A Crossroad of Choice

I wish to know What is a good choice for a healer, out of all of them, for rbgs/bgs i tried shaman, my heals never seemed to be strong enough to save me, i have not tried resto druid or mw monk, and paladin well.. paladin has some nice things, but when im being mauled by only 1/2 i feel overwhelmed and have not the tools to get !@#$ off me
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Any and all healing specializations can excel at battlegrounds when put in the hands of an experienced player. Find a healer whose play style you enjoy the most and practice, practice, practice.
Reply Quote
Yeah, i can easily pick up anything, but as i said, i just want a class that i can create some breathing room to heal, i really had getting a rogue or something on me, they just like... RAGE being a rogue i never knew how annoying i could be, i can almost never get a cast off, with the shaman i was always running at slow speed and couldn't cast, i just want one that can peel for itself and has some instants
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, i can easily pick up anything, but as i said, i just want a class that i can create some breathing room to heal, i really had getting a rogue or something on me, they just like... RAGE being a rogue i never knew how annoying i could be, i can almost never get a cast off, with the shaman i was always running at slow speed and couldn't cast, i just want one that can peel for itself and has some instants

Druid's are the one's with the highest mobility of our group but I am honestly unsure of how they are in PvP at this moment. Might be something to look up if you're interested.

Rogues and healers have never been friends but I'm trying to figure out what you mean by running at slow speed with a Shammy. Shammy's have a couple of different slows they can use along with Earthgrab which either roots an enemy in place or slows their speed down till they can kill the totem. I haven't PvP'ed on my Shammy in MoP but in Cata I usually threw out Earthshock, totem, RT on myself and then ghost wolf to get away. If I was taking a lot of damage I would to toss ES on myself though couldn't have it permanently on as it would mess up my mana regen after a few minutes.

In fact, I found it usually pretty easy to free myself from people and flee. We also have Spirit Walker's Grace every few minutes that allows us to run and cast though is susceptible to spell steal (which I still think needs some fine tuning) and dispell. You also have access to healing totems to toss out as you flee.

Paladin's are still in a really good spot as far as both BG's and RBG's are concerned.

Granted I've never bothered with RBG's and only do randoms when the PvP itch strikes or to blow off some frustration but if your team's not competent to peel off you then you're going to have issues to begin with regardless of which class you play. Rogues were always the bane of my existence on many toons (including back when I was on a PvP server) but if that's the only class you're basing your choice of healer on perhaps you should widen your net a bit. Especially since Shammys are still doing really well in this season.
Reply Quote
Like i said with shamans my heals did not feel powerful enough, i do not have any strong instant casts, unless im doing it wrong, Cause anything that remotely moves my hp has to be casted, i get interrupted, i have like one tool to get melee off of me, and that is my totem, but they i cannot get away far after they root me, so i just get mowed down druid mw or priest seems like better choices for pvp, simply because they can do stuff that without a doubt gets people off
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
While normally Resto uses Earthliving on their weapon you can choose to go with Frostbrand instead and use Unleash Elements. Frost shock is also a slow. While the totem is important it's not our only tool. Ghost Wolf also allows us to put distance between us and our enemies. Hex does have a cast time but getting it off on someone pounding your face again gives you time to Ghost Wolf and put distance between you and them. As a healer though don't count on Hex lasting the full time since we have no real hit table. I've also bound Mage's elementals just because it annoys them and takes away one of their AoE abilities.

I have a Priest and I'm trying to think of how many instant casts she has. There's Penance since she's Disc and PW:S. I suppose Renew could be tossed in there but it's not all that worthwhile in Disc. Penance is the only real one that is an true instant cast heal. My hard cast heals out side of Flash Heal (which has a comparable time to Healing Surge) all take around the same time as my Shammy.

It's fine if you aren't big on Shammy's for PvP - we are a hard casting class. Earth Shield is nice to have on a FC or on yourself if you're in trouble. We do however have multiple ways to get away from enemies including multiple ways to slow them and it can make us very slippery to catch up to (as evident by the large number of ranked Resto Shammys in both this and last season).

It sounds more like you're being focused on and not getting team support then a failure of any class. If you're getting silenced/interrupted instant casts are only going to get you so far. True instant casts have cd's, and HoT's can be wiped and may not tick for high enough amounts for you to live long enough to get away. While Penance is instant cast it is a channeled spell that can also be interrupted or silenced, losing you part or half the heal and earning you the same cd in the meantime. My Priest's Bulwark talent is really nice to have though.

A lot of it really depends on your team. In randoms it's always going to be a crap-shoot. I've gotten really good teams that peel for me constantly while I've kept them alive and I've gotten bad teams that whine about losing when they're unfocused, all over the map, trying to do 1v5 and just not going after the goals of the BG. RBG's are a different story if that's what you really want to get into and at that point you should have team members who know how to peel so you can keep them alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]