Gold spamming in calendar , How to stop it?

100 Dwarf Hunter
was about to make a post about this.this is like the 3rd or forth days of having <removed> spamming the guild Calendar in a raid form.they have it for one day for each month til December.

Kamille, you know better then that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How about the option to not accept non guild Calendar invites? It kind of defeats the purpose of regulating a guildies calendar access when some gold farmer can spam the guild calendar.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Guild calendar events can only be created by someone who is a member of the guild and whose rank has ben given permission to do so. The gold seller spam is populating your personal calendar, anyone can create an event and invite random players to it and it will appear on the invited players )personal) calendar.

It only takes a couple of seconds to right click/decline, right click/report.
Personally, I'd rather spend a moment cleaning it up than have to jump through a bunch of hoops to create or receive legitimate invitations.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Mage
The invite I'm getting comes from a site that uses paypal so I went to the sites live chat to inform them that I placed a complaint with paypal about their phishing practice. They were not happy about that. lol I did go to paypal to inform them of the practice as well. I'm confident that they will hear from paypal.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
Frozu,

Many of those phishing sites have malware on them that can infect the unwary simply by going to the site. Please be sure to do a FULL (not quick) Malwarebytes scan with the game up and gibberish in the login fields. When done, do a FULL virus scan. Always best to be on the safe side.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
When the calendar system first went in, my old guildleader discovered that you could invite basically anybody you wanted to it and we concerned that it could be abused, but we were on a low enough pop server that we never really got any spam with it before people just forgot the feature existed because it didn't serve our guild/server's needs at all. About all I've ever used it for was marking expected dates for hitting exalted/full exalted with Bloodsail back when I was doing the Jazzrik grind pre-cata.

Bloodscalp is even lower pop than it used to be (I think my guild was the last 25-man raiding guild on the server and we moved off last May) but I actually just got one of the gold calendar invites on my bank alt today (I'd been getting them on everything on Bleeding Hollow, though I figured that was just because that server actually has more than 35 alliance 90s on at prime time :P)

Has anyone come across an addon to remove the "there are pending events on your calendar" notification from the calendar button on the UI? I haven't needed it before but uh... if they're even hitting _BLOODSCALP_ I'm definitely going to need it now :/

(Clarification edit: I don't mean an addon that'll automatically decline and delete the invites, I can do that manually if I have to. I mean just to stop the flashing question mark because if that crap pops up in the middle of a raid again and I get the raid killed because it catches my eye and takes my attention away from Ionization or something, NOBODY will be happy about it haha)
Edited by Basanti on 4/26/2013 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
Yes, someone did post about an addon but I don't know if anyone tested it or not http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568400181
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's getting out of control! I logged into my alts to do my daily crafting cool downs and had an invite every month from 5-6 gold spammers!

5-6 invites in a single day from 5-6 different gold spammers all working for the same company, spread 1 day of every month all the way to the end of the calendar.

What I think Blizz needs to do is make it to where you can ONLY be invited by people on your friends list or people in your guild. Doing that would shut down the entire gold spammer calendar invite issue.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
What I think Blizz needs to do is make it to where you can ONLY be invited by people on your friends list or people in your guild. Doing that would shut down the entire gold spammer calendar invite issue.

Unfortunately that also drastically impacts the ability of groups to:

Pug

Organize non guild events

Organize non guild raid teams
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Pug

Which is why I included "Friends List" in there as well. It's not that hard for real people to add each other to their friends list.

If I DON'T add you, it means I don't want to be invited by you.

Edit: OR have a level requirement to create calendar events. Level 15 should be perfect. Level 15 is when you can finally start to do dungeons and no gold spammer is going to spend an hour or two leveling to 15 just so they can spam for an hour before getting locked.
Edited by Demoneta on 4/26/2013 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
That and people who are on your friends list. One way or another only people you give explicit permission to and not just and Joe Shmo gold spammer.
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Druid
Reporting them for now is best. There should be an option for that in the calendar interface by right-clicking.

This seems to have gotten very popular in the last few days, and I have alerted the folks that need to address this.

All well and good... reporting if there was one or two... but in my case, there was about 20 different calendar spams (two invites on two days in each month through December 2013).

That means having to file 20 "reports" and the system requires so many mouse moves and clicks, I now have carpal tunnel in my fighting fingers of my mouse hand :(

You need to light a bigger fire under the dev's hineys. At the very least, have them offer a hot patch that removes the ability for ANYONE not in your guild or in your friend list to invite you to a calendar event.
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Druid
04/26/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Chatte

Pug

Arguably, someone inviting people to PUG something already has these folks in a friends list (otherwise it is just random strangers and why not simply do a TRADE CHAT invitation?)... Again, all your examples would be better suited to friends lists...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Still getting this, now in my old guild which I use for alts. Could you please at least change the report feature so that one report is all that is required to remove ALL the offending posts rather than having to go through every instance of them in every month?
Reply Quote
Needs a hotfix ASAP. Nobody else should have access to my calendar, and I shouldn't be bothered to remove all these invites myself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]