5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

37 Draenei Priest

Thanks,

I think that does clear things up. In short, its pretty much based on your xp on the given level you are working on. For example, if you were sittinng at 199/200 xp, you would be sitting at 199/100 after the patch, therefore, autoleveling on your next xp gain,(in this example, you gain 2 xp) and sitting at 101/X, where X=the number of xp needed to advance to the subsequent level? Makes perfect sense to me. I appreciate the clarification!

That is a good question about carry-over.

So, yes, let's use the 33% reduction and some numbers based on that.

Say I'm 800,000/900,000 XP for a level. Now, the level gets reduced to 600,000. I know I'll be 800,000/600,000 and ding on my next XP gain, but what happens to the extra 200,000? Does that get applied to the next level, or does it just get lost?

Cheers.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Rogue
Thank buddha, now maybe I'll start playing some of my various 85's again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
as a pvper im pretty excited about this change, i like to try different classes quite often.

thanks blizz!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
My DK was level 85 friday at noon. Dinged him to 90 yesterday at around 3pm.

It doesn't take long. Just deal with it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I can't stand to finish leveling this character until there is an XP nerf. I have already leveled 5 characters through Pandaria which was painful. Please cut us a break
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I'm so confused it's not even funny.

So, you want people to invest into their characters, but then you turn around and cut 1/3rd of the investment to get a character leveled up?

Make up your damn mind!

Let's ask the next question, why is it necessary to cut the xp requirements given that it's already a drop in the pan for a character? It's basically reinforcing the idea that the only purpose of raising the level cap is to reset gear. Leveling a character is downplayed so incredibly that it's a wonder that they don't just hand you max level characters. It's hardly any investment to get a character to max level and getting max level means absolutely nothing with the amount of post 90 progression required.

Here's a clue blizzard, migrate the post 90 progression to the 85-90 progression. It will actually make leveling be interesting and worthwhile.
Reply Quote
37 Draenei Priest
Blizzard,

Please answer the question about Carry-over.

If I'm almost at a new level when the patch hits, and I will then have more exp than needed for that level, will any of it carry over to the next level?

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
From: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/"]5.3 PTR patch notes[/url]
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

• Awesome news. Thanks for the update. Sadly I just pushed to get my 5x90s achieve and hit 90 with my 5th character last night. However, I have a couple alts sitting in the 85-87 range waiting for the grind to be lessened. I'll wait until the patch hits before working on them!
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    People do not learn their classes or roles because they leveled too quickly. It is because they did not put the time and effort into learning. This is apparent by the number of people that enter into a LFR and cannot be bothered to look at the in game dungeon journal. There is just no effort on behalf of a great many people. This change will not affect the chronically ignorant and lazy as it does not matter how much time you force on to them they will not put forth the effort. This change helps those that would like to play their alts but find the ridiculous XP requirements (mainly after 87) not worth the time. It is not fun, for many, to run through the quests for the 5th, 7th, 10th time as there is very little variation in the process because so many of the quests are required to level. This game has always been about content at max level.

Regardless of differing opinions on how much soul sucking leveling to 90 is, it does not change the fact that you do not learn your class leveling unless you put in the effort to learn it which is not a function of time spent leveling but time spent learning.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    I don't think the leveling is bad. I've gotten back in to WoW, and got three of my 85's to 90 in about 3 weeks time. It could possibly be lower, it would make it easier for us all. But, I'm fine with either way.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter

How many level 90s do you have? How many do you want to have?

It doesn't take long. The problem is it is BORING doing the SAME thing over and over again, especially the 88-90 quests.

I have 2 accounts. I would like to have a 90 of at least 10 classes, but the way the grind is, it has taken me this long since MoP hit to get 90 on 5 characters. I had over 10 85s in Cata...it was just way more alt friendly.

The fact is, people have wanted this change for a while. Just deal with it.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Monk
    I'm excited, now my mage will go that much faster... and I plan on leveling my paladin too woo hoo :D
    Reply Quote
    94 Troll Priest
    Woo! My priest can finally make it to 90 without as much burnout!

Much appreciated, Honcho Smurfs!
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    04/22/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Murdross
    I don't think so - it's more like an admission that the MoP leveling experience is fun once or twice, but thereafter falls headlong over a cliff without a parachute.

You could say that about pretty much every expansion though.

You could except for 3 key flaws in MoP leveling:

1. The dungeons are terrible, unrewarding, and because of that few do them.

2. There's no flying, and this little return to BC nostalgia shows why the "TBC server" crowd is so wrong: it's just nostalgia. Not having flying while leveling sucks hard.

3. You have to do more or less most of the quests in 3 Pandaren zones to level, give or take rested XP, etc. But again since you can't fly, you're pretty limited in the order you do them in and while you're stuck on the ground, 90s that want to gank you on the PvP servers are not.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Monk
    Blizzard,

Please answer the question about Carry-over.

If I'm almost at a new level when the patch hits, and I will then have more exp than needed for that level, will any of it carry over to the next level?

Cheers.

Anytime they reduced XP requirements in the past, you would lose any exp gained beyond the cap. You would end up being 1 xp away from hitting the next level.
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Mage

This. Just finished my warrior the other day, making it my 10th 90.
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Rogue

This. Just finished my warrior the other day, making it my 10th 90.

Just because you can play for an entire weekend to go from 85-90 doesn't mean everyone else has the time to do the same. The main reason people wanted 85-90 XP reduced is that A) Alts are fun @ max level and b) leveling an alt through the same quests for the 10th time is boring as @#$@
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    From: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/"]5.3 PTR patch notes[/url]
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

• While I am favour of making levelling through Pandaria faster -- it's VERY tedious for alts -- 33%?!!!

That's massive. Is that really necessary? Why not go with something more conservative, but which will still have an impact -- like 20-25%. A 20-25% buff would be significant, but wouldn't immediately render obsolete all that great content you people created.

I was around when you buffed levelling in Outland. I rejoiced. But, even though lessening the grind in Outland was welcome, imo you made it go by WAY too fast and lost most of the immersiveness. People already have heirlooms and high level alts to help them level faster if that's what they want -- thus, 33% seems excessive to me.
    Edited by Rottingbull on 4/22/2013 5:30 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    92 Troll Rogue
    Can we get the XP reduction tomorrow instead of when 5.3 comes out?

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeeee. I want to play my mage and pally again but can't stand leveling in MoP. Please do this so I can start leveling them.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]