Reborn weapon upgrading

90 Worgen Death Knight
hi all just wondering if you can upgrade the reborn weapons while someone is using them the same way you can enchant weapons if so please help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I had a related question about if the enchant was lost when you upgraded it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
No, you can't upgrade someone else's weapon, if it's already soulbound.

Yes, you lose the enchant, because reagents (including the weapon) are destroyed when creating the new item.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
Although the BS can. So use the 476 while waiting to make the 502. Or use the 476, making it BoP, win an LFR weapon and make a 502 BoE with your 476 BoP
Reply Quote
9 Orc Warrior
So basically what they did was make it so that if you aren't a BS you will probably never get these weapons. That is an insane amount to go through for a raid finder equivalent weapon. Was this intentional or does Blizz not want people to have these?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
No, each level of weapon is BoE so the BS can sell whichever weapon he wants.

Don't forget that if a BS has a better weapon they are going to sell what they can make as either weapons to use to transmog items.

I thnk Blizzard didn't realise that the 1 Lightning Steel ingot a day would make crafting the weapons too time consuming to be really worth it for most players.
Reply Quote
9 Orc Warrior
2 weeks just to get to the 476 weapon. If they made it so you didn't need to hold the old piece then it might be worth it but as is you can't even sell that in order to get some of you living steel for the new one.

Bad idea unless as I posted above this is intentional to keep anyone but BS from having them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I thnk Blizzard didn't realise that the 1 Lightning Steel ingot a day would make crafting the weapons too time consuming to be really worth it for most players.

No, they fully realize the time and resource commitment it takes to make these weapons. The primary purpose of these weapons was to bring back the models for transmog purposes...they just decided that it would be nice to make them usable weapons, too. I would of LOVED to have been able to make decent weapons for an alt back in WotLK prior to the ICC patch. For non-raiders this is incredibly nice.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
So basically what they did was make it so that if you aren't a BS you will probably never get these weapons. That is an insane amount to go through for a raid finder equivalent weapon. Was this intentional or does Blizz not want people to have these?

Yes, for the time being, the weapons are really limited to blacksmiths. However, by the time 5.4 rolls around, anyone rerolling their main toon will want one of those "LFR" weapons as soon as they hit 90 to speed through T14 and T15 content as quickly as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Although the BS can. So use the 476 while waiting to make the 502. Or use the 476, making it BoP, win an LFR weapon and make a 502 BoE with your 476 BoP

so if i was to use the lower of the item does that mean i can get a BS to upgrade it or cant a BS upgrade it once its soulbound
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
so if i was to use the lower of the item does that mean i can get a BS to upgrade it or cant a BS upgrade it once its soulbound

To clarify, the item has to be in the bags of the blacksmith for him to upgrade the weapon. It does not matter if the item is still BoE or soulbound to the character, as long as the item is in his bags.

If your character soulbinds the item, but is not a blacksmith, then the item cannot be upgraded unless you first level engineering and learn the necessary patterns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/06/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Jozie

Yes, for the time being, the weapons are really limited to blacksmiths. However, by the time 5.4 rolls around, anyone rerolling their main toon will want one of those "LFR" weapons as soon as they hit 90 to speed through T14 and T15 content as quickly as possible.

They may want it, but very few will be available and the price will still be too high for most. 1 Month to make one weapon, assuming daily crafting of the ingots will greatly limit the number of them. This assumes the ability to stay stocked in ghost iron too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
MY question is i have the 476 and will get a 502 but should the reborn go up more tiers to make and make it a 522 and possibly BIS besides the legendary quest chain? If need to make it more mats and days but seems that if your willing to put in the work a 522 reborn weapon should work and would look pretty sweet be close to there 522 counterparts. Especially for those who may never step foot in a regular 10man.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No, you can't upgrade someone else's weapon, if it's already soulbound.

That's really lame and shortsighted of them.

If there was a 522 version it would have to use haunting spirits.
Edited by Brudarek on 4/10/2013 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

What's bad about it exactly? The weapons themselves are used as mats to create the higher tiers, if they made it so you could trade soulbound weps to be upgraded then that would drastically reduce the sale value of them.

Better question is knowing the weps have higher tiers why craft a lower tier weps with the intent to sell it when the 502 t3 weps actually will have value to them compared to the 476 MSV tier weps? Whether they could be upgraded or not later it's a massive waste of mats to make a t1/2 wep and sell it off when it already takes 30 days to make a t3 wep which actually will have a much larger value to it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight

If there was a 522 version it would have to use haunting spirits.

Which is why the weapons should have remained BoP and limited to players who leveled blacksmithing. But then Blizzard would have had to create new "Molten Front" weapons in addition to the reborn weapons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]