Is this server dead?

100 Night Elf Hunter
I started playing WoW during mid-late classic, and I started off on Draka, with this exact toon actually(still my main) and I played on Draka from the time I started until about early Cata, when a few of my irl friends convinced me to faction/server change to play with them.

They eventually quit so I went back alliance but decided to go to a more populated server (Stormrage) so I could get more into raiding. I 've been on Stormrage since then, but recently due to nostalgic reasons mainly I decided to make a hunter which I am going to cap at 70 with the same name as this one and play on Draka whenever I get bored on my main.

Anyway, I remember back during TBC and Wotlk this server used to be filled with people, trade was always active, the cities were very populated, but I just got to SW on my new hunter and there were like 10 people in trade district..

Is it always like this? I know this server is apparently medium population but it really seems dead. Nobody is really doing anything in trade. There used to be a ton of people online on this server all of the time back when I was on it.

Now, I know it is late on a Sunday night, but still, I never remember the server being this anywhere near as empty as this during Classic/TBC/Wotlk

Is Draka dead/dying?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Draka isn't anything like it used to be. You won't find a classic or TBC type of experience on draka anymore but that's not to say the server is dead. There's only 22 raiding guilds which most are only 1/12 but there are still some consistent guilds/communities. But if you are hoping for an old classic/tbc type Draka then i would say it is dead compared to then.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Well that sucks, loved this server during classic/tbc/wotlk, so many memories, I always remember it being so populated and so much going on all the time. Coming back now is so different.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
YES!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
YES!

Oh hush, you!

Is Draka dead/dying?

I guess the population has been a bit lower than it used to be. But I wouldn't say we're dying. Our raid progression isn't as strong as it was but when most of the progression-oriented guilds leave realm, it's sort of expected (we're still doing well though!).

Trade can still be entertaining if the right people are in it (as was always the case with trade in my experience).

It's different, yes. But not dead/dying yet.

You could always come Horde side and enjoy our trade chat. We're sexeh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Anyway, I remember back during TBC and Wotlk this server used to be filled with people, trade was always active, the cities were very populated, but I just got to SW on my new hunter and there were like 10 people in trade district..

Draka's not nearly as active as it once was. Trade will pick up from time to time but the cities sure have gotten quiet. We downed a couple world bosses last night and had much better luck LFM on the Isle of Thunder than in the cities.

The current population isn't active in the same ways I view 'activity.' Sure people are online, but most of the dialogue seems to occur in General and in Guild Chat so I can see how the server would appear to be dead/dying.

What is dead/dying on this, and many other medium pop servers is the outward sense of community. It seems that since Draka has an aging population as well, most* rely on their network of friends they've built up over the years when assistance in a dungeon/raid/quest is needed. Rather than posting in trade for an item, people rely on their guilds and this close network. It's not that the 'community is gone,' but rather that it's just not on display any longer for all to see due to this trend.

*Disclaimer: Excuse the generalizations in my last paragraph as my experiences may not be typical.

Draka will never be like Stormrage again. I have a couple of toons on that server as well and it is gut-wrenching to see how busy the cities and trade chat are. It brings back floods of memories of what our server USED to be. I look at Khaz Modan, which is also a medium pop server and wonder if things would be different if there never had been a Free Realm Transfer option that fateful day in 2006.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Draka will never be like Stormrage again. I have a couple of toons on that server as well and it is gut-wrenching to see how busy the cities and trade chat are. It brings back floods of memories of what our server USED to be.

Really wish it was like that still....used to be such a great server
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I started early vanilla on Demon Soul, got a free transfer to Draka with my RL friends. Loved this server! Past Tense. Don't listen to these people. The server is dead. Denial is the first step. I quit right as Cata came out. Sh*t was wack. But now I'm back and CAN NOT WAIT to transfer to a server with more than 8 people in Orgrimmar at high noon.

I'll always remember the great memories I've had on this server. Played on it for years and years. But as everyone else has done, it's time to finally transfer. I'm thinking about going to Illidan. I love PVP servers, and it has a great A:H ratio... at least if you're a Horde(;
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
F O R G E H A M M!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
hi Dode!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Hiya, Stabbs :):):)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Stabbins!

also raiding wise this server really took a hit in tier 13
wotlk and tier 11 had roughly the same guilds. took a Major hit in 12 tier in guilds tier 13 took another major pounding. and in between 13-14 w had a lot of guilds transfer off. 14 was fine but my goodness there very very little raiders this teir.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
TOM I don't like it when you post on your off Draka Alliance toon!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
i can post on whatever i goshdarn- well please sugar ti ts
Edited by Foxesblood on 6/8/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]