Gold spamming in calendar , How to stop it?

100 Draenei Priest
This gold spamming by the calendar has appeared out of no where and has gotten really nuts in the last few days. How about something like if they are not in your guild or on your friends list they cannot invite you to events. It is pretty annoying having to remove this invites across all my toons multiple times a day. On a side note i wonder if this is why the servers seem to be lagging the last few days at times.
90 Gnome Warlock
I have a solution.

1. ) Make a new macro (type /macro, hit enter), name it anything you like, choose any icon, does not matter.

/run for 1,(CalendarGetNumPendingInvites()) do for i=0,90 do for y=1,31 do t,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,iB =CalendarGetDayEvent(i,y,1) if iB=="" or t=="TITLE" then CalendarContextInviteRemove(i,y,1) end end end end

2. ) Copy+Paste the above code into the macro window

Replace TITLE, with the name of all these events (they will most likely ALL be the same)

3.) Click the macro.

:), I hope this helps
10 Undead Warrior
Is there a reason I don't have the report player option when right-clicking the event on the calendar? Am I clicking in the wrong place? I'd like to report this before I remove it from my calendar.

http://i.imgur.com/bqQkOvF.png
43 Pandaren Monk
I think you have to decline the invitation before you can report it.
90 Human Priest
All you need to do is right-click on the invitation itself in the calendar and report the player. That automatically removes that event.
As well, if you ignore the player, the invitations are all removed.

That isn't completely true Rufflebottom. I tried that on my hunter who had this issue, and even though it was the same person spamming me, I had to individually delete each event, so the auto-block and remove system still has some faults in it.
10 Undead Warrior
I think you have to decline the invitation before you can report it.

No dice. Even if I decline the invitation first, this is what I get when attempting to right-click the event again.

http://i.imgur.com/0lNHmxG.png

If I select remove, it just goes away with no option to report.
Edited by Seneselina on 4/14/2013 10:15 AM PDT
10 Undead Warrior
I have a solution.

1. ) Make a new macro (type /macro, hit enter), name it anything you like, choose any icon, does not matter.

/run for 1,(CalendarGetNumPendingInvites()) do for i=0,90 do for y=1,31 do t,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,iB =CalendarGetDayEvent(i,y,1) if iB=="" or t=="TITLE" then CalendarContextInviteRemove(i,y,1) end end end end

2. ) Copy+Paste the above code into the macro window

Replace TITLE, with the name of all these events (they will most likely ALL be the same)

3.) Click the macro.

:), I hope this helps

This doesn't work. gave me an lua error pertaining to the calendar.
100 Human Paladin
Something has changed on the servers. I started playing this past December and never had my calendar spammed nor had characters receive phishing emails until the last couple of days. Now I am getting year full gold spamming and daily phishing emails to join the nonexistent Beta.
91 Pandaren Priest
If you're receiving them daily, it's time to change your battle.net email address. Google offers an authenticator of their own for an email.
Edited by Moogle on 4/14/2013 10:54 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Sorry that should be the character in game mail address not the one used for my battle.net account.
100 Pandaren Mage
oh come on.. why the hell doesnt blizz already have the option of having an auto decline on all calandar invites

or make it only realid/battletag/in game friends can invite u via calandar..
100 Human Paladin
Why are people not on my friends list able to invite me to crap?

why are they? It seems to me this was a potential spot for abuse..
100 Blood Elf Priest
Sometimes you get it marked on a different month. I have to browse through all of it just to find that stupid invite and report it. Its a hassle to see that crap blinking on more than 10 of my alts =_= Can we have a level cap as to who can make a calendar? Like 80+ only?
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you're receiving them daily, it's time to change your battle.net email address. Google offers an authenticator of their own for an email.

It doesnt have anything to do with your email address -_-
100 Human Paladin
I tried to report them but there is no option to do so.

I just removed the invite on each character that received the spam invite.

But theres no way to report them in game presently.

If you right click you should get an option to report the user. I found that the first report gets an error and doing it a second time will report the abuse. Subsequent reports reported on the first try. As soon as I reported it removed the entry from my calendar.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I just noticed something interesting (to me at least)...every player listed on the invites I'm getting were part of an Oondasta raid a few days ago.
97 Gnome Mage
I just noticed something interesting (to me at least)...every player listed on the invites I'm getting were part of an Oondasta raid a few days ago.

Could be just doing a /who for it. The character I got the invites on hasn't grouped with other players since early Cata.
90 Human Death Knight
Why is it even an option for a non-guildie/non-friend to add crap to our calendars anyway?
Disable that feature, destroy the problem.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]