Are Hunters hard to play?

90 Human Death Knight
Hello im wondering how hard a BM hunter is to play im pretty decent with keybinds but am I going to be overloaded with them and how is pet control?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Low skill floor, high skill cap. If you want to play a hunter well, You need to have keybinds for your keybinds.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
I find that UH DK's are easier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Micro management at its finest....oh wait, not since like 1.6, so much is auto now. Pets can attack on their own, pets don't have happiness, pets don't eat, everything is autocast, autoshot on the move, cobra/steady shot on the move...heck the hardest thing anymore is making sure serpent sting doesn't fall off.
Reply Quote
hasn't been true since the expansion released

edit: this class is !@#$ing retard friendly
this
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
pet AI is annoying as hell, thats for sure. its prolly one of the VERY few (mostly) untouched aspects of this game from back in the day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
pet AI is annoying as hell, thats for sure. its prolly one of the VERY few (mostly) untouched aspects of this game from back in the day.

Oh no, not like back in the day. Anyone who jumped down in Sunken Temple before dismissing their pet knows what I mean. I think the worse part was just waiting for the pain train to get there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
04/10/2013 05:07 AMPosted by Morphean

Oh no, not like back in the day. Anyone who jumped down in Sunken Temple before dismissing their pet knows what I mean. I think the worse part was just waiting for the pain train to get there.

its not THAT bad, but its certainly got a long way to go.

the worst part was the damn channeling aspect to mend pet. oh and always having the wrong food for your pet.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think Hunter's discrepancy between playing well and mastering it is the biggest among all classes: it's really easy to just use Hunter's Mark/Serpent Sting/<input your main dps attack here> x99999 (or until Focus depletes out)/<Cobra Shot x2 (or Steady's, if u're MM)/<more damage>/<DAMAGE>/<maybe Kill Shot... otherwise, D.A.M.A.G.E>... and so on...

Now, to take down a Ret. Pally or a Disc. Priest... you need -> SKiLLz <- .

Play hard, train harder, win even harder. That's every Hunter motto.
Edited by Trolligado on 4/10/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Playing a hunter in higher arena or RBG brackets is where our class's shortcomings come to fruition and the skill cap jumps tremendously. You have to manually beat awkward scatter trap mechanics, keeping our incredibly squishy pet alive, next to no self heals, and an ever changing sustained damage to burst ratio. Also, pet mechanics :X.

But, for a casual player doing basic things, hunter has always been an easy class to play and thus words like "Huntard" are common place because of the great number of not so stellar players that are drawn to the class.

Keybinds are ok, pet mechanics have frustrated me for 7 years.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Well if your going to play a Hunter well, your going to neeed allll the space in your macro page. both the general and char.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
thanks for the replys :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]