So seems druids are bad again this tier... =/

78 Pandaren Priest
They greatly reduced its efficient, because they wanted us to use it as our AoE healing tool.
That IS the druid biggest problem.

Agreed.

"We don't want you to spam Rejuv and we aren't going to fill that lost gap in your toolkit." While that's not exactly what Blizz said in the past, it's certainly how it feels.

Sure we have Wild Growth and Swiftmend, but those alone do not cut it. We NEED to utilize Rejuv quite a bit to be effective and competitive, and it can be taxing on mana.

I still love my druid and will continue to heal on her, but it does indeed feel like we've been left behind.
Reply Quote
78 Pandaren Priest
Seriously, this will never stands, it would make druids 100% op on stacked fights, and still weak on the other 80% fights where we cannot stack.

And in the meantime, addresses zero issues with the class.

Shrooms doesn't need a buff, it needs to be less clunky. It's almost like they think we avoid using them because they don't have enough oomph.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Exactly that, but its worse on 10m, because no guild want to waste the "priest spot" on a holy, they cant have a holy AND a disc.

Sure they can.

It's not like there's a shortage of priests in 10s. There are almost as many priests in 10H as there are druids, shamans, and monks combined. You could have a Holy and a Disc if you wanted to. Would probably be one of the easiest healer comps to recruit. Good synergy. Not much harder to gear than Disc/Pally, and arguably easier than double Disc.

They could do it. They just don't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Sure they can.

It's not like there's a shortage of priests in 10s. There are almost as many priests in 10H as there are druids, shamans, and monks combined. You could have a Holy and a Disc if you wanted to. Would probably be one of the easiest healer comps to recruit. Good synergy. Not much harder to gear than Disc/Pally, and arguably easier than double Disc.

They could do it. They just don't.

Yes, its because most raid leaders want 2 healers from different classes.
Both because of gear, and because of a general feeling that diversity is better.
And most raids also want a paladin nowdays.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
"Our Mushroom patch note is confusing people. It now heals for double (+100%) what it does on live, which includes Rejuv overhealing." By GC

Its x2 on top of everything else... omg
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Cool, Druids get a quasi-HR, except it now has the potential to burst for up to 2mil healing. That's certainly not going to cause any balance issues at all!
Edited by Ceddya on 4/22/2013 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cool, Druids get a quasi-HR, except it now has the potential to burst for up to 2mil healing. That's certainly not going to cause any balance issues at all!

Considering the clunky setup and the weakness of them (any movement) they should be rewarding to use.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/22/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Yubii
Seriously, this will never stands, it would make druids 100% op on stacked fights, and still weak on the other 80% fights where we cannot stack.

And in the meantime, addresses zero issues with the class.

Shrooms doesn't need a buff, it needs to be less clunky. It's almost like they think we avoid using them because they don't have enough oomph.

All I can say is that I, for one, will be going from using Shrooms as a clunky heal for clunky mechanics, to spreading Shrooms out on cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This was interesting:

http://r4healingtouch.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/druid-forum-eu-recape-method/

Nagura from Method comments regarding current state of Rdruids.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/22/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Juvenate

Considering the clunky setup and the weakness of them (any movement) they should be rewarding to use.

Or punishing to fail at. I want Druid mushrooms to be more functional, but I really think this is a bad idea and will lead to severe imbalance if it stays.
Reply Quote
Bring back lifebloom spam
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bring back lifebloom spam

No.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i don't want lifebloom spam, but using it for blooms is fun gameplay. The glyph of blooming should make it a 6 second duration and more than a 50% bloom. That would reward proactive playsytle and would be easier to control/refresh for more effectiveness.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i don't want lifebloom spam, but using it for blooms is fun gameplay. The glyph of blooming should make it a 6 second duration and more than a 50% bloom. That would reward proactive playsytle and would be easier to control/refresh for more effectiveness.

We have enough junk to fit into our GCD management. Any more strain added to that for LB is unwelcome. And leave the glyph of blooming where it belongs; In PvP.

For the record, 6seconds is no good anyhow. 6 seconds for a bloom is about 5 seconds after that target got sniped by your resident pally/disc priest to full health.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My 6 second window is more about shorting the gap for delaying a bloom more than making the rotation "busier". For example, you have 1 lifebloom on the target that got hit with the red scary debuff on primordius. 4 seconds go by and he hasn't dropped below 95% so you refresh your lifebloom. The next 4 seconds go by and his health is at 50% and dropping, so you let the bloom go off. Under the current live glyph system, if you refreshed the bloom and waited 10 seconds, the debuff would be off by now and the bloom portion is totally irrelevant. My point was, that glyph of blooming isn't doing what it's supposed to, which is making the player think about the bloom portion of lifebloom.

And it shifts more burst control into the hands of those who can manage, something a lot of druids would probably appreciate. The GCD management bit isn't really something I can respond to, but I can say this is the glyph of blooming I'm proposing get tweaked. The optional glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The biggest thing I found with druid healing over DS, Firelands, T11, T14 and now T15 is the fact that rejuv spam never really went away. That so much healing is centered around a single HOT.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I am now 2x more likely to yell at people to stand in my shrooms :D

This will never go live, IMO.
Reply Quote
GC's twitt indicates it is a 100% buff to both base AND the rejuv overheal heal. As fun as raid-wide LoH could be, I really don't imagine something like this going live.

The design of shrooms is a very weird design. They basically took boomkin mushrooms and have tried to force it down Resto Druid's throats this expansion. I'd like it more if they were similar to HST or the Lotuses from Consorts: each shroom shoots a smart healing spore (they are mushrooms!) at a target every X seconds, maybe give them the ability to 'burst' into several spores at once and just deactivate them for some seconds, rather than forcing the Druid to replace all 3.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
With the way mechanics work, you don't really see mushrooms being as big a deal as they once seemed they would be. It's not like they're going to chain it over and over every 10 seconds on cooldown.. that's not how the spell works. Also, it will add a little more to the stacking arsenal, and might give a little perk to the raid wide spread healing to pad a little.

I'm sure most druids have realized by now that mushrooms are just really difficult to implement into their healing lineup.... even if they will become 2x as strong, will you REALLY use it that much? ;P

Secondly, the tranq change has been a long time coming. Too long have we looked at things like power word barrier working to be 2.5x as powerful in 25m, devo(aura mastery), spirit link (arguably even more than 2.5x as powerful in 25m), and other such raid CDs. This will make tranq a true raid cooldown in 25m and will warrant the fact that we have to sit there to channel the crap.

I don't see mushrooms ever surpassing the power of pally stack healing regardless of how well someone can use them.... maybe just more healing per mana point....but they'll obviously bring something to the table. Often times now I can use them for stacked healing if I'm oom and I almost don't even notice them heal people on the bars. I'm sure 100% up from that will at least be somewhat noticeable rather than almost non existent.

Again, try and look at practical ways for these spells to be implemented into a real rotation. I don't know how many druids here have figured out ways to max the healing bonus on the mushrooms while placed in the correct spot and used at the right time to get maxed healing on all 10 or 25 players tons of times throughout all these fights... but I'd bet there aren't a lot ;P
Edited by Gamex on 4/22/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
I'll probably continue doing what I've been doing. Throw them around where I expect folks might be standing after a big AoE hit and blooming them when they're pumped up. They're basically free and not too painful. I don't expect to see much change in their usage or their output. In any case, we are so close to 5.3 that this type of "fix" is really all that can be expected. One fight for which I hope to see a great boon is H Qon, which we should be starting in a few weeks. Other fights I get to sit out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]