So shamans, about that stun..

90 Troll Shaman
Would you agree in order to fix/improve our only stun (instead of adding another), would be to make Capacitor totem's radius around 15-20 yards?

I imagine that would be quiet fun to use in pve and pvp.
Of course, increasing the size of the totem (for alertness) would balance it from being too OP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Just get projection and you won't have an issue once you get used to counting out how much time is left before it pops.

The problem is that I usually don't have 5 seconds to wait around for a stun, I need one now. Orrrr they have a brain and see a lightning crackling totem go down and they pop its massive 5 HP.

I miss Spirit Wolves stun.....*sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
its the whole, root-drop-project-hope-pray-still have time left before stun pops? have some tea- philosophy. Situationally the stun can help out when played smart.

The more practice you have with it, the more you realize it isnt TOO bad. Still you do have those moments when you need a stun/interrupt like right NOW, and you die waiting for it to pop. Thats just when you have to get used to dropping off a hex cd.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm really not much into PvP these days (though I'm thinking of dipping my toe into it), but what do y'all think of some sort of negative feedback effect if a player destroys a Capacitor Totem before the stun goes off? Maybe a Mortal Strike-type debuff for a few seconds, or a DoT, or just plain old damage. I'm not entirely certain what would be a balanced option that creates a Sophie's choice for the totem killer, but something along those lines, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm really not much into PvP these days (though I'm thinking of dipping my toe into it), but what do y'all think of some sort of negative feedback effect if a player destroys a Capacitor Totem before the stun goes off? Maybe a Mortal Strike-type debuff for a few seconds, or a DoT, or just plain old damage. I'm not entirely certain what would be a balanced option that creates a Sophie's choice for the totem killer, but something along those lines, anyway.

Cap totem should be something you hit the key for once to drop and it lasts for 5 seconds. You can then hit the key again to "detonate" the totem and get a stun based on the duration you let it cook for. Immediate activation gives you a 1 sec stun and you gain an addtional 1 sec of stun length for every second of the 5 second duration that passes that you don't pop it. Auto pops after 5 seconds for 5 second stun.

Players killing the totem early cause it to put out a 1 second stun.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Cap totem should be something you hit the key for once to drop and it lasts for 5 seconds. You can then hit the key again to "detonate" the totem and get a stun based on the duration you let it cook for. Immediate activation gives you a 1 sec stun and you gain an addtional 1 sec of stun length for every second of the 5 second duration that passes that you don't pop it. Auto pops after 5 seconds for 5 second stun.

Players killing the totem early cause it to put out a 1 second stun.

It's not a bad idea, but until the rest of the stuns/CC is leveled out, that would still gimp us on our only stun. However I do agree with the 1 sec stun when you destroy the totem (or some type of negative effect)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
you could make it the whole arena and blizz would still find a way to make it not hit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
you could make it the whole arena and blizz would still find a way to make it not hit.

This made me laugh because of how true it would probably be lol
Reply Quote
If destroyed it single stuns the person who destroyed it for full duration negating the area of effect portion.

It doesn't need to be bigger its got one of the most eye catching effects in the game as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
No, just make it triggerable after the charge time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]