Warsong gulch is appalling

90 Orc Warlock
Corpse camping and death grip spam through the res station.

Who thought it was a good idea to completely bug the line of sight and lower the platform?

The entire battleground is bugged. For as long as it exists. I'm just running around as a ghost.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Its the only BG I blacklist, on every toon because the constent graveyard camping makes the game unfun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blacklisted on all my characters as well. I refuse to do WSG at all.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
I do it all the time, and I like it!

But all joking aside, yah, it's a real mess, in that battle ground you are either General Custard, or the Indians.
Edited by Ellebutcho on 4/14/2013 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Wsg happens to be my favorite bg. And the fact that they lowered the gy in the first place is stupid. You see FCs can still sit there at the GY and get healed seeing has how the ground is made out of nothing. And if anything they could get a priest to life grip them up to the top and go cap. The old way was superior because it gave people getting owned a chance of escape.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
They need to fix the graveyards to make it unable to be killed there but you can't do anything there either to push people not to do it. I don't PVP a lot but it was annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
They changed it because in Rated BGs, where people are typically more coordinated, teams would camp their FC at their GY so their healers could rez, and even when holding a flag in the flag room, if the enemy team killed your healers, you were at the mercy of them rezzing and running right back in. The GY change made it so that if you want to sit in the GY, you still need to run the flag back up, and if your healers die in the FR, they need to run back up.

For Rateds it was absolutely necessary. For Randoms it probably did make things messier, albeit, more often than not I'd watch my team vault one-by-one into a crowd of enemy players under the GY the old way--all the while complaining about being "camped" and ignoring my mention of going down one of the other ways that were available at the time. So I'm not sure much has changed, other than that the few of us who have common sense now get stuck in the camp-fests.

I suppose they could change Random BG WSG back to the way it was, and keep Rated WSG with the GY change. Kind of like how they changed EotS to accommodate RBGs but left it alone on regular.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The main thing wrong with WSG and Twin Peaks for that matter, is that for some obscure reason most of the people who play it have no clue whatsoever as to how Capture the Flag works ... it's pretty simple: YOU CANNOT CAP A FLAG IF THE ENEMY TEAM HAS YOUR FLAG ... so think for a minute ... which flag is more important ... yours or theirs???

KILL THE EFC!!!!

And I mean the moment they take it ... not once they are in their base surrounded by all their team-mates and healers ...
Reply Quote
59 Tauren Warrior
Its the only BG I blacklist, on every toon because the constent graveyard camping makes the game unfun.

I blacklist it because it always ends up with two sides holding the flag and evil unkillable teams of healers keeping them both up for 20 minutes. It's like banging your head on a bed of nails over and over again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The main thing wrong with WSG and Twin Peaks for that matter, is that for some obscure reason most of the people who play it have no clue whatsoever as to how Capture the Flag works ... it's pretty simple: YOU CANNOT CAP A FLAG IF THE ENEMY TEAM HAS YOUR FLAG ... so think for a minute ... which flag is more important ... yours or theirs???

KILL THE EFC!!!!

And I mean the moment they take it ... not once they are in their base surrounded by all their team-mates and healers ...

but at the same time you need to protect your flag carrier to score. Either way the best way to do things is to hold them up in the middle while a couple people run around back to grab the flag.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Run with friends? I find it much easier to do BGs with them. All BGs are a breeze, but I blacklist Isle and AV.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

KILL THE EFC!!!!

but at the same time you need to protect your flag carrier to score. Either way the best way to do things is to hold them up in the middle while a couple people run around back to grab the flag.

You need one, maybe two players running with your carrier to run interference for them, everyone else should be focusing EFC and/or their healers.

Running interference means just that ... CC enemy attacking your carrier, not surround it with all your healers ... it's preferable to have a healer with the group on the EFC rather than with your carrier unless you have healz laid on.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
If a team is domming you so badly that they have free reign to just sit in front of your GY, you have a lot bigger problems lol. I'm not sure it really matters where they global you because of gear mismatch does it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
But all joking aside, yah, it's a real mess, in that battle ground you are either General Custard, or the Indians.
i'm not sure what you're trying to do with this analogy, but it's making me fairly sure you don't know your history...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Tired of getting corpse camped? Stop rezzing. Just wander off as a ghost and check your facebook, there are only three types of people that actually rez during that: Bots, masochists, and stupid people.

If you rez you are asking to die: No mercy for the living.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Seriously though some of these objects need to be solidified. Lack of LoS is also a huge reason range is so effective in bgs
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Hmmm....maybe it is time to move 10 man bgs to rbgs only.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I know fighting in mid was the thing "back in the day" however I wish people would get over it and move as a group of 10 to get the flag and then return our flag on the way back over. It works every time as long as you keep the efc between the group and your flag room.

On a tangential note, I forgot it was children's week and played 3 random BGs last night before I realized that the typical lack of effort wasn't even in play. Instead people were standing around each other capping/recapping flags all day. I guess its back to poke battles until that is over!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]