Beginnings and Endings

Well I started playing and spending most of my time in Guild Wars while my gf at the time hounded me about getting into WoW, I didn't for the longest time though because I didn't like the graphics or having to walk around everywhere..

About 6 months later I started a toon on her account and started playing so often she didn't have time to play, joined a guild called <Monster Inc>, made friends and loved playing.

About a year later I have my own account now, and all I got from my gf was "You play too much seriously.." and I didn't care, she was dumb. By this time I had a level 80 Paladin and DK.

About 3 months after that I found myself obsessed with WoW and single, it was her fault, she suggested the game, but let me tell you how awesome it was gkicking her from the guild she got me into now that I was an Officer.

Fast Forward to the beginning of Cata, having taken a 6 month break or so from the game, my former guild Monster Inc dying and without activity, I was bored on my alt Hombrélobo and messing with Horde on TB island, pulling guards and running fast as I get a tell saying "Dude stop pulling guards noob", and after pulling guards again I see in general chat "Druid stop pulling guards please", I believe it was Kat or Keylog or someone from SWBRB, and two days later I found myself a part of Keylogs guild tanking guards as we dominated the horde settlement on TB island.

Those friends are the reason I still play this game, no other game can match the social aspect of this game. I love these guys and gals, killing noobs and slaying dragons with them is fun in its own, it'll keep me coming back.
Reply Quote
I started in 2004 during beta.

My brother moved to Hollywood. He wanted to be a screenwriter. Haha. So we used the World of Warcraft to hang out I guess. We met a few people and formed a little click. We spent most of Vanilla, taking forever to level and just ran around ganking. Played as an undead priest on Blackrock and were some of the people that got a free transfer to Daggerspine.

I have been quitting and playing off and on ever since.

Clique*

...you unwashed peasant.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
About 3 months after that I found myself obsessed with WoW and single, it was her fault, she suggested the game, but let me tell you how awesome it was gkicking her from the guild she got me into now that I was an Officer.

cool story
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 09:15 AMPosted by Chilblane

cool story

Right? I'm glad you took time to read it, love you Chil. <3
Edited by Rawrfrost on 4/18/2013 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I R PAY DIS GAM CUZ I LIEK HOTWINGS
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
...you unwashed peasant.

ME NO WASH MUNSTERS NO LEIK ME SMELL
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
(I tried to keep it short for you, Pebs!)

Always looking out for my best interest. <3
Reply Quote
I started playing in late 2005. I made a shaman on Whisperwind, got him to around level 30ish, then got deployed to Iraq. I didn't really have the time, or desire to play again until I got out of active duty.

Around June 2009 I picked up the game again after one of my roomates kept talking about it. I made a paladin on Mannoroth, leveled to 74, then had to quit again due to moving out of state.

February 2010 I started playing again on yet a different account since I couldn't recover my old one for some reason. I started leveling a hunter on Maiev, and got him to around 60 before I decided to try an alt.
The alt's name was Bebbit.

I played him for a while on Horde, had a small 3 week stint on Alliance, then transfered to KJ with the rest of Mal Intent. A couple months after the transfer I had to quit for a few months do to technical issues with my internet.
Once they were resolved and I started playing again, I found out Keylog had created a guild on Alliance. At first I only made an alt over there, but after a couple weeks I moved all of my chars over.

Since then I've taken a couple breaks due to not having any motivation to play at the time. I keep returning though, because compared to the other timesinks I play, this one is the most fun. Plus I enjoy the community here, and start to miss the friends I've made.

How did you come about with the name Bebbit?

cool story

Don't be jealous.
Edited by Vd on 4/18/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
He's just a little lonely, don't be so harsh.

Let me sing him a song.

Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'? Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'?
Feelin' all alone without a friend, you know you feel like dyin'. Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'?

I want you to want me.

Wait.. Wut?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I was referring to the way he gloated about gkicking his ex out of the guild immediately after explaining how she was the only reason he was even in the guild in the first place.

It just seemed a little mean-spirited and doesn't cast him in a positive light.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Stop posting.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Stop posting.

You first.
Reply Quote
I was referring to the way he gloated about gkicking his ex out of the guild immediately after explaining how she was the only reason he was even in the guild in the first place.

It just seemed a little mean-spirited and doesn't cast him in a positive light.

Well don't act like you know the whole story, maybe she deserved it.
Reply Quote
I bought my brother WoW in 2004 as an early christmas present. On the second day of him playing it, I watched what he was doing and thought the game looked like the most amazing thing ever -- I'd never seen an MMO. So I rolled a toon, this toon, on his account at the end of November '04.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
BC came out, so I rolled a Blood Elf Paladin on Darrowmere which I got to 70, where another IRL friend played

Whoa you were on darrowmere!?
Reply Quote
I played a lot of WC3 with RL friends when i was 9-10. I was over at one of their houses right after we had finishing a WMW game (I still dominate that game). We went down stairs and I saw his brother and friend watching TV. We decided to watch with them and somehow the topic of video games came up. My friends older brother's friend (confusing) started to tell me that a new game was coming out and that I could try it using his beta key. Well I did and I wasn't too impressed, mainly because I didn't really understand the game at that time.
When vanilla dropped, that same friend I played WC3 with convinced me to get the game and actually level a character. He had just made a warlock and suggested I make a mage. So I did.
I almost immediately found myself in love with the game. I got my brother to roll a warrior with us as well. I PVEd in a decent guild in Vanilla (killed Twin Emps and got stuck on C'thun in AQ and 4H in naxx).That guild disbanded after many, many weeks on 4H. I decided to start looking for a new guild to progress with for BC. Now I was only about 12 or 13 when BC came out so I had to constantly lie about my age to be taken seriously. Whenever people asked me to talk I came up with excuses and what not. Finally, after a long trial period in PVE guild I was accepted and made a member. I finally stopped lying and told them I was 13. They didn't care at that point, but I got a lot of !@#$ :P. We got realm first kills on all content in BC except kara. We had two kara groups and didn't really care too much about it. We got our T4 and moved onto gruuls lair and SSC. After that guild fell on tough times around the launch of 2.4, a chunk of us broke off to a different guild. We didn't do so well in SWP because of how new we were and most of our raid was new members. I think we went 2/6 and got stopped on Felmyst.
When Wrath dropped I was so excited, but as my guild got naxx done quickly, my RL started to take priority and I decided to quit. I didn't play at all until late WOTLK when I leveled my DK on some random realm for no reason whatsoever. I still knew a lot of people from my old guild, but decided to start fresh. I only played for about 3 weeks and quit again. I tried out the cata launch with one RL friend and I didn't like it. I thought the game was over and I should move on, but in May of last year I decided to once again reroll. I made this priest on Maelstrom and quickly found that I needed a new realm. I did some research and thought KJ was a great realm.
I still keep in contact with Vanilla/BC friends, but most of them have quit by now. I stick around for the social aspect of the game, I like meeting new people, helping new people, ganking new people and stuff like that. I pretty much just love this game a little too much.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Kaputo
I had to constantly lie about my age to be taken seriously. Whenever people asked me to talk I came up with excuses and what not.

One of my best friends in this game I met during Naxx "wotlk" progression in my old guild. Turns out one night we were raiding super late and we found out he was 12.

I lost a lot of gold after that paying him obscene amounts of gold to say dirty things in vent for the lulz. We also came up with an awesome idea for him. Sometimes during fights we'd think he dc'd he'd just be sitting there and doing nothing. Actually found out it was because his mom came to check on him to make sure he was sleeping.

Thus was born the MOMGRO macro. He macro'd something like "OMG MOMS COMING TURNING OFF THE MONITOR AND PRETENDING TO BE ASLEEP, BE BACK IN A MINUTE OR SO"

Many lulz we're had during this time. and it became a guild competition between the healers to keep him alive during the Hiegan dance.

We are still friends to this day. I've never once judged someone solely by how old they are. Shame on anyone who does.
Reply Quote
You paid a 12 year gold to say dirty things in vent?

04/18/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Bladesinger
I had to constantly lie about my age to be taken seriously. Whenever people asked me to talk I came up with excuses and what not.

I lost a lot of gold after that paying him obscene amounts of gold to say dirty things in vent for the lulz.
Edited by Catdad on 4/18/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Bladesinger

One of my best friends in this game I met during Naxx "wotlk" progression in my old guild. Turns out one night we were raiding super late and we found out he was 12.

I lost a lot of gold after that paying him obscene amounts of gold to say dirty things in vent for the lulz. We also came up with an awesome idea for him. Sometimes during fights we'd think he dc'd he'd just be sitting there and doing nothing. Actually found out it was because his mom came to check on him to make sure he was sleeping.

Thus was born the MOMGRO macro. He macro'd something like "OMG MOMS COMING TURNING OFF THE MONITOR AND PRETENDING TO BE ASLEEP, BE BACK IN A MINUTE OR SO"

Many lulz we're had during this time. and it became a guild competition between the healers to keep him alive during the Hiegan dance.

We are still friends to this day. I've never once judged someone solely by how old they are. Shame on anyone who does.

LOL, that story was great. +1
Reply Quote
Well don't act like you know the whole story, maybe she deserved it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]