Trinkets... Help?!

90 Worgen Priest
So I was looking up trinkets recently and although I found some helpful information, I'm still not clear what's best for me.

I currently have:
Fully upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji
Fully Upgraded Normal Spirits of the Sun
LFR Inscribed Bag of Hydra Spawn
aaanndd... Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan

SO... I *love* spirit. I put it on all my gear. I bubble on the whim (not counting my rapture return shields on tanks) so I like to have a buffer on my mana. Don't judge me!

I was thinking of replacing Relic with Hydra but not sure if it's worth it due to the meh procs. Which two trinkets should I equip? Should I even rock the Relic or should I replace it with Spirits?

I really suck at math and have no idea which procs are the best. I also have very little desire to test them out on dummies for myself because I really wouldn't know what to look for to know what a "good" proc rate is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Quick answer: Bag of Hydra Dung is dung. Dump it. It really isn't worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I would stick with the Relic and the Spirits of the Sun. The LFR Hydra Spawn has a high proc rate, but extremely low actual healing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest

Lol. Alright. The spirit isn't worth it either?

I would stick with the Relic and the Spirits of the Sun. The LFR Hydra Spawn has a high proc rate, but extremely low actual healing.

Would you only recommend equipping the heroic version then? Normal and LFR not worth it in comparison to previous trinkets?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Would you only recommend equipping the heroic version then? Normal and LFR not worth it in comparison to previous trinkets?

The proc does ~1% of my healing while the static int from those other trinkets would most likely up all my healing around ~4-5%. It just really isn't worth using. Even with rapture considered I wouldn't equip any version of it.

Overall, I'd recommend the upgraded spirits and soothing talisman (if you can manage to use it well). If on-use mana isn't your thing then your relic is extremely similar in stats to spirits.
Edited by Crzed on 4/9/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Overall, I'd recommend the upgraded spirits and soothing talisman (if you can manage to use it well). If on-use mana isn't your thing then your relic is extremely similar in stats to spirits.

What would using it well be? I have just kinda been scrambling in a use mid-way through my shadowfiend cd.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What would using it well be? I have just kinda been scrambling in a use mid-way through my shadowfiend cd.

Using it as early as possible in the fight (ie, as soon as none of the mana will go to waste) in order to get more use later.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Okie dokes. Thanks all. =]
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I'm using the extra Spirit because I only had access to the normal Polarizing Seal. But I actually want the Horridon Trinket and the Lei Shen trinket. With that said, the Relic is extremely overbudget for its ilvl and actually provides a really strong level of regen. The Spirits of the Sun is also a highly active trinket. If you had access to the Normal version of the Seal off of WoE, I would say use that over Spirits.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
H Qin-Xi's 2/2 is more valuable for a Disc Priest than H Spirits 2/2, if you're talking about regen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
H Qin-Xi's 2/2 is more valuable for a Disc Priest than H Spirits 2/2, if you're talking about regen.

Yes, but I don't have access to it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Lol. Alright. The spirit isn't worth it either?

You'd basically be choosing your trinket slot to be ONLY a +Spirit stick. Right now I still only have a non-upgraded LFR Spirits of the Sun, and I vendored the Bag of Hydra LFR that I got.

I'll pick up the VP trinket eventually, just not a high priority.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Doesn't really change for normals; just ilvl thing.

Easier to get H Qin-Xi's than H Spirits in any case
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/09/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Kangarooster
Doesn't really change for normals; just ilvl thing.

Easier to get H Qin-Xi's than H Spirits in any case

Depends on your group. H Spirits was super easy for me to get.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
For your situation, sure; in a 25H progression guild it's likely that almost everyone has what they need from H MSV. But to put an openraid pug or whatever together or just from a time/effort point of view, H MSV is an absolute pushover now.

I mean seriously, we brought half our mains to H MSV the other week and I'm PRETTY sure if we had pushed it we could have killed Elegon before his second pillar phase ended
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/9/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hold onto hydra instead of deleting just in case they fix it. I've got it on but only because it was a 50 ilevel jump over my last trinket. Once I get something else it's gone. It really is that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Soothing Talsiman > 2/2 Relic > 2/2 N-SotS > Hydra

Note that the Relic and N-SotS are basically the same, except that the Relic's is like 1 ilvl higher in terms of stats it gives. The fact that both are 2/2 upgraded doesn't change their relative goodness.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Regen trinket spreadsheet courtesy of the fantastic Holy Paladin, Miskatonic (I had nothing to do with it):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApxcN9CJscOfdGZ5UnV3OUdoYUhPaVZ1QnVBb013NWc#gid=0

enjoy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Basically what these guys all said, maybe hang onto it in case blizz decides to make it worth equiping, otherwise its junk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]