5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

Finally!

First toon lvl'd was a nice experience. The next two toons after that? Hated it. Bored to tears. Just wanted to hit 90 so I could have fun again. Leveling is not fun....it's dull.

This pretty much sums me up to. Leveled 3 toons to 90. First was all good the second was meh and the third was just getting boring. That 88-90 grind is horrible. I will welcome a XP nerf. I understand its a RPG and leveling is part of the game, but is something i dont look forward to every xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?

Oh the reference... whether it was intended or not I am giddy.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
04/17/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Velantha
This pretty much sums me up to. Leveled 3 toons to 90. First was all good the second was meh and the third was just getting boring. That 88-90 grind is horrible. I will welcome a XP nerf. I understand its a RPG and leveling is part of the game, but is something i dont look forward to every xpac.

I have 3 90s as well the first was okay, not to bad a little tedious but eh, nothing to be upset about. Second time took forever I did it really slowly until I hit 88 then I grinded to 90. then a few days later I leveled my third that was 86 to 90 in the course of like 3 days, not 3 days playtime but over 3 days without doing anything else on wow I wanted to claw my eyes out by the end, I haven't even attempted to level another one yet, I have quiet a few 86s and a couple 87s, but I don't feel like doing that grind again it was terrible. Sometimes I'll do a random dungeon or BG on them rarely a few quests.

I agree. Getting to 87 and 88 isn't that bad. Getting from 87 or 88 to 90 is just horrible. I'm working on my fourth character to 90 and it's driving me nuts. I actually look forward to daily resets so I can work on my main.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Nerfing XP mid-expansion? Since when is that a thing?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
IMO,the problem is the xp you gain by completing a quest.

Gaining a measly 20-30k(,i.e. 250k in KLS to 270k in DW per quest) is just horrible.

Also,currently it's mob grinding>questing and that should not be happening.

Gonna be a cold day in hell if I level an alt this month.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
They nerfed the XP needed for Outland, Northrend and the Cata zones (you need 4million XP to get to 85, but then 12m to get to 86 and 21m to 90) and people are surprised they'll nerf the XP for Pandaria? They do this near the halfway point/end of an expansion. This isn't new.

Outland was nerfed upon WotLK release; Northrend was nerfed upon Cata release. Cata zones were nerfed upon MoP released, however I wasn't around the whole expansion so idk if there was a mid-expansion nerf. But there were definitely NOT any nerfs to 60-70 XP requirements during the Burning Crusade life cycle or to 70-80 XP requirements during WotLK's life cycle. Those nerfs came in the final patch preceding the respective expansions release (e.g. Cata was nerfed in 5.0.4).

Unless there was a nerf in the middle of Cata that I wasn't around for and am unaware of, this would be new.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
And I just got my 5th up to 90 too
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/17/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Mastin

Not even close. The pace at which you gear an alt right now is insanely fast.

This.

Swing and a miss!

Obviously neither of ya'll read my post or context of that quoted statement.

Thank you for playing! Please try again!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Im working my 11th char to 90, currently 87. Ive yet to be bored with it and as far as gearing at 90, I was able to get into the 470 raids in less than 5 hours of playtime on my shaman after hitting 90.
Reply Quote
Dude, I leveled twice in like 5 seconds just turning quests in on Ragefire. The xp goes up every area. It's not hard.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?

Oh the reference... whether it was intended or not I am giddy.

It seems to have worked, the thread is back on topic. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE. Oh my god this is glorious.

Glorious, glorious one keg of beer for the four of us...seriously though, this is great news everybody. (If its 85-90).
Edited by Hunteravalon on 4/18/2013 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We need more then just a nerf to mop xp, but since you repeatedly ignore my pleas I guess you don't care about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]