So much hit on Ret gear right now

90 Dwarf Paladin
An LFR Feather has almost half the required hit for raiding. All the hit on the rest of the gear this tier, it's almost impossible to not be over the cap.

Also, necro; let the dead rest peacefully!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
AskMrRobot has had me reforge under the hit and expertise caps. I was hesitant to do that at first but I have yet to see a miss, dodge or parry on anything other than a raider's dummy outside Stormwind.

Currently, I'm under the expertise cap but over the hit cap. I've reforged as much out of hit as I can, I don't have the feather and it's still 8.13% or something like that.

I don't really have a question that pertains to the OP's question, but I was studying his reforge and I'm curious as to whether you should take the +320 haste yellow gem, or the +80 str/+160 haste gem when either will give you the socket bonus. There seems to be preference for the yellow gem, but I have the orange ones since strength is our primary stat. I'm wondering about the logic to this one.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
It's because of the relative values of 1 haste vs 1 strength for each individual's gear. So far this expansion, 2 haste has given more of a DPS increase than 1 strength. Since the ratio of the stats on the yellow gem against the red gem is 2:1, as long as 2 haste remains a greater benefit than 1 strength, we will want to gem for haste. The difference isn't huge, but it still results in a DPS increase.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Not looking forward to it.

Been lucky for too long

Council sword + Feather can lead to "issues"

Despite the date, How many times has a similar thread popped up o.O?
Edited by Carbuncle on 5/25/2013 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm lucky thus far. It's definitely a good idea to save a few pieces of comparable ilvl to switch out when need be. If I get 1 more hit or expertise piece I'll be in trouble too. Thank god for bo-ris!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
i had that problem with expertise i just couldn't get rid of it but i finally replaced some of my old t14 stuff and it has evened out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Editz: Yay for responding to a mild necro. Derp.

Yes, we have a lot of hit floating around. Be glad you're not stuck with the stupid hit sword.

A lot of your hit woes are due to pieces of gear you should eventually replace, like your chest and boots.

Your reforging is a bit off, you really need to cap off that Expertise.

Even if the trinket is BiS, all of that excess hit you have is killing your potential DPS output. I mean you have 10% less haste than I do, that's a big deal considering our ilvls are so close together.

The Feather from what I understand is worth it just for it's Proc alone, even if all it's Hit was wasted.

No the hit gems are to make socket bonuses

Replace them with Haste/Stam hybrids. The hit is entirely wasted, the stam is something, although since you're slightly below hit caps to begin with probably not worth it.

Oh yeah this thread got necrobumped, at the time when I made this, I was sitting at 9.5% hit all reforged out. As others have said, the pieces got replaced and the problem was solved, however anyone who has the hit 2hander off Council should still have issues.

Also I didn't update my reforge, I got new shoulders off tortos and didn't bother fixing it, should be all up to date by now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Also, necro; let the dead rest peacefully!

I wouldn't really consider this a necro unless the information is outdated. Necro is a really subjective term already. There's no hard and fast rule for length of time since last post. A good rule of thumb is to go by whether or not the existing posts still apply to the current game. I often see the same people complain about duplicate topics and not using the search feature, that then turn around and complain about necroing something that still very much applies and has information relevant to the discussion.

In this case, if we were in a different tier of raiding now than when the topic was started, that would indeed be a necro, because the information would be outdated and confusing. In this case, we are still in this tier, everything still applies, and it's better to not add yet another thread on the same topic, for no reason other than for there to not be a gap of several days between comments.

A good forum system is one that both discourages duplicate topics, and also discourages posting in topics that have outlived their usefulness. Time shouldn't be the deciding factor at all.

One could make a legitimate complaint about my off topic post! Guilty as charged!
Edited by Bravehearth on 5/25/2013 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just to add a bit of info to the semi-necro, but there are several occasions at the t15 level where gemming haste/stam in a blue socket to get the bonus will help alleviate over hit issues. It is a bandaid, but stam will be more beneficial than excess hit in the long run.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So I FINALLY got my hit levels back to "not insane" levels.

Taken a while but I'm finally here. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]