5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

90 Goblin Warlock
I jump on alts only when i'm bored and have managed to get my warlock, paladin, druid, priest rogue and warrior up to 90. Sure most of them aren't geared enough for LFR but getting them to 90 was really easy.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Okay a couple of points here to address (thanks for the feedback) someone made a comment that being able to start some alts at level 85 will somehow reduce subscriptions of play-time, but I don't think that's the case, as the more satisfied I am with the product, wow isn't some game that just ends when you get to level 90 just like every other MMORPG, there's constant things to do, all the time at max level, countless reputations to grind. As far as the comment about people not playing to know my class, I can tell you this much, leveling from 1-85 really doesn't teach you that much about how to play your class in a level 90 raiding situation, for one, many classes HAVE to use some of the level 90 talents as part of their core rotation in raiding.

I have never bothered buying gems or enchants with toons that are still in the leveling process, gear etc and being good is something that you worry about at the raids where it actually matters, and I think the majority of people see it the same way. Level 1-85 is just a boring grind (I've done it enough times). Maybe if you at least have a certain number of 90s, you should be able to have alts that start at a higher level, at the moment, the only class you can have that starts at a high level is the DK. Why not other classes after a certain point?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ugh please don't.. The leveling process is fine, it gives people proper amounts of time to learn how to utilize their new tiers of spells and talents.

Concur with this.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
04/18/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Ugh please don't.. The leveling process is fine, it gives people proper amounts of time to learn how to utilize their new tiers of spells and talents.

Concur with this.

Then how come LFR is still a wipe fest on bosses like Durumu and Lei Shen? You might know the basic rotation of your class, but that means little when you don't know mechanics of fights.

How about this solution then, you have got one hunter to level 90, so you can then start another hunter at level 85, would that be a better option for you?
Edited by Eliil on 4/18/2013 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

No. You already have ppl at end game who don't know how to play their class.. and somehow they got to 90.. you want that 100x's worse? It's not that bad going from 1 to 90. It's supposed to take a long time. you need to learn how to play your toon. The quicker you make it, the less you know about that toon.

People don't learn how to play their class in a raiding situation while lvl'ing to 90. They learn how to lvl their class.

If you play a class that can tank, you would do well to lvl in that tank spec with dps gear for easier lvl'ing. Once you reach max lvl you either start dungeons as dps in decent gear without knowing the spells or rotation priorities or you tank with a dps mindset and have to learn your cooldowns, new talents you didn't use while lvl'ing, and how to cope with other people trying to get themselves killed.

You can learn more about basic and advanced tactics in raiding for your class and spec in 20 minutes by reading elitist jerks/icyveins/other help sites than you can about just the basics while lvl'ing from 1-90. You can understand rotations for various energy resources better with a target dummy than you can a random murloc while questing.

I can't recall a quest that taught me how to raid heal or tank when you have impatient dps blasting targets you hadn't even touched yet. You learn that in dungeons. You'll hit up a few dungeons here and there to break up the time while lvl'ing but most don't change out of their lvl'ing set up...not even the tanks. (some ppl do lvl through dungeons but Blizz nerfed the xp for the dungeon quests for some reason)

No....you don't learn real healing or tanking till you hit max lvl and change your talents, adjust your gear and dive in LFG head first.

You used to be able to run dungeons non stop once LFG came out but now you have to choose whether you need to run dungeons for gear or do a ton of dailies so you can use the valor you were trying to acquire through the dungeon finder. Someone at Blizzard saw fit to strip us of tabards so we could have more "fun" doing daily quests then locked the valor gear behind the reputation we can no longer obtain while doing dungeons.

So you can either run dungeons and not use your valor or do a ton of dailies to unlock the gear and not learn your class properly. I do blame individual players for not taking a little time to see how to play their class....but Blizzard didn't help with their flawed strategy in pulling players away from what sharpens their raider wits.

TLDR: lvl'ing doesn't teach you squat about how to play your class....max lvl dungeons and online guides do
Edited by Ganon on 4/18/2013 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yes! finally the 85-90 grind will finally get the Nerf hammer it needs!

now i can level the other 5 alts... after 4 90s i lost the motivation as it takes too long.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Awww man, I'm just getting close to finishing all my 11 90s, and no, I won't feel good that I did it before the nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Maybe you should stop having "alts" to the game. Cause there is so much to do you can't do it on multiple character. I have 9 characters in this story, 1 is a monk and 2 are still 85. I have one character (my priest) that I've geared, gained rep for gear and have stayed up to date with LFR content. It does not bother me that I'm unable to play dress up on my other characters. You complain that blizzard has given you to much content this expansion?

Quantity does not mean quality. I've pushed 4 toons to 90, it's been harder on each one. Granted I don't do more than LFR raiding and don't full-time PVP, so there's not as much to do. But, I'd argue that it's harder for the game to support that anymore, guilds and realms are dying everywhere so many are left in my position. The decline in subscriptions does not factor in the number of people paying for subscriptions that just aren't playing anymore, but Blizz doesn't have to report that.

This toon is actually my first alliance toon, and on a different realm than my mains (all 11 classes covered). Even the guild I'm in doesn't seem that active anymore. I did this hoping the different perspective in questing. Sadly, one of my favorite questlings, Battle for Undercity, I just found out was removed during Cataclysm. So even leveling on a different faction isn't giving me the gleam anymore.

I don't know that making leveling easier is the solution, but it definitely couldn't hurt, especially for those that have done it a few times.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anyone know what is in 5.3 to reduce leveling time?
Reply Quote
There was an old post on the forums, someone said "I tried to get hired at Blizzard as a CM and during the interview process they asked me 'do you feel you will be able to perform these responsibilities?' And just to be witty I just went 'I can neither confirm nor deny anything at this time'. They hired me on the spot."

The blue response in this thread reminded me of this.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Mage

Rubbish all I used till raids was Arcane Blast, Howling Blast and Explosive Shot. FWIW, I didn't even discover new spells until I hit 90 and started looking at rotations.

Levelling doesn't teach you how to play well at end game.

Then you are the epitome of terrible, or you are lying.
as a dk you know full well that during leveling certain abilities are much stronger relative to level than they are at end game. If I raided the same way I played at level 63 my dps would horrible and people would claim i was the worst DK ever, while if I used my raiding rotation at 63 the same situation would arise. Leveling teaches very little about the end game.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Mage
Posts like these make me sad. Hell, why don't we pay Blizzard to give us instant level 90's with 492 gear ready to head into Throne of Thunder normals? This generation of gamers are so impatient, entitled, and spoiled its a shame. Leveling from 1 to 85 is a joke nowadays. You want to get to level 90? Get off the forms with your whining and go play the game. Simple as that. Or, you can go play Skyrim and put in all the cheat codes from the console and give yourself unlimited gold, the best gear, etc.
the problem is that leveling isn't interesting in any way. Questing in WoW is just open the map, run to the highlighted place, do whatever is asked, for 40 in game hours. If leveling were made interesting or it had an impact at the end game, I would totally agree with you, but leveling in WoW is stale.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
the problem is that leveling isn't interesting in any way. Questing in WoW is just open the map, run to the highlighted place, do whatever is asked, for 40 in game hours. If leveling were made interesting or it had an impact at the end game, I would totally agree with you, but leveling in WoW is stale.
To some people it is very interesting, others find raids interesting, which i find complete nonsense.

Just because you do not like the content does not mean it needs a nerf. If they do this they better be nerfing all normal and heroic raid bosses by significant amount so i have more to do.
Reply Quote
26 Tauren Druid
To some people it is very interesting, others find raids interesting, which i find complete nonsense.

Just because you do not like the content does not mean it needs a nerf. If they do this they better be nerfing all normal and heroic raid bosses by significant amount so i have more to do.

^ This. :)

And not only does it give the players who aren't interested in endgame something to do, it's a timesink that generates revenue. We've all seen those players who can't manage 10k DPS in a heroic anyway...insta-90s would only result in more of...that.
Reply Quote

You can do solo quests from 1 to 90 without being forced to do raid/5 man.
However you are forced to quest from 85 to 90 if you want raid at 90.

Blizzard should give a test.
For example, give you a level 90 with fixed gears. After you kill all level 7 brawler's guild mobs, you get that level 90 free.
Edited by Avatard on 4/20/2013 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'd rather just buy a BoA tome when I hit max lvl to send to my alts that gives them a 3x as much xp buff (similar to the BoA rep commendation from hitting revered with MoP factions) from killing mobs and turning in quests. Now everyone can have their cake and eat it too.

It's simple and everyone can have their preferred lvling experience, but if you're mad that someone is getting to do it a way you don't like (too fast or too slow) then you're just trolling.
Reply Quote
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?

Anyone know what he is talking about?

I wonder I should level one now or wait.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
  • Reply Quote
    100 Troll Druid
    From: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/"]5.3 PTR patch notes[/url]
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

• Jackpot!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]