New Alliance 5.3 Title

90 Worgen Warlock
<name>, Lord of Kumbaya

<name>, the Carebear

<name>, orc-lover

Those are the lore-wise ones. lol

not subtle

If they are not subtle, everyone will just jump at their throats before they reveal their sadistic side.

I doubt they could change and add another zone without delaying the patch.

Yea, because it's alright to scrap the Alliance plot and shove down our throats the Horde one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

This attitude pushs the Devs away. Stop with this attitude NOW. It isn't constructive nor helpful.

They don't read the lore forums and after two expansion it's hard to be optimistic ever. Their attitude towards the alliance won't change because you keep hoping.

You mean how they had a posting surge in the past month and Kosak mentioned the thread about Vol'Jin being a War criminal. They're watching us. I'm staying optimistic becauase it's more healthy then being doom and gloom.

I'm concerned about the PTR to but I'm not going how you are. If you want to be concerned tell Kosak. Don't just stay in the dark.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

They don't read the lore forums and after two expansion it's hard to be optimistic ever. Their attitude towards the alliance won't change because you keep hoping.

You mean how they had a posting surge in the past month and Kosak mentioned the thread about Vol'Jin being a War criminal. They're watching us. I'm staying optimistic becauase it's more healthy then being doom and gloom.

I'm concerned about the PTR to but I'm not going how you are. If you want to be concerned tell Kosak. Don't just stay in the dark.

It wasn't a surge it was like 7 posts from Neth about being nice. Most of the posts being very meaningless. Kosak was also linked that post on twitter, not because he reads the forums. But you can keep on pretending like there will be something for alliance on the horizon.
Edited by Healstime on 4/17/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Honestly, I'd much rather have a delayed 5.3 if it means an Alliance story-line elsewhere, like Lordaeron.

We have the Horde rebels dealing with the threat at their door, and the Alliance can deal with the threat next door.

It's just a minor content patch, it's not a raid tier. The next major content patch is the final raid patch of the expansion and we won't be seeing the next expansion's announcement until Blizzcon (which is in November.) First raid tier lasted 5 months. July is 5 months of ToT. By the time Blizzcon comes Siege of Orgrimmar will have been out for about 3 months. Do you honestly expect next expansion by January? I sure as hell don't.

Pushing a minor content patch back isn't going to change that we're going to be stuck with SoO for longer than we should, so I'll accept a delayed 5.3 because I rather have an extra month of ToT than an extra 3 months of SoO.
Edited by Akatasha on 4/17/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It's concerning that it took so much effort on the alliance fans part to even make them consider creating alliance content.

If you hate it so much you can always just either A) Quit. B) Find something constructive to talk about instead of complaining about everything you see.

Or C) Roll Horde.
Edited by Lynara on 4/17/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Hordebreaker for aiding the Darkspear rebellion. We got our awesome title.

Source? Give a link please.

As of right now:
* Title on PTR is still "Instigator". (Not surprising last content update was Friday I think.)
* Nothing on Kosak's twitter account about "Hordebreaker".

Commentary nonetheless:
* Right now you get the Instigator title for assisting Vol'jin (in a very minor way, by gathering lumber, etc.)
* You do not "instigate" anything.
* Nor are you breaking any Horde. You are in fact... helping the Horde. I.e. pretty much doing the opposite of "breaking".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
04/17/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Wreave

As of right now:
* Title on PTR is still "Instigator". (Not surprising last content update was Friday I think.)

Commentary nonetheless:
* Right now you get the Instigator title for assisting Vol'jin (in a very minor way, by gathering lumber, etc.)
* Nor are you breaking any Horde. You are in fact... helping the Horde. I.e. pretty much doing the opposite of "breaking".

Naa your helping the rebellion. That is like saying that the french when they went to help the colonists in the revolutionary war, were helping the British.
Edited by Lynara on 4/17/2013 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you hate it so much you can always just either A) Quit. B) Find something constructive to talk about instead of complaining about everything you see.

Or C) Roll Horde.

i never got this argument

i mean obviously people care if they got out of their way to voice their concerns over the quality of the content

if they didn't they wouldnt

plus IF U DOONT LIKE IT QUIT isnt helpful either because there are other aspects to the game besides the story
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
04/17/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Wreave

As of right now:

Commentary nonetheless:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Right there, front page. Next PTR build, In Achievement Changers -> Pandaria, Quests.
http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/8306-hordebreaker#16837-16853
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/17/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Lynara

As of right now:

Commentary nonetheless:

Naa your helping the rebellion. That is like saying that the french when they went to help the colonists in the revolutionary war, were helping the British.

We're hardly helping. We're giving Vol'jin an edge yes, but the overall plan is to have the two sides beat each other raw then take them both out. It's straight up said in the Alliance side lead in quests.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Sound ok, personally I really wish we had gotten SI:7 Operative. Sounds more appropriate.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I'd much rather have a delayed 5.3 if it means an Alliance story-line elsewhere, like Lordaeron.

We have the Horde rebels dealing with the threat at their door, and the Alliance can deal with the threat next door.

It's just a minor content patch, it's not a raid tier. The next major content patch IS the final raid patch of the expansion and we won't be seeing the next expansion's announcement until Blizzcon (which is in November.) First raid tier lasted 5 months. July is 5 months of ToT. By the time Blizzcon comes Siege of Orgrimmar will have been out for about 3 months. Do you honestly expect next expansion by January? I sure as hell don't.

Pushing a minor content patch back isn't going to change that we're going to be stuck with SoO for longer than we should, so I'll accept a delayed 5.3 because I rather have an extra month of ToT than an extra 3 months of SoO.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see an Expansion 5 announcement before BlizzCon this time around. Not a guarantee by any means, but with Titan potentially getting close to an announcement and BlizzCon being so late in the year, the chances of a non-Blizzcon expansion announcement have never been higher.

As for 5.3, I think the best we can hope for is an upgrade to the existing Alliance chain. Creating an all new event from scratch could result in an extremly long PTR cycle that Blizzard would want to avoid. If the Alliance is to get something extra, they'd probably prefer adding it to 5.4 instead.
Edited by Falrinn on 4/17/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
As for 5.3, I think the best we can hope for is an upgrade to the existing Alliance chain. Creating an all new event from scratch could result in an extremly long PTR cycle that Blizzard would want to avoid. If the Alliance is to get something extra, they'd probably prefer adding it to 5.4 instead.

Well the fact that they said that 5.3 may see Sylvanas if "we have the time" makes me believe they already have some stuff worked on for Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It's silly if we don't actually get to break the Horde.

Which we won't.

I knew someone would be complaining.
Reply Quote
I prefer Hordebreaker to Instigator. I would have preferred SI:7 Operative.

But I would take NO Title in return for not working with Voljin and instead doing something that feels right for the Alliance, be it provoking Garrosh and Vol'jin into fighting each other, using their distraction to make a push at Lordaeron, or any other variety of things that feel like striking a blow for the Alliance instead of meekly helping the Horde take back their city because, once again, we are useless without a Horde leader to show us the way.

This.
Reply Quote
It's silly if we don't actually get to break the Horde.

Which we won't.

I knew someone would be complaining.

It's the truth. We are

A) Helping the Horde get their city back from a Tyrant they dislike

B) Leaving the city in their care at the end of patch 5.4 due to "Lawful Good Overdrive"

C) Allowing them to blame all of their crimes on Garrosh, while at the same time being either unable or unwilling to draw any sort of reparation out of them for all the war dead they've killed, in Ashenvale, Hillsbarad, in Theramore, in Krasarang, and elsewhere.

We are not breaking the Horde in any way. They are likely to come out of this expansion stronger, at least ideologically.

Is it a complaint? Yes.

And unless you can tell me the top 3 things aren't happening, I'd say it has at least some validity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Right there, front page. Next PTR build, In Achievement Changers -> Pandaria, Quests.
http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/8306-hordebreaker#16837-16853

Hmm... No official announcement from Blizz, but Wowhead has the same info. How? Do they datamine files from Blizz? Files that regular ptr players don't get?

Not sure it can be trusted yet.

However, according to mmo-champion its for the same achievement/quests.

Inaccurate as "Instigator" was, "Hordebreaker" is actually even less accurate.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Hmm... No official announcement from Blizz, but Wowhead has the same info. How? Do they datamine files from Blizz? Files that regular ptr players don't get?

Not sure it can be trusted yet.

However, according to mmo-champion its for the same achievement/quests.

Inaccurate as "Instigator" was, "Hordebreaker" is actually even less accurate.

Don't trust it all you want.

PTR builds are always put on mmo-champion before they go live and the patch notes updated.

Has been like this since I started paying attention in Wrath.
Reply Quote
Hordebreaker is straight up red meat for the ravening masses, Wreave. Cooked rare.

Feh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/17/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Akatasha

Well the fact that they said that 5.3 may see Sylvanas if "we have the time" makes me believe they already have some stuff worked on for Lordaeron.
It won't be anything alliance wise though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]