So much hit on Ret gear right now

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Even after reforging everything out of hit as much as possible, I'm sitting at 9.5% >_>

Anyone else having this problem?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not yet, but I haven't lucked into that trinket yet. Also, managed to dodge the bullet on the hit sword, too.

I think it'll work itself out as more of the T14 gear gets replaced, 'cause there was a lot of hit floating about there, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Only thing I see that you could possibly do to lower it closer to cap is take out the 2 gems you have with hit on them and try to go haste with them if you can. You may be stuck with it for now though unfortunately.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No the hit gems are to make socket bonuses, they're required because they're better then what a 320 haste gem would give
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No the hit gems are to make socket bonuses, they're required because they're better then what a 320 haste gem would give

That's what I figured. I even loaded your info on mr. robot. Even he can't make a suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I was mainly curious how every other ret who has gotten ji-kun's trinket is doing atm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, I was mainly curious how every other ret who has gotten ji-kun's trinket is doing atm.

I throw handfulls of hit at the bosses to open now. I have so much to spare, its passed CS on recount!

REALLY wish I could get rid of more. haha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well for you, you could lose the hit/haste gems on your helm and shoulders, since I'd rather have the additional 320 haste than 180 crit + 60 strength for the socket bonuses
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Personally its better for me to be over cap than undercap... also don't gem crit strength in red sockets its always better to be 80 str 160 haste.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
wait, who's gemming strength/crit in here?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Your trinket is your problem. It's providing a ridiculous amount of excess hit.

I think the problem will fix itself as more Haste/Mastery gear drops for you that you can use to replace gear you're currently using with Haste/Hit such as your boots. That will probably solve your problem.

The crafted 522 boots would be perfect for you in your situation.

In the meantime unless that trinket is working wonders for you, try and replace it with the one I'm currently using. Spark of Zandalar The static haste on it is amazing and even though it takes a while usually to ramp up the strength bonus and duration is really good especially when it coincides with Avenging Wrath.
Edited by Vindicare on 4/7/2013 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I did my research and as of now, Ji-Kun in all tiers Heroic/Normal/LFR ranks as BiS for retadins, the proc is fairly constant and it ramps up from 1k-11k strength over 20 seconds. Combine that with AV+GoAK and the damage is godly. That said, if Zandalar would drop for me, I'd use it in the meantime until more haste/mastery gear is acquired, and if I could buy the 522 boots, I definitely would have lol.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Even if the trinket is BiS, all of that excess hit you have is killing your potential DPS output. I mean you have 10% less haste than I do, that's a big deal considering our ilvls are so close together.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Garotth's also not a Blacksmith and has far fewer yellow sockets than you, Vindicare.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Garotth's also not a Blacksmith and has far fewer yellow sockets than you, Vindicare.

That's true but he also has a Strength/Hit gem in his helmet instead of hit/haste as well as missing the Wraithion socket in his weapon.

Not saying it'd make up the difference but it'd help. Point with the trinket is that if he was using Spark of Zandalar raid finder version it'd be a net gain of about 800 haste over what he has now while also bringing down that excess Hit he currently has which is wasted stats.

Sure he won't get my 640 from being a blacksmith but with the raid finder version of SoZ and the Wraithion socket that's about 1150 additional haste rating while also losing about 700 extra hit he's carrying around. I don't think the difference in effectiveness between the two strength procs is worth the 800 or so static Haste.
Edited by Vindicare on 4/7/2013 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
All true, but one still has to get the stupid trinket first; Horridon may get all my coins next week for that very reason. >_<
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I too have EVERY single item that reforged from hit to just about any other stat. Even after reforging all of these items I am still about 1% over hit cap. Would help if Blizz would add a good DPS gem for blue sockets or changed the % of a stat that can be reforged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think this problem vanishes once you replace all you're t14 gears. That trinket does give too much hit.

I'm sitting at 7.57 hit atm even with the hit sword.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Editz: Yay for responding to a mild necro. Derp.

Yes, we have a lot of hit floating around. Be glad you're not stuck with the stupid hit sword.

A lot of your hit woes are due to pieces of gear you should eventually replace, like your chest and boots.

Your reforging is a bit off, you really need to cap off that Expertise.

Even if the trinket is BiS, all of that excess hit you have is killing your potential DPS output. I mean you have 10% less haste than I do, that's a big deal considering our ilvls are so close together.

The Feather from what I understand is worth it just for it's Proc alone, even if all it's Hit was wasted.

No the hit gems are to make socket bonuses

Replace them with Haste/Stam hybrids. The hit is entirely wasted, the stam is something, although since you're slightly below hit caps to begin with probably not worth it.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/24/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]