5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

100 Gnome Warrior
From: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/"]5.3 PTR patch notes[/url]
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

• i love you, lord flapsykins
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    From: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/"]5.3 PTR patch notes[/url]
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

• ... you're saying I should wait until 5.3 to level my baby DK on my reroll realm the rest of the way and just go back to pet battles until then...

*considers*

... you're the boss. *tips hat*
    Reply Quote

• Hallelujah
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Hunter
    Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

Ah man, and I only have 3 out of 11 classes left to level. Really should have held off on more of them, but eh well.

Regardless, I am quite happy now.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    With every past expansion already sporting nerfed XP requirements, bonus XP Boa gear, and XP buffs from DMF every month in addition to the various holiday events, leveling a character isn't exactly difficult. There was really no reason to nerf required XP in the current expansion. Removing the Golden Lotus gate? Perhaps. XP nerf? Not really.
    Reply Quote
    37 Draenei Priest

• Absolutely ridiculous. Shouldn't have happened until the next expansion. Why did you cave, Blizzard?

Cheers.
    Reply Quote
    4 Orc Shaman
    With every past expansion already sporting nerfed XP requirements, bonus XP Boa gear, and XP buffs from DMF every month in addition to the various holiday events, leveling a character isn't exactly difficult. There was really no reason to nerf required XP in the current expansion. Removing the Golden Lotus gate? Perhaps. XP nerf? Not really.

And luckily for us your opinion carries no weight and Blizzard disagrees.
    Edited by Nelgul on 4/22/2013 11:59 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Warrior

So go ahead and level all of your alts now. Then you can brag about how you leveled the hard way to all of the people who care. Do tell if you find any.
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    My question would be concerning how this would work for those already grinding xp. I am going to use random numbers for sake of ease, not actual numbers. For example:

1. Is the amount of XP needed to get from 85-90 going to go from 1,000,000 to 666,667? If that is the case, if you have that 666,667 already, do you instantly become 90?

or

2. Is the amount of xp required going to be based on your current level, so that if you are past that 67% xp mark, the next xp gained will automatically level you to the next level, then the xp required to obtain the subsequent levels would just be reduced by 33% of the original amount of xp it has required since launch?

or

3. Some other alternate scenario my pea-brain is incapable of thinking of.

Just curious, as I am sure others are curious about this as well.
    Reply Quote

• With every past expansion already sporting nerfed XP requirements
  • Has no effect on Pandaria

• bonus XP Boa gear
  • Has no effect on Pandaria

• XP buffs from DMF every month
  • One week per 4.

• various holiday events
  • Whose quests reward the same exp as a normal Pandaria quest

This change is to address this expansion having the most time to level of any expansion yet, discounting the exp nerfs done at later times.
    Edited by Mayaluen on 4/22/2013 12:04 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    04/22/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Rygarius
    Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

Great news. Now you just need to allow flying at 85 and Pandaria will be tolerable.
    Reply Quote
    37 Draenei Priest
    My question would be concerning how this would work for those already grinding xp. I am going to use random numbers for sake of ease, not actual numbers. For example:

1. Is the amount of XP needed to get from 85-90 going to go from 1,000,000 to 666,667? If that is the case, if you have that 666,667 already, do you instantly become 90?

or

2. Is the amount of xp required going to be based on your current level, so that if you are past that 67% xp mark, the next xp gained will automatically level you to the next level, then the xp required to obtain the subsequent levels would just be reduced by 33% of the original amount of xp it has required since launch?

or

Try this on for size. If you are 87 and 56%, you will stay as 87 and 56%. Then all the XP numbers for level 88, 89 and 90 will change for you.

Cheers.
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager

or

or

Scenario 1:

Before the patch:
      Character has 50/200 xp, xp bar shows 25% progress to next level.

After the patch:
      Character has 50/100 xp, xp bar shows 50% progress to next level.

Scenario 2:

Before the patch:
      Character has 102/200 xp, xp bar shows 51% progress to next level.

After the patch:
      Character has 102/100 xp, and will level as soon as they gain an experience point.

Let me know if that helps.
    Edited by Rygarius on 4/22/2013 12:17 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    37 Draenei Priest

or

or

Scenario 1:

Before the patch:

After the patch:

Scenario 2:

Before the patch:

After the patch:
      Character has 102/100 xp, and will level as soon as they gain an experience point.

So, the best way to exploit this is to get to 66% and sit there until 5.3 hits. Is that really a good idea?

EDIT: I should clarify. Under no circumstances should you be 67-99% when the patch hits, because that will all be wasted XP. Is that really a good idea.

Cheers.
    Edited by Shadowbrit on 4/22/2013 12:24 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Scenario 1:

Before the patch:

After the patch:

Scenario 2:

Before the patch:

After the patch:

I was curious about this as well, thank you for clarifying! =D
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    RoC
    I wasn't aware it took 90 levels to help people learn their class. I figured out Warrior once I got Colossus Smash.
    Reply Quote
    86 Dwarf Monk

• Jackpot!
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    Awesome change, thanks!!
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Hunter

• Mm... I'm disappointed. The experience curve should have remained in place until 6.0, in my opinion.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Hunter
    Awesome change.

I can finally level my Druid, Priest and Shaman.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]