Paladin Patch 5.3 PTR Notes

90 Blood Elf Paladin
-Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.
-Daybreak is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.
-Tier-14 Holy Paladin 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 second, down from 2 seconds.

The mastery nerf was to be expected but since it doesn't seem to include scaling, I think it's alright.

I actually don't hate the Daybreak nerf. It (at least in theory) makes the AoE "rotation" more fluid. When we're stacked, it would go HR, HR, HS, LoD, repeat. It would work well with the 6s CD on HS.

Who didn't expect the T14 4pc nerf? It was too good to the point where no one would want to use the new gear. I have upgrades for every single tier piece slot but I am not using them because the 4s CD on HS is just too damn good. I had hoped that they would consider making the bonus baseline like the Ret 4pc but it was a long shot.
Edited by Bionìx on 4/16/2013 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
People are reporting that it is a scaling change to mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
completely expected nerf (to both the mastery and t14)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
completely expected nerf (to both the mastery and t14

mhm
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
completely expected nerf (to both the mastery and t14)

Pretty much.

People are reporting that it is a scaling change to mastery.

I would assume so. A flat 2% nerf to Illuminated Healing that didn't affect the scaling of the stat would be a little silly, and wouldn't actually change a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At least right now on the ptr, light of dawn isnt stacking but the holy shock is being duplicated to all targets within 10 yards, not divided. So 100k holy shock is healing each player within 10 yds for 100k. Maybe this is to offset the nerf and our output was right where they wanted us to be? Just seems that stacking light of dawn would be too powerful with its current mechanics on ptr considering our set bonuses.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
04/17/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Deathflash
So 100k holy shock is healing each player within 10 yds for 100k.
I'm not sure if you legitimately think that is intended or you're just joking
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If I'm reading this properly:

- Light of Dawn is not stacking Illuminated Healing

- Holy Shock is doing 100k healing and Daybreak is causing it to heal each person it affects for the full 100k

what
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So 100k holy shock is healing each player within 10 yds for 100k. Maybe this is to offset the nerf and our output was right where they wanted us to be?

lol

The change to mastery should be 4800 / 10 = 480 mastery to get 1% instead of the current 4800 / 12 = 400 mastery to get 1%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It might be a step in a direction they are experimenting with for future changes? Right now Daybreak healing IS pretty weak. Its like what a 2k heal when people are stacked up? Usually its nerf then buff on the ptr. Maybe they buffed and now will nerf? Idk. All Im saying is I tested it on the ptr and as of now, thats what daybreak is doing. And in my other post I meant to say Daybreak wasnt stacking, not light of dawn. Sorry for the mixup.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/17/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Amabella
So 100k holy shock is healing each player within 10 yds for 100k. Maybe this is to offset the nerf and our output was right where they wanted us to be?

lol

The change to mastery should be 4800 / 10 = 480 mastery to get 1% instead of the current 4800 / 12 = 400 mastery to get 1%.

Yes but it looks like they are also addressing the t14 set bonus. They might be trying to MAKE you want t15, not by just nerfing the t14 but by making the 2pt15 more attractive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im curious where you are getting this info from because I just logged on the PTR and none of the holy changes have gone in yet.
Edited by Viena on 4/17/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What info are you referring to?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At least right now on the ptr, light of dawn isnt stacking but the holy shock is being duplicated to all targets within 10 yards, not divided.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I logged on, cast holy radiance in a group then holy shocked and looked at the numbers. I was hoping to check out the stacking daybreak buff. Im not saying its intentional but thats how its working right now on the ptr.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
CFT
Daybreak is definitely hitting everyone for 100% of the Holy Shock on the PTR. The other change aren't in yet though.

http://imgur.com/0I8AlnO --Picture of combat log
Edited by Khay on 4/17/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
65 Dwarf Shaman
Couldn't that be a result of the change they tried to make of "full HP targets do not affect AoE heal caps" thing? They said they reverted the change, but maybe it kept affecting Daybreak by accident. Did you try Daybreak on full HP targets or on damaged targets for that?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If it is a case of "full HP targets not affecting AoE," how would that work with Paladin shielding? Either the shields are being put up, and a free 30k shield on every target with full health while the healing portion remains unaffectedly powerful, or else paladin AoE's don't apply shielding to full targets, in which case, what? That'll take some getting used to.
Reply Quote
65 Dwarf Shaman
They reverted that change quickly as GC pointed out it made certain heals too powerful and would require a lot of nerfing (what you say is an example of what could have gone broken if it went through). It could be that after reverting it, they messed up Daybreak and is causing the results that people are getting right now.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest

- Light of Dawn is not stacking Illuminated Healing

Where are you getting that from? I would hope that is a bug if that is the case. No one will use LoD then. Eternal Flame blanket forever!
Edited by Linalee on 4/18/2013 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]