Rogues doing too much damage in PvP 5.2

Rogues are doing a bit too much damage in PvP at the moment. They are supposed to have openers and such but when your getting hit with 130k Eviscerates and 70k backstabs etc its too much. Not to mention 90K ambush. They are supposed to have a high burst and such which they do but the damage otherwise is a bit high I would say. Today a rogue killed my warrior in a stun chain without bursting. And their team name was "Rogues are Broken"

I mean I know its nice they are back in the game since 5.1 (when they did 0 damage) but they got a bit too scaled.

Thoughts?

(I know I have posted this in a different thread but I didn't see the Damage Dealing Forum)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I am a rogue, my damage isn't too bad. If I am getting 70k backstabs they are undergeared, 130k evis isn't too common but can happen. That being said, if any dps gets on me I have to run or die. If you want to tone down my damage please give me something to not die in any stun, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
From the vids I've seen, damage against a geared opponent isn't too big. All our attacks are instant so if you are under geared you will melt.

They're kinda fixing this with the resilience change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Their short burst damage definitely has to be nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Personally I've found a rogue can kill me in the opener (I have 63% resil) if I don't pop ALL defensive CDs and trinket the cheap shot. Really if my trinket is down, and a rogue is coming, if there is no healer nearby I'm dead.

Rogue damage is a little excessive which I would argue is because of Subterfuge, allowing the Rogue to get of a cheap shot AND THEN spam ambushes for the next three seconds, while Cheap Shot and Ambush were originally designed to be mutually exclusive, so you either used Cheap Shot or Ambush. Now with this talent you can use both.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/09/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Teble
70k backstabs

uwotm8

but seriously, that must be a huge gear difference between the target and rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
@ Mothras: do you even know how much an ambush cost outta Sdance?.... you cant do much with 130 energy when only 2 ambushes cost 120. who in the hell would die within 4 sec fully geared ? and specially a druid that can pop all their defensive Cd while stunned.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is a large part of the issue.

Sure, rogue damage is strong even without it, but it tips the scales a pretty obnoxious amount. The strength version can do the same thing.

I've seen people take 170k eviscerates vs people using it in arena, comparably geared.

Venruki took a 150k kill command from a hunter using one earlier in the week. There's a SS floating around somewhere. Those kind of numbers are usually unheard of in PvP, but it's certainly happening.

uwotm8

but seriously, that must be a huge gear difference between the target and rogue.

Do you have the trinket? You should try it out with another agi proc trinket and your synapse springs. I think the numbers you see yourself hit might be a little higher than you'd expect. (or maybe you're intentionally trying to downplay the damage since you're a rogue, who knows)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Do you have the trinket? You should try it out with another agi proc trinket and your synapse springs. I think the numbers you see yourself hit might be a little higher than you'd expect. (or maybe you're intentionally trying to downplay the damage since you're a rogue, who knows)

No, I would rather play pvp as intended and not with a pve trinket, also synapse springs activation incurs a 20 second cd on trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
04/14/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Starbûck

No, I would rather play pvp as intended and not with a pve trinket, also synapse springs activation incurs a 20 second cd on trinkets.

haha, yeah, I know. I have like 4x engineers! That's why I said another Agi proc trinket rather than on-use.

Either way though props for choosing not to use one. They are pretty imba atm if you can line them up on someone (which isn't typically hard as a rogue since they'll proc in the opener generally)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Their squishy tho?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/14/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Starbûck
70k backstabs

uwotm8

Got hit by a rogue with tyrannical weapons + full malev (with a few tyran pieces) and wasn't taking those kinds of hits. Rogues are bit too strong atm, but this is stretching.
Reply Quote
I got shat on by MfD earlier today. Had to get a screenshot.

I have 67% Resil in my Resto set.

http://i.imgur.com/O5z33O6.jpg

Eviscerate hit you 148570 (Critical)
Garrote damaged you 7222 (Critical)
Shadow Blade hit you 12722
Melee hit you 9531
Eviscerate hit you 148181 (Critical)
You died.

Armory of the character that did it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Andyxo/simple

Human rogue, using a PvE trinket.
66% Resil
52% PvP Power
Reply Quote
Ok so it's the pve trinket. Not rogues. So get rid of the trinket. But rogues dmg without the trinket isn't overpowered. Also I guess 200k chaos bolts and warriors popping 1 shot macros is fine with everybody.
Reply Quote
Also I guess 200k chaos bolts and warriors popping 1 shot macros is fine with everybody.

Chaos bolt has a pretty hefty cast time, and warriors with their swifty macro still aren't killing me as fast as that rogue did. That rogue did 314,776 damage to me in three globals. Evis, MfD, Evis.

That doesn't take any setup either. First five combo points is all you need for that. Yeah, you've gotta get the crits, but boy oh boy that's a ton of damage if you do.

The instance with my case in particular is because it's a human rogue, that rogue was using a 528 Thunderforged PvE trinket with +1552 mastery, and mastery for Sub rogues increases damage of finishers. That rogue has 53.96% mastery, which I'm going to assume is kinda high.

That won't be as big of a deal though in 5.3 with the downscaling for BG and Arena.
Edited by Mungoh on 4/16/2013 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
They really just need to make PvE trinket inactive in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah. Keep in mind that rogues in mostly honor gear, is gemmed mostly defensively, and doesn't have good professions (one isn't actually even leveled, yet) In addition the PvE trinket he's using isn't even the one that's most complained about. It actually has about 1000 or so less agi on the proc.

He could've bursted harder than that.

Ok so it's the pve trinket. Not rogues. So get rid of the trinket. But rogues dmg without the trinket isn't overpowered. Also I guess 200k chaos bolts and warriors popping 1 shot macros is fine with everybody.

Link a SS of a 200k Chaos bolt on a full resil player. Chaos Bolt takes build up and is a long easily interruptable cast. Warriors popping 1-shot macros don't 1-shot anymore. In fact their burst is considerably more tame since Taste for Blood has been reworked.

Try harder.
Edited by Zildjian on 4/16/2013 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
*debates about rogues in forums*
*shows high numbers*
*random people see and roll rogues to achieve those numbers*

the cycle is complete. lulz
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
I got shat on by MfD earlier today. Had to get a screenshot.

I have 67% Resil in my Resto set.

http://i.imgur.com/O5z33O6.jpg

Eviscerate hit you 148570 (Critical)
Garrote damaged you 7222 (Critical)
Shadow Blade hit you 12722
Melee hit you 9531
Eviscerate hit you 148181 (Critical)
You died.

Armory of the character that did it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Andyxo/simple

Human rogue, using a PvE trinket.
66% Resil
52% PvP Power

EMFH scales with current tier trinkets, and allows this sort of nonsense.
Been the same since it's inception, minus a month where it was a 3 min cd and the freaking skies opened up with tears.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]