vol'jin 5.3 bluff called

...amazingly stupid.

Ah well, Blizz has to do what it has to do.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, I actually did pump my fist when I read it. Mission accomplished.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
...amazingly stupid.

I don't often talk to Faction Leaders, but when I do I question their value, spit in their face, and then make them beg me to stay.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
Seizing on Vol'jin's weakness to squeeze things out of him isn't lowsy diplomacy, it's excellent diplomacy.

They didn't get anything more out of him than they would have had they not acts like asses.

They just got to act like asses with impunity.

Which I guess is something?

I don't often talk to Faction Leaders, but when I do I question their value, spit in their face, and then make them beg me to stay.

That's the precedent which has me perplexed. Flummoxed, even.
Edited by Kellick on 4/18/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

Which suprises me because the Alliance quests are still pretty underwhelming compared to the horde. This seems like an attempt to placate Alliance players with cosmetics rather than solid questlines.

But as I said before, if it works it works.
Reply Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHx5hCVN26E

Pick your favourite as you fist pump. Personally mine is IV.

04/18/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Trook
Which suprises me because the Alliance quests are still pretty underwhelming compared to the horde.

It is hopefully a start.

It is apparent at this point that Blizzard is beginning to realize how wrong they were in the development of this patch. I would hope that they continue and repair a lot of the glaring issues with 5.3 and make it feel more "alliance-y" for us blue boys and girls.
Edited by Seebach on 4/18/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
That's the precedent which has me perplexed. Flummoxed, even.

It's simple. Alliance PC's don't like Vol'jin or the rebels. He and the other rebels have been killing Alliance constantly, stealing their territory, raising them as zombies, and reaping the benefits of doing so. We aren't interested in playing nice with him, so not being forced to play nice is a wonderful option to have.

It's not like you have to click the additional dialogue.
Reply Quote
It feels good. I won't lie. We finally get an IC way to call a Horde leader out on their BS and have them have to swallow their words and their pride.

I still strongly feel that the Hordebreaker is a silly title because we will not be breaking the Horde, and that we should have had our own storyline rather than becoming Vol'jin's lackeys.

And I will also point out that it took a LOT of Alliance agitating on social media and forums to get here.

...But this at least feels good. For now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The Horde can rag on us for complaining a lot all they want. But we see something we don't like, we make ourselves heard (even if it's in a not so kind way), and Blizz listens.

It's also nice to see a Horde leader who is willing to swallow his pride. I don't know how Horde feel about this, but it gives me some respect for him.
Edited by Kàtarn on 4/18/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Horde can rag on us for complaining a lot all they want. But we see something we don't like, we make ourselves heard (even if it's in a not so kind way), and Blizz listens.

So Alliance 1 - Horde 1000?
Reply Quote
91 Orc Death Knight
Honestly the convo shouldn't exist at all, but really I don't have much of a problem with it, other than maybe toning Vol'jin's reply down a bit. 'Cause Vol'jin ain't no !@#$%, not if he's gonna be warchief.
Reply Quote

It's also nice to see a Horde leader who is willing to swallow his pride. I don't know how Horde feel about this, but it gives me some respect for him.

I would go so far as to say respect. We still had to basically back him into a corner.
Reply Quote
73 Worgen Rogue
04/18/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Kellick
Seizing on Vol'jin's weakness to squeeze things out of him isn't lowsy diplomacy, it's excellent diplomacy.

They didn't get anything more out of him than they would have had they not acts like asses.

They just got to act like asses with impunity.

Vol'Jin is horde, the Alliance hates the Horde. After everything that happened it makes sense that Alliance players would be asses towards him.

And being an !@# is fun.
Edited by Kite on 4/18/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
'Cause Vol'jin ain't no !@#$%

The Screenshot proves otherwise...

It just finally feels decent that the Alliance finally has something IN GAME that physically has that jerk !@# of a troll by the coconuts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
04/18/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Kite
Now that you babies have your pacifier, will you finally put this obnoxious complaint to rest?

You don't really have the right to be condescending to us and call out our obnoxious complaints when you make an immature antagonistic post like this one.

Yes... I actually do.

Seeing how the complaint about this was completely trivial to begin with. Especially since the Alliance PCs only get that response if they deliberately be a jerk to Vol'jin. And many of the complainers here were being rather obnoxious and condescending about it all. In a way, it's essentially the Ji Firepaw fiasco again.

And if they all had been less cynical and more civil about this, I would definitely be in the wrong here.
Reply Quote
...amazingly stupid.

Hey, I actually would be ok with that in the proper context. Just not this one. It makes zero sense.

Blizz caved here in the worst possible way and just threw some meaningless red meat at the alliance players without really addressing the fundamental issues. It's no different than this silly "Hordebreaker" business.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

If I overreacted in calling him a troll in that other thread, I think we can agree it applies this time.

It's an opinion. Again, I am entitled to one~

This would have been totally a non-issue had the dialogue for Vol'jin not been threatening or insulting.

Alliance PC: So we've been in a war for the past few years. Why should we join forces and help you?

Vol'jin: Truth is, we need each other. We've got our differences but there's one thing that's constant and that is that Garrosh needs to go. We need your supplies and you need our guerilla experience.

Alliance PC: Okay.

I don't understand why Kosak couldn't do just this. That's all we needed.
Reply Quote
73 Worgen Rogue
04/18/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Zyliros

You don't really have the right to be condescending to us and call out our obnoxious complaints when you make an immature antagonistic post like this one.

Yes... I actually do.

Seeing how the complaint about this was completely trivial to begin with. Especially since the Alliance PCs only get that response if they deliberately be a jerk to Vol'jin. And many of the complainers here were being rather obnoxious and condescending about it all. In a way, it's essentially the Ji Firepaw fiasco again.

And if they all had been less cynical and more civil about this, I would definitely be in the wrong here.

You sunk to their level and personally insulted their intelligence by likening them to children. You have no high ground and are no better.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why Kosak couldn't do just this. That's all we needed.

Because the Horde ALWAYS has to be shown in game as having the upper hand, even if it isn't so.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I know I'm going to come off as a typical "god, Alliance is never happy" poster here....

But I don't like it. It's to far. The Alliance sassing back is fine, but I think something from Voljin along the lines of

"Ya mon, ye could be doin dat. But den dat leaves da two o us in da same place weu is now. So why dont we set aside da hatreds for now and work ta take out da orc who be bringing about so much trouble wit da least bleedin from da two o us so afta we can be bashin eacudders heads in if we so choose"

My Troll accent is horrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]