disc/hpal bubbles stack?

90 Human Warrior
runing a disc and hpal in 10m and wondering if that gimps healing at all with bubbles
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
bubbles/absorbs like attonment/illumiated healing or what ever
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's a fine combination - in fact it's very common.

Illuminated Healing, Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis, and Spirit Shell are all different spells. They don't "stack" in the sense that they add to one another. However, you can have more than one of each on you at any time. I believe that the absorb order is determined by duration, but I'm not 100% on that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
ya thats what im wondering if one over rides the other gimping one or the other
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's been a while since I checked, but they were the most common composition in 5.1 for sure, and likely still for 5.2 overall. The bubbles do not override/hurt each other. The math on that I am not 100% sure of, but I *think* iirc Pallies mastery bubbles will be first in line to hit. Regardless it's a strong combination with incredible burst heals and high utility w/ added dps via Atonement.

So, someone can correct my math if I am wrong, but (very dumbed down version here) last I checked, long time ago, if a pally has a bubble for 2damage on a tank and the priest has a bubble for 10. The tank gets hit for 3 damage, the Pallies mastery will take into effect first and bubble for 2, and then the disc priests bubble will absorb the remaining 1 damage and still have the rest of the bubble remaining.
(If my math is wrong, it's not by much as if anything, it'd just be flipped, disc first, holy second. But I'm pretty certain it's pally first)

They don't "gimp" each other, but the disc priest, should appear lower on most fights (all things being equal - skill/gear etc and not counting incredible atonement fights, such as Horridon) but nothing drastic.

I think min/max for 10man, that's probably still the flat out best 2healing combo. I exclude monks because I know absolutely nothing about them. And pretty much every other class of healer synergizes very well with that combination as well.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/19/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
They don't "gimp" each other, but the disc priest, should appear lower on most fights (all things being equal - skill/gear etc and not counting incredible atonement fights, such as Horridon) but nothing drastic.

Couple fights where there's extremely predictable damage (Horridon comes to mind) on a 1 min timer may end up with Disc Priest pulling out fairly far ahead, but that's because it caters to SS in a way most fights no longer do.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Couple fights where there's extremely predictable damage (Horridon comes to mind) on a 1 min timer may end up with Disc Priest pulling out fairly far ahead, but that's because it caters to SS in a way most fights no longer do.

I would think that, but if that's the case, shouldn't SS shine as well on Megera? I admittedly am not schooled in the ways of Pallies at all, but our pally and myself obliterate our Disc priest on Megera. And, I've just noticed our Priest just by in large, most of his healing via Atonement on Horridon?

Yeah, I've benched my priest, havn't raided any 5.2 with her:P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I would think that, but if that's the case, shouldn't SS shine as well on Megera? I admittedly am not schooled in the ways of Pallies at all, but our pally and myself obliterate our Disc priest on Megera. And, I've just noticed our Priest just by in large, most of his healing via Atonement on Horridon?

Yeah, I've benched my priest, havn't raided any 5.2 with her:P

Well, remember that SS is range-limited by who you cast PoH on. So the spread on Megeara isn't helpful (we spread in two "clumps" but they aren't necessarily in the same party, and people are constantly moving). I don't actually get to cast SS until I'm in the stack point, which means the damage is already incoming. I still use it to give the Druids/Shaman/Pallies a chance to burst back up (Disc just isn't good at that) but it's still going to probably be less HPS than straight PoH spam (if it's 100% effective). When you can front-load the SS before the damage goes out, it works a lot better, as you lose 0 HPS by putting it up during a low-damage period.

Edited to Add: I can't speak to 10 man, but in my raids, I actually spend more time on the adds because they need to go down. I would probably look a lot better if I sat on Horridon the entire time, but that wouldn't really be helpful to the raid. The damage modifier on Horridon can really skew the numbers out of control, though.
Edited by Tiriel on 4/19/2013 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/19/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Tonydanza
The math on that I am not 100% sure of, but I *think* iirc Pallies mastery bubbles will be first in line to hit.

Absorbs work in sets. Effects like trinkets > tank abilities > healer abilities. In the case of multiple different effects from the same set, the effect with the lowest remaining duration will get used up first.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]