back/cc stuff for entire bgs and only doing 2mil damage.

Pvping in full quest greens sucks.
Edited by Dragon on 4/6/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
impossible to catch up gear wise still which is why I dont like making alts

Not impossible, just takes time, and some losses on the way.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
"which means less incentive next tier" -

I'd take less incentive next tier than alienating my core pvp'ers by giving them no incentive this tier. They are going to lose subs over this.

They could add fancy enchants, gems or even the OP PvE trinkets for CPs that could add incentive in the next tier.

I personally don't get this mentality. I don't see how if you enjoy PvP and pushing rating each season is worthless if you can't get major upgrades. If they are keeping the IL cap in instanced PvP I really don't see why they couldn't give some sort of upgrade for 2200. But I think players who have grinded CP should be on level playing fields gear wise in instanced PvP so you don't have that hump to pass if you got in late the season or had to take a break.

And they shouldn't add anything that is truely OP. I think we are trying to get away from anything being too OP.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
04/06/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Satellizer

By the Gods, yes; please.

Even if this does happen, dodge/parry/mastery on the PVE gear will still beat out the PVP gear stats for tanks. What Blizz needs to do is make the PVP gear more attractive to FCs, like maybe actually giving them set bonuses to increase thier survivability vs other players. In the case of warriors removing the disarm set bonus and replacing it with battle stance dmg reduction does 0 for warrior FCs...

Unfortunately I really don't see them adding PvP set just for FCs. The disarm effect is also really going to hurt me FCing. but Dodge and parry still won't help much against spell cleaves but is def better than the alternative. I'm pretty much stuck running LFR every week hoping to get a FC PVE set till 5.3 it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You can't even gear alts in the current set up, and you'll never be able to catch up conq wise either even when you get t he honor set. Right now my hunter is getting trained by the other team because they know they kill me in 1-3 hits.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Right now my hunter is getting trained by the other team because they know they kill me in 1-3 hits.
Ummm malev gear has more res than tyran gear... are you sure it's the gear holding your hunter back?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yes I am sure troll, I only have 5 malv pieces and the rest are quest greens. Hence me complaining about gearing my alt. DUR
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Less complaining, more random BGS GOGO!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
moar afk in bgs until I have enough gear to play on my alt
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
And they shouldn't add anything that is truely OP. I think we are trying to get away from anything being too OP.

While I agree with you, check out the posts on the trinkets turning up in arena. They are bought with 1750 VPs. Take 'em out of pvp completely or offer them for CPs as well
.......just saying
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
But I think players who have grinded CP should be on level playing fields gear wise in instanced PvP so you don't have that hump to pass if you got in late the season or had to take a break.

Perhaps you missed this point:

The ilvl cap for this season would stay at 496 for all gear. The 512 gear would be only viable in open world for wPvP and farming purposes.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
As long as you can get your crappy vanity rewards from RBGs, this game will still have little incentive to play. Everybody knows RBGs are rigged with cheaters, the ratings are not even close to comparable to arena ratings, and that RBGs in general attract PvPers who are not themselves that skilled.

You can argue RBG requires skill and coordination all you want. But in the end you know it's just a class stacked, cookie cutter strategy, focus fire central with no real individual talent being displayed or even being allowed to be displayed.

As a healer I already feel cheated. The gear advantage I gained was one of the few things left I actually did enjoy in this game. Nowadays I'm getting cut down by any 2 derp dps who can hit 2 of their dps buttons and keep their stuns and silences on cooldown, sure doesn't feel too rewarding when I have to say "hurr if we fought in arena I'd win".
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
Unfortunately I really don't see them adding PvP set just for FCs. The disarm effect is also really going to hurt me FCing. but Dodge and parry still won't help much against spell cleaves but is def better than the alternative. I'm pretty much stuck running LFR every week hoping to get a FC PVE set till 5.3 it seems.

Yes and this is just plain wrong and good luck tanking in PvP gear to do it :(
Edited by Boudecca on 4/6/2013 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter

Please do not force us to do PvE content to be the "best" at PvP "instanced" or non-instanced.

Heroic-raid level will have an edge in world pvp -- not in random BGs, not in rateds, not in arena.

And if you think heroic raids are easy, you haven't hung out with people trying to do this tier's heroic raids. Dragon Soul it ain't.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Yes I am sure troll, I only have 5 malv pieces and the rest are quest greens. Hence me complaining about gearing my alt. DUR
You said "honor set"... that's malev gear. Not "trolling" at all. Also if you are doing arenas in half PvE greens you deserve to be 1-3 shot (that screams "I don't care"... at least get some dreadful).
Edited by Infestyx on 4/6/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]